Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup..like I said 4,5,12 were the hardest rounds to score. I had to rewatch the 5th and 12 rounds again to make a decision...but even after rewatching, I couldnt make up my mind so I just went with whoever i thought was punching more according to their plan for that specific round.

In the end, I gave Kovalev the 12th round because ward kinda backed off in the last round even though kovalev looked super gassed.
    Best is right, Kovalev was the champion, Ward had to take it from him which he didn't.

Close fights should go to the champion usually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best is right, Kovalev was the champion, Ward had to take it from him which he didn't.

Yup.

I do have a problem with White idiots claiming this fight as rigged and totally Kovalev though. Its pretty stupid...I had kovalev winning but it was pretty darn close and perhaps the Judges just didnt think too highly of the old tradition of taking it away from the champ...

It is what it is.

Huge credit for both fighter taking a fight that nowadysa any boxer would avoid.

Canelo and GGG SHOULD BOTH BE ASHAMED OF THEMSLEVES for advertising themselves as fight anyone figther when they're pretty much doing what Mayweather and Pacman did in thei last 2-3 years of their career.

They're in their primes..no reason to delay.

Ward and Kovalev easily the two best boxers this year

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Dude I boxed for many years...I train MMA. I love boxing it will always be my baby...I really dont enjoy Mayweather's style but to each their own. His defense is amazing and I enjoy it but his offense is more boring than a golf match. I think Mayweather is proof how badly casuals will root for a winner...dude is dull as to watch. As much as I give Lebron at least hes amazing to watching on the court...May is like watching an engineer do his work...its very impressive but i dont really care.

Son, I couldn't agree with you more, I first saw Mayweather fight over 10 years ago, just to see what the hype was about, and instantly noticed dude was boring AF. I was like, he's just ducking and trying to outpoint, attempting to take advantage of the system. Are people unable to see through that? Do they find this entertaining? Though, I'll admit, I'm a Fedor Emelianenko fan, who just goes out there and finishes guys, this gay fighting style might be an American thing, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FULL FIGHT

Damn some of this youtuber are faster than Usain Bolt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

I do have a problem with White idiots claiming this fight as rigged and totally Kovalev though. Its pretty stupid...I had kovalev winning but it was pretty darn close and perhaps the Judges just didnt think too highly of the old tradition of taking it away from the champ...

It is what it is.

Huge credit for both fighter taking a fight that nowadysa any boxer would avoid.

Canelo and GGG SHOULD BOTH BE ASHAMED OF
    THEMSLEVES for advertising themselves as fight anyone figther when they're pretty much doing what Mayweather and Pacman did in thei last 2-3 years of their career.

They're in their primes..no reason to delay.

Ward and Kovalev easily the two best boxers this year
    This.

Rematch will be great! Can't wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching the fight again.

Andre wasn't even close to being hurt after the knock down, just look at his legs, fully there.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn feel sorry for Kovalev.

Should have been a draw.
    This or narrow Kovalev victory

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had decent-sized action on Ward, but I thought Kovalev won by a bit, tbh..Ward clearly dominated the latter parts of the fight, but Kovalev did more damage, overall IMO..toss-up, though, which meant it was a lock for Ward, considering the cir stances..

To be fair, I'm not a fan of Andre Ward, I don't find him entertaining and he's corny as , as are most West coast s, tbh..

Kovalev had a 0% chance of winning if the fight was decided by the judges, though, realistically..Russia has re-emerged as America's primary global threat, politically, especially with all the controversy surrounding Trump, of course..there's no way in that they were going to give the Russian the decision over an American Olympic hero, tbh..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FULL FIGHT

Damn some of this youtuber are faster than Usain Bolt.

I heard the British commentary when I saw the fight, but watching this I can see why many had Kovalev winning

Lampley sounds like he's busting all sorts of nuts when Kovalev punches lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I had kovalev winning by a hair...

Not sure if you can really give the judges for calling it otherwise though. 5,12 were toss up rounds that could have gone to anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard the British commentary when I saw the fight, but watching this I can see why many had Kovalev winning

Lampley sounds like he's busting all sorts of nuts when Kovalev punches lmfao
    The dude tha was scoring and some other dude...both sou d like old man republicans had Kovalev winning by a large margin. ...

gots even gave Kovalev round 9 IRC.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Light heavyweight. I didn't follow any of it, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude tha was scoring and some other dude...both sou d like old man republicans had Kovalev winning by a large margin. ...

ya, Lederman's scoring was embarrassing, tbh..

The play-by-play guy was clearly biased towards Kovalev, too..

