Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Spurs GO!

Spurs Injuries: Derrick White (Toe — Day-to-Day), Keldon Johnson (Foot — Day-to-Day), Quinndary Weatherspoon (Knee — Day-to-Day), Keita Bates-Diop (Ankle - Day-to-Day)
    Rockets Injuries: Christian Wood (Elbow - Day-to-Day)

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020...ouston-rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Houston Rockets enter their matchup with the San Antonio Spurs, unsure whether James Harden will be part of the contest. He is expected to join team practice on Monday, so this could be his 2020-21 NBA preseason debut.
    The San Antonio Spurs will hope to bounce back from their poor showing against the Thunder with their first NBA preseason win.
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...season-2020-21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You beat me by six minutes, BillMc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs are headed up I-10 for the first of back-to-back preseason matchups with the Houston Rockets.

The Spurs looked mostly disjointed in their first preseason game, which is not entirely surprising considering they are trying to put together a new offensive style while missing key pieces like White and Johnson. This led to Pop trotting out a dinosaur lineup of vets that looked all too similar to last season, and the results were predictable.

Unfortunately, DW and KJ are still expected to be sidelined tonight as well as Weatherspoon and Bates-Diop, so I don't expect any wholesale lineup changes. Part of the reason the Spurs were successful in the bubble was because Pop went mad scientist with the youngsters, but due to injuries, he couldn't do that right now even if he wanted to.

Houston, on the other hand, is just trying to recover from the disarray that is James Harden. After going on a Tour De Strippers, the Beard has returned to Houston and has somehow managed to pass 6 straight COVID tests to be cleared to participate. He has now begun attending team workouts, but it remains unclear whether he will play in his first preseason game tonight (let alone be a Rocket by the end of the season). Otherwise, they are hoping on a revival of the corpses of John Wall and Boogie Cousins to contend.

We'll see if the Spurs can build upon this new system, and if Pop is willing to throw out any new wrinkles tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real story tonight is the return of James Harden, who returns to the team after passing the COVID-19 protocol that required him to test negative six consecutive times. Oh, and he kinda held out because he wants a trade. I’m still not sure how to handle that trade request in game previews, so I’ll direct you to the awesome coverage that others have had here on TDS. For now, I’ll say it will be nice to see Harden back in a Rockets jersey. Enjoy it, because it might be the last time you see it.Oh, and uh...San Antonio is going to be way better than anyone expects. Don’t let them fly under the radar. You get it by now.And they are going for Giannis Antetokounmpo next summer too.
    Tip-off is at 7pm CT on AT&T SportsNet Southwest

https://www.thedreamshake.com/2020/1...uest-john-wall

Last edited by BillMc; 12-15-2020 at 03:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You beat me by six minutes, BillMc
    Sorry bro. You got next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry bro. You got next.
    All good. Maybe you will bring us better luck this time around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs are headed up I-10 for the first of back-to-back preseason matchups with the Houston Rockets.

The Spurs looked mostly disjointed in their first preseason game, which is not entirely surprising considering they are trying to put together a new offensive style while missing key pieces like White and Johnson. This led to Pop trotting out a dinosaur lineup of vets that looked all too similar to last season, and the results were predictable.

Unfortunately, DW and KJ are still expected to be sidelined tonight as well as Weatherspoon and Bates-Diop, so I don't expect any wholesale lineup changes. Part of the reason the Spurs were successful in the bubble was because Pop went mad scientist with the youngsters, but due to injuries, he couldn't do that right now even if he wanted to.

Houston, on the other hand, is just trying to recover from the disarray that is James Harden. After going on a Tour De Strippers, the Beard has returned to Houston and has somehow managed to pass 6 straight COVID tests to be cleared to participate. He has now begun attending team workouts, but it remains unclear whether he will play in his first preseason game tonight (let alone be a Rocket by the end of the season). Otherwise, they are hoping on a revival of the corpses of John Wall and Boogie Cousins to contend.

We'll see if the Spurs can build upon this new system, and if Pop is willing to throw out any new wrinkles tonight.
    John Wall, Boogie Cousins and Harden. Likable team....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you gentlemen. Much needed thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping Lonnie gets the start tonight. We have seen our version of ‘Crawl Ball’ last game, hoping that doesn’t become a trend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't age well at all
    Bud already did us a solid by taking Forbes away from us. We can't do him dirty like that by taking Giannis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud already did us a solid by taking Forbes away from us. We can't do him dirty like that by taking Giannis
    Bud also, if I remember correctly, took a washed-up Splitter in Atlanta for nothing, so we could make room to sign LMA. He's been good to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping Lonnie gets the start tonight. We have seen our version of ‘Crawl Ball’ last game, hoping that doesn’t become a trend.
    Agreed. I don't care whether Jak-LMA start together, as long as Lonnie gets to play a bit. He's gotta fight through his limitations, and the best way to do it is playing the game as much as possible, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is not the answer at PG. He's just not. He has no knowledge of dribbling a basketball correctly much less running an NBA offense. Tre Jones already can do a much better job. The reason why the offense is so stagnant, it starts with Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really hope we get much better performances out of dj, luka and lonnie this go around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping to see more of Vassell, Luka, Lonnie. They need all the on-court experience

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters should be:

DJ/Walker/Vassell/DD/LMA

bench

Jones/Mills/Gay/Lyles or Luka/Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is not the answer at PG. He's just not. He has no knowledge of dribbling a basketball correctly much less running an NBA offense. Tre Jones already can do a much better job. The reason why the offense is so stagnant, it starts with Murray.
    everybody knows that. Just like everybody knew Forbes shouldn't start. Or that Belinelli shouldn't play at all. Except for Gregg Flopovich of course. Starting line up will be Murray/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge/Poeltl. Rockets by 30

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING NEWS* LUKA THE 7 FT CUCK IS NOT PLAYING TONIGHT *BREAKING NEWS

He's out with food poisoning
    Welp. Only player worth watching is Vassell.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if harden plays then how many points do the rockets win by?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i've seen some people open to harden on the spurs... fück that. i mean... i guess, yeah, do it... just so you could flip him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How do you miss three days because of food poisoning? Sounds su ious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you never had food poison? When you got stuff projecting from your Ass and Mouth at the same time yeah it’s going to take a few days to get over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you never had food poison? When you got stuff projecting from your Ass and Mouth at the same time yeah it’s going to take a few days to get over.
    I have... Or so I thought I've had. Lasted two days at most for me.

Thread Information