Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanting to play for the Lakers is one thing but wanting to play with the drama queen makes me think less of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if Kawhi would have wanted to play with Lebron... in SA?? Would he still be the drama queen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Kawhi just wants to play in LeBron's shadow ANYWHERE. Play basketball and let James monopolize the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if Kawhi would have wanted to play with Lebron... in SA?? Would he still be the drama queen?
    LeBron woudl still be that unless proven otherwise.

I believe Kawhi just wants to play in LeBron's shadow ANYWHERE. Play basketball and let James monopolize the media.

And up the team? Get his buddy to coach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no taking this back now. It is L.A. or nothing for this guy. He has to lie in the bed he has made. Also, I don't see his group compromising to sign with another team because that helps the Spurs and I think they are wanting to burn the bridges and damage San Antonio as much as they can on the way out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no taking this back now. It is L.A. or nothing for this guy. He has to lie in the bed he has made. Also, I don't see his group compromising to sign with another team because that helps the Spurs and I think they are wanting to burn the bridges and damage San Antonio as much as they can on the way out.
    What makes you think they want to hurt the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers....why are some of you STILL struggling to make this reality?? Accept it and moving on will be much easier for you..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t care what that prick wants. I only care about what we can get for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wants to play for the Lakers....why are some of you STILL struggling to make this reality?? Accept it and moving on will be much easier for you..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should do everything in our power to make sure Kawhi doesn't play for the Lakers this season. Let LeBron and Magic wait at least a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t care what that prick wants. I only care about what we can get for him.
    Exactly. I am a Spurs fan. In the future Kawhi will not cross my radar screen except for the games he plays against us. But I will continue to root for the Spurs, so I want the best return they can get... Period.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James has a ton more business savvy and marketing prowess than Kawhi and his uncle Dennis.

So he signs with Lakers and brings and entire posse of other players.

Leonard is a super star but doesn't really know how to play the game outside of basketball. He banks on uncle Dennis who likely is also a novice and knows next to nobody.

So now its looking like Leonard is just an additional role player in Lebron's team. Same way that Irving was in Cleveland. Just the guy who plays and takes over games when needed. I don't know if Leonard will be comfortable.

Anyway, situation is so bad with Leonard that Spurs might as well trade him and have him figure out really what he wants to do with his life.

David Robinson was right that Kawhi needs to grow up and take over his own situation. Right now, it's looking like he's in the same situation as Lonzo Ball. Where some other family guy is calling his shots! Imagine Lakers with both Lavar Ball and Uncle Dennis!! What a circus!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im talking to any fan that thinks there’s a chance kl stays with the Spurs... it’s getting ridiculous imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James has a ton more business savvy and marketing prowess than Kawhi and his uncle Dennis.

So he signs with Lakers and brings and entire posse of other players.

Leonard is a super star but doesn't really know how to play the game outside of basketball. He banks on uncle Dennis who likely is also a novice and knows next to nobody.

So now its looking like Leonard is just an additional role player in Lebron's team. Same way that Irving was in Cleveland. Just the guy who plays and takes over games when needed. I don't know if Leonard will be comfortable.

Anyway, situation is so bad with Leonard that Spurs might as well trade him and have him figure out really what he wants to do with his life.

David Robinson was right that Kawhi needs to grow up and take over his own situation. Right now, it's looking like he's in the same situation as Lonzo Ball. Where some other family guy is calling his shots! Imagine Lakers with both Lavar Ball and Uncle Dennis!! What a circus!
    LeBron's business savy does not see why he needs a good coach so it's rather weak. Anyone can tell you that going there means lot's of $$$.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP hates LeBron because he called Donny a bum, don't hide it, own it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if kawhi just demanded to be traded and didnt make it known that the lakers were his preference, he likely would have been traded by now.

