Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i remember he iced his own defense against Chicago, what was the other one? The Bot is probably taking notes as we speak tbh
    The very last game a few days ago. Did you not watch the ending? The game was tied with about 25 seconds left, the Chiefs had a 3rd & 4 (after a 2nd & 24 lol) from about their own 40-45. Kick would have been extremely long, and the Vikings had gone to the QB on the play for a would-be sack which would have sent the game to OT right there. Instead, DimZim had called a timeout just milliseconds prior to the snap, and the Chiefs got another chance, and ended up completing a pass all the way up to the 26 yard line and ended up kicking an easy 44 yard field goal for the win.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think fourth is the floor. He's better than Flacco, and Joe got a fourth.

I think Hurts starts on the bench too, but I don't think he starts off without the "QB of the future" designation. Unless Lamar just falls apart over the next three months, there will be multiple teams who want to copy the Ravens' system. Yes, they're going to have to deal with the fact that Jackson isn't a typical running QB, both because he's a better passer than most guys with that moniker and because he might be the best runner from the position ever. But still, teams will try to copy it, and a guy like Hurts just makes a ton of sense. Maybe Bill or Payton take him as a project, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team who's basically tired of their below-average QB doesn't seem Cam/Jalen as the best option. Chicago and Denver are obvious choices, but Washington and Cinci too. Both Tampa and Tennessee should consider making changes too.
    Hurts runs an upper 4.4x so he's slower than Lamar or RG3 but still fast enough to be effective in the option, and might have the passing ability to compensate for it, who knows.

Newton ran a 4.6 at the combine, but now he probably runs about a 5-flat after these recent foot injuries, plus being age 32. Sad, but true. I don't think any team can really install an option offense built around him in 2019 or later (basically he'll be like a bigger tight end or Tebow and his biggest advantage in the run game will be trucking guys for YAC, but that strategy won't gain a ton of yards and will get him concussed and on IR fast). And with the compromised shoulders as well, I think he's an NFL backup for the rest of his career. Don't feel sorry for him because he's made 9 figures as a starter in his career.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    The very last game a few days ago. Did you not watch the ending? The game was tied with about 25 seconds left, the Chiefs had a 3rd & 4 (after a 2nd & 24 lol) from about their own 40-45. Kick would have been extremely long, and the Vikings had gone to the QB on the play for a would-be sack which would have sent the game to OT right there. Instead, DimZim had called a timeout just milliseconds prior to the snap, and the Chiefs got another chance, and ended up completing a pass all the way up to the 26 yard line and ended up kicking an easy 44 yard field goal for the win.
    admittedly no, I didn't watch the full game live but that's hilarious. First Kingsbury, now Zimmer...icing your own defense is starting to gain popularity. Only a matter of time before The Bot incorporates that one into the playbook tbh imho

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    NATIONAL BROADCASTS
    Thursday Night: LA Chargers @ Oakland (FOX/NFLN)
    Sunday Night: Minnesota @ Dallas (NBC)
    Monday Night: Seattle @ San Francisco (ESPN)

Byes: Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, New England, Philadelphia, Washington

CBS SINGLE

Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Kansas City @ Tennessee
    Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Detroit @ Chicago
    Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

Baltimore @ Cincinnati
    Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

Buffalo @ Cleveland
    Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Miami @ Indianapolis (LATE)
    Greg Gumbel, Trent Green

FOX EARLY

Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Atlanta @ New Orleans
    Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis

NY Giants @ NY Jets
    Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber

Arizona @ Tampa Bay
    Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman

NO GAME due to blackout enforced by local home team on CBS

FOX LATE

Anchorage
    Fairbanks
    Honolulu

Carolina @ Green Bay
    Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

LA Rams @ Pittsburgh
    Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    FOX Double / CBS Single, the way it should be every NFL week that there's no MLB playoffs.

Fox NFL presentation >>>>>>>>>> CBS

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    AJ Green is back! Fantasy football owners rejoice!!!