I didn't blame the judges, btw..I just think that Kovalev had a 0% chance of winning if the fight was close(which was the likely outcome, since these are 2 of the greats) and came down to a decision..there's no way they're giving the Russian the W..that was part of the reason I put $ on Ward..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man great fight! Major championship heart shown by Andre Ward. He crawled his way back into the fight after looking light he was haging on early in the fight.

I was rooting for him, but that was a Kovalev win or at least a draw.

Fight was close after knockdown, but Kovalev was never in danger and pretty much matched wards exchanges throughout the fight at different times. Ward was busier late, but not enough to take all the late rounds.

Looking foward to rematch.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's Harold Lederman, his daughter is one of the worst judges in the sport.

Paulie Malignaggi, who was on the British feed, didn't know what kind of fight Lederman was watching He had Ward winning. He's also not American bias because he called out the robbery when Hooker (American) stole a landslide win from Perez (Colombian)

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Dude I boxed for many years...I train MMA. I love boxing it will always be my baby...I really dont enjoy Mayweather's style but to each their own. His defense is amazing and I enjoy it but his offense is more boring than a golf match. I think Mayweather is proof how badly casuals will root for a winner...dude is dull as to watch. As much as I give Lebron at least hes amazing to watching on the court...May is like watching an engineer do his work...its very impressive but i dont really care.
    You must be Messican who is MAD that Floyd is the Messican Killa & lets you know about it.

He fought the BIGGER Corrales when Chico was one of the most feared fighters at any weight-class & ranked higher than Floyd. He absolutely destroyed Chico that Prince Naseem at the peak of his powers didn't want anything to do w/ him.

He also put a beating on Gatti:

Stopped the undefeated "Hitman":

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must be Messican who is MAD that Floyd is the Messican Killa & lets you know about it.

He fought the BIGGER Corrales when Chico was one of the most feared fighters at any weight-class & ranked higher than Floyd. He absolutely destroyed Chico that Prince Naseem at the peak of his powers didn't want anything to do w/ him.

He also put a beating on Gatti:

Stopped the undefeated "Hitman":

Both Money and Pacman the started running game in their late 30's tbh..

Why would anyone do things differently ..close to retirment, you need to smart.

But anyone who thinks Money run in his early days doesnt know anything about his history. The dude was clinically outclassing hard hitters and feard figthers in his younger years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya, Lederman's scoring was embarrassing, tbh..

The play-by-play guy was clearly biased towards Kovalev, too..

I didn't blame the judges, btw..I just think that Kovalev had a 0% chance of winning if the fight was close(which was the likely outcome, since these are 2 of the greats) and came down to a decision..there's no way they're giving the Russian the W..that was part of the reason I put $ on Ward..
    Lederman's a idiot.

At point of the fight, he says "Ward should just bully Kovalev if he wants to win".

The rest of the commentators were laughing at him saying "yeah it's really easy, he should do it".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bad look that the Ward fight ended the way it did(not a robbery, but controversial) + Mo Hooker's absolute robbery..both of those s are on Roc Nation..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to bring Pacman and Money into this again...

But Money beat Canelo at age 38 and Pacman just beat a champion at 37 years old while he spends 95% of his time getting manipulated in politics.

That's crazy amount of talent if you ask me...

For floyd to win so effortlsy against canelo at such an older age and Pacman still winning a belt when he hardly trains as well anymore and is 38. Is beyond impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, boxing is such a fine sport compared to that talentless alternative that white no skills individuals rave about...

Also much better than basketball..

Fight started halftime of bulls vs Clippers...Finished the whole 12 rounds and I see that there is still 4 minutes in the fourth quarter and Ramon Rondo still plays in the NBA

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    But anyone who thinks Money run in his early days doesnt know anything about his history. The dude was clinically outclassing hard hitters and feard figthers in his younger years.
    Haters don't know that Floyd was the most ducked fighter at featherweight when he was still making a name for himself. He used to call out Kotza Tzyu, Popo Frietas, Morales, Barrera, Naseem...etc but none of them wanted it after what he did to Chico.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Negroes getting salty...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bad look that the Ward fight ended the way it did(not a robbery, but controversial) + Mo Hooker's absolute robbery..both of those s are on Roc Nation..
    Hooker decision is just inexcusable. Every time boxing tries to move forward, decisions like that happen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Negroes getting salty...
    Imagine how much saltier those chocolate balls are going to taste after Floyd gives Conor a boxing lesson to break Rocky Marciano's record. You know Floyd is going for the 50-0 record while getting paid 200mill to do it.

Thread Information