Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    looks like steve is going to be a good fit.

really wish we could of kept that guy, very underated brings it every night, and helps set the tone.. and never hesitates on that big shot

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    yea didnt catch much of the game but the final mins, just in time for blakes shot felt good for the guy he deserves a home i would of hate seeing him rot with the clips or go from team to team.. every once in a while you gotta check him though, sometimes he gets a little trigger happy

barnes is going to be a solid addition also another player who you know what youll get night in and night out with i hated him on the suns and gsw but the games i watched him play on orl he looked like he was more thoughtful with his shot selection lol

Tankin'
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    barnes is going to be a solid addition also another player who you know what youll get night in and night out with i hated him on the suns and gsw but the games i watched him play on orl he looked like he was more thoughtful with his shot selection lol

I ing hate that Barnes and that will never change. But he is a huge upgrade over Luke or whatever other corpse we threw out there last season at backup SF. anything is an upgrade over Luke since he contributes absolutely nothing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    we have blake and barnes for farmar and morrison

nuff said

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blake won't have games like this every night but he and Barnes are a very solid upgrade for the bench. Lakers got better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    looks like steve is going to be a good fit.

really wish we could of kept that guy, very underated brings it every night, and helps set the tone.. and never hesitates on that big shot
    He was too hesitant the first 3 quarters when he had a plethora of open looks. Still, he came through when it mattered most so his confidence should be sky-high right now.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    His defense is pretty bad but he's basically the anti-Farmar offensively with his unselfishness.

He'll excel on the Lakers since he seems to have his ego in check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake is the exact type of guard that tends to pop-up and hit key shots out of the triangle.

Between him and Barnes I think the Lakers re-tooled their bench quite nicely.

Which is ing gay.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anyone not named jordan farmar is an upgrade TBH. Well unless if you're smush parker

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hi, fartface.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sup smush cubby

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We won last nite. How'd your team fare?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake will play decent through the regular season but during playoffs:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blake will play decent through the regular season but during playoffs:

Non-issue.

the Lakers signed Blake to get Fisher through the regular season so Fish will be ready to stick that next dagger in the playoffs

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blake pretty much said "Im the new "Fish" in town" with that shot.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    .....looking around immediately afterward for Kobe was a little disconcerting, but, I'm being petty.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A definite upgrade over Farmar and will provide at least a good back-up to Fisher. I did notice, though, it was Blake who had the final burn in the game and that was a bit interesting. I wonder how Derek took that...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A definite upgrade over Farmar and will provide at least a good back-up to Fisher. I did notice, though, it was Blake who had the final burn in the game and that was a bit interesting. I wonder how Derek took that...
    props to Phil Jackson for finally sticking with a lineup that works

Shaolin IN DA HOUSE!!! tbonewalker's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense is pretty bad but he's basically the anti-Farmar offensively with his unselfishness.

He'll excel on the Lakers since he seems to have his ego in check.

You haven't a clue who or what you are talking about, evidenced by the bold above.

And, ego? Lol, as if the defense comment wasn't bad enough you felt the need to add another stinker of a comment on top of it. Steve Blake has never had ego problems.

Just another poster here who obviously knows zilch about the game, Laker fan or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Blake was one of the worst defenders in the NBA last year..

He was ranked 324th in the NBA in isolation defense..opponents scored on him 50% of the time they were guarded by him, historically bad..

He was ranked 355th in the NBA in team defense..opponents scored on 46% of the opportunities where Blake was supposed to or did rotate on to the offensive player..

He was ranked 441st in the NBA in overall defense..you could make the argument that he was the WORST defender in the entire NBA last year, at least on the perimeter..

Obviously his D will improve with the Lakers system and players next to/behind him, but he IS a bad defensive player..PG defense is relatively irrelevant though, so it's not a big deal at all..the Lakers hopes don't depend on Blake's defense in any way..

I liked the addition for the Lakers, he's a lot more consistent than Farmar, and that's all you can ask for from him..the addition of Barnes was good too, even if he isn't a good player..he hustles and brings a lot of energy..

Shaolin IN DA HOUSE!!! tbonewalker's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Blake was one of the worst defenders in the NBA last year..

He was ranked 324th in the NBA in isolation defense..opponents scored on him 50% of the time they were guarded by him, historically bad..

He was ranked 355th in the NBA in team defense..opponents scored on 46% of the opportunities where Blake was supposed to or did rotate on to the offensive player..

He was ranked 441st in the NBA in overall defense..you could make the argument that he was the WORST defender in the entire NBA last year, at least on the perimeter..

Obviously his D will improve with the Lakers system and players next to/behind him, but he IS a bad defensive player..PG defense is relatively irrelevant though, so it's not a big deal at all..the Lakers hopes don't depend on Blake's defense in any way..

I liked the addition for the Lakers, he's a lot more consistent than Farmar, and that's all you can ask for from him..the addition of Barnes was good too, even if he isn't a good player..he hustles and brings a lot of energy..

LMAO!!!

Ladies and genetlemen, I present to you the Moron Numero Uno of the board, HarlemHeat37!!!

What a pathetic attempt at judging a players defense. Defensive ratings? You are a complete and total basketball-illiterate goofball. You should stick to Project Runway.

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    props to Phil Jackson for finally sticking with a lineup that works

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Steve Blake is a lousy defender. No lateral quickness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol thinking Blake is anything but a good shooter

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blake >>>>>>>>>>>> Farmar & Fisher. Blake actually plays hard & looks for teammates. Farmar was nothing but a stat who was always butthurt because he wanted to be the starter. Fisher will make a few big shots in the playoffs like usual but LA really needed a pretty smart backup PG for the regular season so Fisher can get more rest. I was stunned that Phil kept Fisher on the bench in the end last night, I hope it stays like that. Btw, Blake actually knows how to throw an entry pass, something I have never seen Farmar do hahaha it's gonna be a big improvement.

Thread Information