Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am leaning that the FO is just a mess more than anything..and needs a change. It’s hard for me to believe they are hated when they have such a wide reaching coaching tree and staff etc..They have a lot of friends all around the league.
    I don't disagree with you but despite of all of their friends in other FOs they never trade with them. Logically there are reasons for it that go beyond Spurs are outliers who don't trade. Perhaps there's a power vacuum after RC was replaced by Wright, perhaps Wright has no real power, perhaps other teams don't know who makes the decisions. I don't know.

As for the players teams in the Spurs division have - all of them were acquired with their team's own picks after having down years, not due to picks they've traded for. Some of them might become good and successful, but so far they haven't achieved much. Some others will be paid max contracts while taking their teams nowhere.

If the Spurs project to be bad in the next year or two and draft someone like Banchero, Holmgren or Wembanyama they'd be on the same level as them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to stop blocking Lonnie or others with low ceiling vets and let them get their value up if they want to trade them…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree with you but despite of all of their friends in other FOs they never trade with them. Logically there are reasons for it that go beyond Spurs are outliers who don't trade. Perhaps there's a power vacuum after RC was replaced by Wright, perhaps Wright has no real power, perhaps other teams don't know who makes the decisions. I don't know.

As for the players teams in the Spurs division have - all of them were acquired with their team's own picks after having down years, not due to picks they've traded for. Some of them might become good and successful, but so far they haven't achieved much. Some others will be paid max contracts while taking their teams nowhere.

If the Spurs project to be bad in the next year or two and draft someone like Banchero, Holmgren or Wembanyama they'd be on the same level as them.
    Sure - Ive said it’s not like SA is in dire spot; it’s just frustrating because they leave so much meat on the proverbial bone and have no direction or creativity.

Dallas traded their pick for Luka. And while it was the other teams own picks, they allowed themselves to get them vs being stubborn and lying to themselves and delaying the inevitable despite having every opportunity SA had to lie to themselves too.

But this is a results business and in any way imaginable SA FO has put SA at the bottom of their division while supposedly having a “goal” and making moves to win. They failed at winning and failed at rebuilding too so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am leaning that the FO is just a mess more than anything..and needs a change. It’s hard for me to believe they are hated when they have such a wide reaching coaching tree and staff etc..They have a lot of friends all around the league.

The frustration for me lies in a couple of areas:

1. Everyone leaning on the Kawhi left crutch. It’s true. He screwed the Spurs. But NO lost AD and managed it better. Harden forced himself out and HOU managed to give themselves a quicker/better shot at a rebuild. Yes, Kawhi cir stance from a value perspective was different; but it was SA that chose DDR vs rebuild and compounded mistakes and missed opportunities to be honest with themselves

2. The lack of vision/creativity: GS with Curry/Klay/Dray have better picks than SA. Even as they were winning they never took their foot of the gas. They not only got creative as with DLO but then took calculated risks trading him for Wiggins to get more draft capital and have a win now team and a.great hedge for their future.

Just look at our own division: Dallas makes a bold move to go get their guy in Luka and it was beautiful.

NO chose young players and picks vs just forcing LA to find “win now vets for us” then make a great bold move to dump bad contracts and still maintain having a lottery pick.

HOU chose to bottom out, took a great low risk high reward gamble on Porter Jr, landed Wood in FA etc…

MEM been nailing drafts and making trades.

Literally our entire division has made trades and taken smart creative gambles and put themselves in a good position despite 2 of them also losing Kawhi level stars.

It’s hard to defend all these little “oh we can’t find a deal” comments when it’s been years and everyone else around is doing it.
    the front office is in shambles, and what's worse is they don't even know it. They think they're doing great.

19 teams made trades on draft night in an attempt to get better. Some in the short term, some long, some trying to work angles on salaries, some trying to get more looks at future drafts.

