San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like China's action at all. They're treating it like a virus that can be eradicated. It's everywhere in the world and their method is short-sighted, as eventually it's going to have to work its way through their population until either it has infected 40% to 70% and finished quick spreading or they get a working vaccine.

I think we shouldn't starve the virus. We should just try as much as we can to slow it's growth so that the population can get it over the months without completely overwhelming our hospitals so that our mortality rate doesn't e to longterm. Right now it's most likely too late to not have that happen for the next few weeks but my hope is the social distancing and shutting down of nonessential business lets us spread this infection over longer time frames going forward. At some point probably enough of the population will have it that it makes sense to reopen the country and let the virus finish burning through our population, because of the way infection curves drop off very quickly once a lot of the population has either recovered or died.
    You forget that the virus is targeting the age bracket that houses the most powerful people, be it through politics or riches (boomers). That's why we're not doing the whole "let it burn through" strategy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forget that the virus is targeting the age bracket that houses the most powerful people, be it through politics or riches (boomers). That's why we're not doing the whole "let it burn through" strategy.

This virus doesn't target just the old. It targets everyone. Seeing it affect children as young as a few weeks old to the oldest population. In the US and Europe, those most affected are probably our age group. 20-40, 40-55. Its NOT another flu. Its NOT just old people who can die.

Its affecting even the healthiest of people. I know a triathelete in the NYC area on life support. 35 years old. Wouldn't be surprised if he passes away.

And the show of a government is making it worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and I am not liking the information about scare damage to heart and lungs for anyone who gets it. Hopefully some of the drugs that show promise in treating it will alleviate some of that damage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of weeks? China and Korea have been on lockdown for a couple of MONTHS, complete lockdown, and their curves are just starting to flatten. It’s going to run wild here, and the worst case for fatalities will likely be reached, like 2M.
    i can't speak for korea but you have no idea how filthy china is typically, and how much more crowded and impoverished the conditions. it's night and day.

as far as what to do, you fight it best you can but there's really not much you can do ultimately. humans are social creatures and it always leaves us vulnerable to disease. can't really blame a country or great civilization for getting run through by a plague...nothing has changed so dramatically that we've suddenly graduated from all that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah worried about virus but also worried about an economic collapse already have friends being laid off if this continues for a long it going to get real bad. At some point they will have to let the virus just run but opening the economy will have to happen people need to make money to buy food and medicine etc.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    my ex got a great job a couple weeks ago. they just cut her hours from 40 to 16.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This virus doesn't target just the old. It targets everyone. Seeing it affect children as young as a few weeks old to the oldest population. In the US and Europe, those most affected are probably our age group. 20-40, 40-55. Its NOT another flu. Its NOT just old people who can die.

Its affecting even the healthiest of people. I know a triathelete in the NYC area on life support. 35 years old. Wouldn't be surprised if he passes away.

And the show of a government is making it worse.
    Yes, you can die from it even if you are young especially if you have underlying medical conditions. But the large majority (like 99.9%) of younger people will recover from it on their own or be asymptomatic. Older people are more at risk.

All that has been proven already. No need to treat it like it's a threat to our existence. It's bad but no need for the fear mongering either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, you can die from it even if you are young especially if you have underlying medical conditions. But the large majority (like 99.9%) of younger people will recover from it on their own or be asymptomatic. Older people are more at risk.

All that has been proven already. No need to treat it like it's a threat to our existence. It's bad but no need for the fear mongering either.
    Many friends who are trying to deal with this outbreak. Not trying to be fear mongering. But need people to understand how serious this is. Its not just another flu. See too many people ignoring everything and its just making a ty situation worse.

The amount of ignorance I see on a daily basis is scary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary how many covidiots there are in this world but then again, it's not surprising how stupid people are in general.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb people: 97. Duh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many friends who are trying to deal with this outbreak. Not trying to be fear mongering. But need people to understand how serious this is. Its not just another flu. See too many people ignoring everything and its just making a ty situation worse.

The amount of ignorance I see on a daily basis is scary.
    I'm all for taking it seriously and ting on the young idiots that aren't. I'm just saying, the main motive is to protect our precious parents/grandparents. We're not even close to being as at risk as they are. The real goal is to protect them, not ourselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for taking it seriously and ting on the young idiots that aren't. I'm just saying, the main motive is to protect our precious parents/grandparents. We're not even close to being as at risk as they are. The real goal is to protect them, not ourselves.
    Its protect all of us. They are susceptible, but this killer has no issues killing younger people. 1/2 the patients in ARDS from this virus are under 50.

Youth isnt protective.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Scary how many covidiots there are in this world but then again, it's not surprising how stupid people are in general.
    it's pretty unnerving how dismissive people are. those people will not being helping to contain this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone hear from padre?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what players can do during this lockdown. They are not allowed in the gym, and no physical contact with a trainer. I'm sure many of them have some kind of gym or even basketball court in their house? What kind of training can they do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone hear from padre?
    RIP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone hear from padre?

Ive been wondering the same thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what players can do during this lockdown. They are not allowed in the gym, and no physical contact with a trainer. I'm sure many of them have some kind of gym or even basketball court in their house? What kind of training can they do?

Whatever they want if they have their own gyms

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #COVID19 hospitalisation and ICU admissions stratified by age group in the US:- 20-44 age group: ~1 in 5 hospitalised, 1 in 20 in ICU- 45-64 age group: ~1 in 3 hospitalised, 1 in 10 in ICUThe risk of severe disease and intensive care admission in young adults is not zero.

https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1242394286383079424?s=20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chinese govt itself is saying infection may cause infertility and recommends you get tested for hormones if you've had it. even if you catch it and dont die its not like it cant permanently mess you up. it's not influenza nor is it related to influenza.
    this whole outbreak is revealing one of the few drawbacks of our great society. ny is ed now and its because we hate being told what to do. we dont listen for
    Last edited by weeks; 03-24-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Thread Information