by making such a narrow demand, he put the spurs in a spot where nobody is willing to give remotely equal value (nobody ever gets back equal value in superstar trades, anyway)... and so the spurs haven't had incentive to move him. even though i'm skeptical the lakers can put together an enticing offer even if they wanted to... they've been lowballing because they dont want to make the same mistake the knicks made when they traded for melo.

but now if kawhi rescinds the lakers-specific part of his demand, nobody would buy that for a second.

so now he's backed himself into a corner where he's basically going to have to sit out the year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still in the denial phase. I really want things to work out with Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think more people on this board would prefer we over Kawhi at any chance over trying to make the best move that will yield the best return to keep the team compe ive. Petty grudges > making most of a bad situation on ST, per par.

Also, at the thought of "rebuilding" in this era NBA because the Warriors are a once-in-a-lifetime team that built thru the draft and if you think citing the laughable fest that Philadelphia and the media tried sugar coating as a blue print, that's equally silly. This isn't the NFL or baseball, you can make your team compe ive and still get younger and transition your roster. We saw this with the team between the 99 and 03 les and the 07-14 les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Kawhi is always the best resolution. You know the accolades and a player like that does not come every year, much less in small market SA. Spurs will see him play in the Summer Camp and try to reconcile. None of them sitting out or fake injuries that would diminish his stock. If Spurs are convinced that he’s 100% they’ll offer him the SM. Hopefully Spurs will be very good coz that changes a lot. If then KLstill wants out, then trade him by October when other teams have seen him play healthy but by then all these hate has past an he’s willing to get Spurs equal value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think more people on this board would prefer we over Kawhi at any chance over trying to make the best move that will yield the best return to keep the team compe ive. Petty grudges > making most of a bad situation on ST, per par.

Also, at the thought of "rebuilding" in this era NBA because the Warriors are a once-in-a-lifetime team that built thru the draft and if you think citing the laughable fest that Philadelphia and the media tried sugar coating as a blue print, that's equally silly. This isn't the NFL or baseball, you can make your team compe ive and still get younger and transition your roster. We saw this with the team between the 99 and 03 les and the 07-14 les.
    Spurs had Tim Duncan that's why they were able to retool and get younger and still be a contender. This a superstar league you never win les without a superstar. The last team to win a le without a superstar was the '04 Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP hates LeBron because he called Donny a bum, don't hide it, own it..
    Look at my post history. I never liked Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014 Spurs was not a superstar team. Parker made the All-Star that year but you can’t really consider him Superstar. No disrespect to both HOF Tony and Manu. Only Ice, DRob and Duncan I will consider franchise Superstar, and of course Kawhi (but I consider KL more like a great beta without a Duncan leadership, not a franchise player to lead a team). Again 2014 Spurs beautiful game, without a real “superstar” brought down a dream team and send them packing, biggest accomplishment I’ve witnessed in sports tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the NFL or baseball, you can make your team compe ive and still get younger and transition your roster. We saw this with the team between the 99 and 03 les and the 07-14 les.
    Those teams had their cores intact. The Spurs core now is... thirty something LaMarcus Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi isn't getting traded. It's going to come down to a game of chicken. Kawhi needs to do the right thing and be the badass professional ballplayer he is. Otherwise there is no way he comes out of this on top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if kawhi just demanded to be traded and didnt make it known that the lakers were his preference, he likely would have been traded by now.

by making such a narrow demand, he put the spurs in a spot where nobody is willing to give remotely equal value (nobody ever gets back equal value in superstar trades, anyway)... and so the spurs haven't had incentive to move him. even though i'm skeptical the lakers can put together an enticing offer even if they wanted to... they've been lowballing because they dont want to make the same mistake the knicks made when they traded for melo.

but now if kawhi rescinds the lakers-specific part of his demand, nobody would buy that for a second.

so now he's backed himself into a corner where he's basically going to have to sit out the year
    LA can’t make the NY mistake; they already have Lebron. Giving up that “core” for Kawhi and LEBRON makes the NY mistake impossible.

Thread Information