That the Spurs couldn't or wouldn't do anything is worrisome. The only trades in recent memory they've done have been about making other teams better or doing favors for players who don't want anything to do with the Spurs. The Hill-Kawhi trade was 10 years ago and feels like a century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Spurs not drafting Sengun, the need for a backup C is more urgent than ever. Is Milutinov available this summer?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything better than an F- is generous AF...
    I saw one outlet give the pick a C+

But everyone else they were giving grades for was B+ or A+

I think that was their way of giving it an F.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of y’all are extra af, spurs are one of the best organizations at drafting in the league. I can understand being upset that they didn’t try to trade back and grab Primo but this kid has a huge ceiling imo
    His floor isn't looking good: G League bouncer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting an 18 year-old
    Last edited by Arcadian; 07-30-2021 at 02:32 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Spurs not drafting Sengun, the need for a backup C is more urgent than ever. Is Milutinov available this summer?
    He probably has a buyout in his contract, but last time I saw him talk about his future was him gushing over Moscow and looking forward to next year with CSKA. And last I heard he was rather upset with the Spurs for how they've handled not bringing him over.

Just another Scola situation.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here’s some video of Primo during his combine workouts. I’m warming up to this pick.
    Reminds me of when Parker would get desperate to show he could dunk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisdom from Wright

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/s...79087711997953

"Brian Wright says Primo's timeline will be his timeline "

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wieskamp pick gives this more context. The Spurs probably had both really high on their boards. They probably knew Primo doesn’t make it to the 2nd round and rolled the dice that Wieskamp would be there. If they couldn’t find an offer to trade down with, the only choice left is to take Primo at 12, even if it means getting dumped on by the media/fans. I look forward to seeing summer league.
    This is why the Spurs are stupid AF. This isn't a high priority pick no matter how much they like him. Trade down to the 20's and pick up some sh** along with getting your preferred pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisdom from Wright

Here's to hoping Brian Wright's timeline ends sometime in the near future

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what seems better on paper:

Dallas: Luka
    MEM: Ja + JJJ + Ziaire
    NO: Zion/Ingram (maybe Lonzo)
    HOU: Green/Wood/Sengun/Garuba
    SA: Murray/White/Keldon/Vassell/Lonnie/Primo

If you were starting a team, how would you rank the cores to build off of?
    Throw in Samanic while you're at it. Spurs potential is hot garbage. Not one of those guys who has shown flashes isn't expendable IMO.

Also A Pacers Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what seems better on paper:

Dallas: Luka
    MEM: Ja + JJJ + Ziaire
    NO: Zion/Ingram (maybe Lonzo)
    HOU: Green/Wood/Sengun/Garuba
    SA: Murray/White/Keldon/Vassell/Lonnie/Primo

If you were starting a team, how would you rank the cores to build off of?
    Wake me up when we have a top 5 pick talent on our roster to compare against. Otherwise this comparison is utter bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisdom from Wright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright is just the fall guy here. No way this decision was made without RC's blessing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took a quick look on Twitter and Insta, and I don't see any Spurs welcoming Primo to the team, other than Dejounte's not-too-friendly emoji post.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Wake me up when we have a top 5 pick talent on our roster to compare against. Otherwise this comparison is utter bull
    That's because Spurs wanted to "compete" instead of blowing it up and wasted three years treadmilling with fake star Dumbar. As DPG mentioned, every other team that lost their superstar are rebuilding a lot quicker than SA because they accepted the inevitable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright says Primo had the best ceiling of any player available.

https://www.nba.com/spurs/video/team...t-72921-394814

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft guy PD Web

https://twitter.com/abovethebreak3/s...75649586663429

"i had a higher grade on joel ayayi than on josh primo, so yeah, the lakers did prettttyyyy well in UDFA."

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Took a quick look on Twitter and Insta, and I don't see any Spurs welcoming Primo to the team, other than Dejounte's not-too-friendly emoji post.
    Primo's a project guard that's years and years away. Taking him 12th signals to the older guards like Murray/White/etc that the front office has no faith in them and are already looking beyond them to the future. No help is coming, get used to losing in a Spurs uniform is the FO's message to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you realize the reason SA doesn’t have a top 5 pick is their own doing, right? That’s kind of the point..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright says Primo had the best ceiling of any player available.

https://www.nba.com/spurs/video/team...t-72921-394814

Pretty much what i said. Once bouknight was gonzo spurs took the player they felt had the most "upside" . It is what it is guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

C+ from these guys. But what do they know

Thread Information