Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SRS question... I wonder if his family was about to get kidnapped in Mexico again and that's why Manu had to throw Games 6 & 7?
    stfu u dumbass er

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stfu u dumbass er
    What's your hypothesis about why he threw the two games son?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many were very angry that a guy that couldn't even shoot took more shots than Manu, imho.
    lol in fact be true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your hypothesis about why he threw the two games son?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've honestly never understood why anyone feels the obligation to take sides when talking about Tony and Manu. They're both vital to the successes the Spurs have had and if you want to get picky about it, any argument that one "cost" the Spurs a le can be countered with an argument that the other did something similar. But none of that changes anything about either of them: ultimately, they're both likely to play out their entire careers with the Spurs, to be revered for the rest of their lives (and beyond) as legendary players in this franchise's history -- arguably, the 4th and 5th best players in the club's history (at worst) -- and each will be enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

I think fans on both sides of the "debate" would be well-served to take cues from the guys themselves and follow the incredibly high degree of respect and appreciation that each has for the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've honestly never understood why anyone feels the obligation to take sides when talking about Tony and Manu. They're both vital to the successes the Spurs have had and if you want to get picky about it, any argument that one "cost" the Spurs a le can be countered with an argument that the other did something similar. But none of that changes anything about either of them: ultimately, they're both likely to play out their entire careers with the Spurs, to be revered for the rest of their lives (and beyond) as legendary players in this franchise's history -- arguably, the 4th and 5th best players in the club's history (at worst) -- and each will be enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame.

I think fans on both sides of the "debate" would be well-served to take cues from the guys themselves and follow the incredibly high degree of respect and appreciation that each has for the other.
    Would you mind just repeating this quote at the beginning of every game thread for the rest of these players' careers?

Srsly, Thank you very much. Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when that ed game 7 too?

Yeah, so ing sad, he just handed the ring to that pussy Lebrona

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a stirpot, tbh... but it's true that Argies were not used to the 'scoring-first' PG... you have to think about the PGs back then for Team ARG: Pepe Sanchez, Monteccia, then Prigioni... all pass-first guys. And the success they had beating NBA-laden teams using team-first type of game instead of what was more common in the NBA at the time (one on one, hero ball). They saw the beauty of the game the Spurs play today a few seasons before the Spurs adopted it as their own (motion, etc).

Credit should go to Pop for embracing that, and also making it work with a scoring-first PG like Tony. Also credit should go to Tony for buying into that system and evolving into a dominant player within such a system.

Manu always has been a gracious guy, and he speaks his mind. I don't suppose this time is any different. Please do share if you find any other nice quotes.
    The goods tbh

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I quoted it again.

#ForTruth

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of this stemmed off from when Manu pretty much was turned into a permanent sixth man off the bench (at the time that role wasn't really considered very important) when he deserved to start over all the SG's we've had. Ever since then I think there's been this thing between Manu and Tony to try to make Manu look better.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Argentina Manu fans are much like American Kobe fans. They are ignorant about the game and could care less about team success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, they hated Tony by calling him a ball hog who didn't pass it to Manu.
    LOL!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to TP on the award

Congratulations to @tonyparker on being named French Sports Athlete of the Year! pic.twitter.com/bNg2oyaXux

`

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony P. racking up those accolades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to TP on the award

Congratulations to @tonyparker on being named French Sports Athlete of the Year! pic.twitter.com/bNg2oyaXux

`
    lefty is that you? He looks like an Algerian terrorist on that pic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teddy Riner (best judoka ever) traveled to SA to give him that trophy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bruno. Congrats TP

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker about leadership:

I think that I've always had that in me. I was the elder brother and to be PG on the court, push you to be the leader of the team. With FNT, it went quickly and naturally. With the U16, U18 and the seniors, where they gave me the keys to the team in 2003 while I was 21 years old. With Spurs, it was more progressive. I have a huge respect for Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich so I've never asked for it. I've grown by respecting rule at the house and, when I came here, I did the same thing. I wouldn't rebel against them. I'm smart enough to understand who is the boss and that you can't go against him. It is a war that can never win. We got a really good team that was winning with that hierarchy. It was Duncan's team and I had too much respect for him. I wouldn't have started a fight, like, for example, Kobe and Shaq. In 2011, after the Eurobasket, Pop call me in his office: "it is time you do with Spurs what you do with FNT. You can't wait anymore for your turn. You are the one who should have the keys of the team." To carry a team, it's a big pressure but I've prepared myself for this moment my whole career. I wanted that pressure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Saturday, french magazine "L'équipe magazine" was fully about Tony Parker with interview of Tim, Manu and Pop about him. For close Spurs fans, there wasn't a lot to learn since we already know the whole story but I find Manu's quote quite interesting:

"It's true that at first Argentina fans didn't like Tony. At the time in Argentina, people wanted to see me becoming the best player in the world and had still that idea of the classical pass first PG. But Tony is a different player. Tony is a scoring PG , and a damn good one!
    I don't know if it was jealousy to see that young Frenchman outscoring me but they can't accept his playing style. This old-school mentality, he made it changed. He has silenced them all. Tony can now take over the game whenever he wants and he is likely the best PG in the league."

Still relevant, tbh

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Argentina Manu fans are much like American Kobe fans. They are ignorant about the game and could care less about team success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duncan about Spurs:

"I believe that Pop, Manu, Tony and me, all feel it's an honor to be here. It isn't only because we have great living conditions but it's mostly because we all know, that this franchise's creed, is to bring together players and fit them in to remain compe ive season after season. The owner and Pop have truly wanted to develop that family spirit. Today, nobody wants to go elsewhere for a more random situation, even to win more money. You got here bot a comfortable situation and the peace of mind.
    First, Spurs are and have always been Pop's team. Saying that, everybody here has the same goald and it doesn't matter whose team it is. Tony is obviously one of the main piece and if you wnat to say it's his team, I have no issue with it."
    What is the date of Duncans quote?

I know in the OP you said the Frenchy mag comes out this Saturday, but do you know when Duncan is being interviewed here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's quote quite interesting:
    "Tony can now take over the game whenever he wants and he is likely the best PG in the league."
    Wow Manu, i guess Tony didn't want to take over the game vs OKC in 2016 playoffs. Nor vs Clippers in 2015 playoffs. Nor 2014, 13, 12, 11 10 9....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the date of Duncans quote?

I know in the OP you said the Frenchy mag comes out this Saturday, but do you know when Duncan is being interviewed here?
    If you bothered to read the thread, the entire discussion (until about 5 posts ago) occurred in 2013.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop interview:

I which areas do you think he can still improve?
    He is now able to win games for us on pick and roll and mid range jumpshots in the last minutes of the game. He still must improve his shot selection but it's mostly an improvement in his 3 point shot that could make the game even easier for us.
    Examples of this? FKLa and others can we get you busy breaking out the dvds snippets of all of Parkers "game winning pick n roll and midrangers" that won games for us?
    There must be soo many. Especially the playoff ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you bothered to read the thread, the entire discussion (until about 5 posts ago) occurred in 2013.
    No i didn't. It's a bump from 2013.
    Have the court clerk censure me please.

Thread Information