Oh wait, injured in his first week back at practice

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    huge game tonight. with a win, the raiders are sitting pretty at 5-4 with upcoming games against the jets and bengals (jets at home, bengals on the road). with a loss, they fall behind the chargers and become tied with ans/jaguars group.

plus its the last night/primetime game in oakland, so i'm sure fans will be hyped.

biggest question is our OL health. trent brown has posted on social media implying he's good to go. if rodney hudson plays, too, i like our chances. the backup center was pretty bad last week both with snapping issues and just blocking in general. if we can control the clock like we did against the lions (before ing around sitting on the lead in the 4th), we should be able to deal with the chargers. a good run game would neutralize their edge rushers just like we were able to handle the broncos and bears.

but if possessions are flying back and forth, i like the chargers chances with their passing game, and bosa/ingram probably get to carr on more than one occasion in that scenario. chargers have some decent players in the secondary even with derwin james being out, but their weakness is right up the middle.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Hudson and Brown both active

that means our starting OL will take (at least) their 11th snap together this season

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    huge game tonight. with a win, the raiders are sitting pretty at 5-4 with upcoming games against the jets and bengals (jets at home, bengals on the road). with a loss, they fall behind the chargers and become tied with ans/jaguars group.

plus its the last night/primetime game in oakland, so i'm sure fans will be hyped.

biggest question is our OL health. trent brown has posted on social media implying he's good to go. if rodney hudson plays, too, i like our chances. the backup center was pretty bad last week both with snapping issues and just blocking in general. if we can control the clock like we did against the lions (before ing around sitting on the lead in the 4th), we should be able to deal with the chargers. a good run game would neutralize their edge rushers just like we were able to handle the broncos and bears.

but if possessions are flying back and forth, i like the chargers chances with their passing game, and bosa/ingram probably get to carr on more than one occasion in that scenario. chargers have some decent players in the secondary even with derwin james being out, but their weakness is right up the middle.
    Praying for another fluke interception like Worley last week tbh.

They're gonna load up the box, Carr is gonna have to make some big plays downfield. And I'm not talking Waller getting 20 YAC. I'm talking some deep bombs to Tyrell going up against his old team.

Huge game tbh, I hope we show up.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if the Raiders don't win tbh. It's a Thursday night game and the Chargers always seem to fold in must-win games.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Praying for another fluke interception like Worley last week tbh.

They're gonna load up the box, Carr is gonna have to make some big plays downfield. And I'm not talking Waller getting 20 YAC. I'm talking some deep bombs to Tyrell going up against his old team.

Huge game tbh, I hope we show up.
    carr was plenty aggressive last game (exception being early in the 4th quarter when they went super conservative because gruden wanted to sit on a 7 point lead ). and honestly it's surprising given the makeup of this WR group. we lost 2 of our top 3 receivers that had been part of the plan all offseason (obviously AB, but also JJ Nelson who was supposed to be the #3 guy and another designated deep threat). instead we have trevor davis, zay jones, etc. the two receiving touchdowns were to Foster Moreau and Hunter Renfroew

and waller has had 2 catches each of the last 2 games tbh
    Last edited by spurraider21; 11-07-2019 at 08:14 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i get that on thursday they wear funky jerseys, but i hate when the raiders wear white at home... rather they went with something rad like all black

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    questionable PI call, man. both guys were jostling and the defender got his hand on the ball

bad challenge by gruden tbh, his arm was coming forward before he got hit. gruden hasn't won a single challenge all year

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    not very often hudson blows a double team like that

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    chargers

Post Count
    Watching this game atm..just turned it on..little disappointed it isn't in LA so I could see the Chargers attendance lol

Post Count

Post Count
    Was hoping it was a home game to see if the broadcasters avoided the issue or not and to see if they even framed the camera shots to avoid showing the crowd lol

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i mean the stadium capacity is something like 28k iirc

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiders D had come up big, but they've been on the field too long. offense needs to sustain a drive. never would have guessed this is how the first half would play out

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He looked the part last year and they went 12-4. This year he's been atrocious and they're 3-5. Losing exposes all flaws. I don't know how they beat the Vikings, tbh.
    Chase Daniels beat the Vikings.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    running the scat-back up the middle on 3rd and short

the gruden?

Thread Information