Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are a classy organization. They won’t sue him or bench him. They’ll probably still retire his jersey, I would not after these BS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys are talking about suing him and sitting out all season. Its not going to get that far, they don't want the distraction. Its already been going on all last season, they will trade him somewhere. You guys are getting all worked up over the he will sit out quote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's an arbitration provision in the CBA that would short-circuit either party's attempt to go directly to court . . .
    One would think. NBA would definitely want control of that process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have also heard the owners have been trying for years to get rid of guaranteed contracts. The Kawhi situation helps their cause so I don't really see how they would be against the Spurs taking Kawhi to court.
    Not court but yes, giving the owners a reason to start pushing to increase the non-guaranteed portion of long term contracts is not in the players' interest. It will be interesting to see how much support he gets from the union now that this is about a holdout to force a trade. I'm sure he'll start getting some heat to end it and play out his current contract like every other player does, then enter free agency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll probably still retire his jersey, I would not after these BS.
    no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sitting hurts Kawhi worse IMHO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So just before 30 days can he suit up for a day and then start over? or is it 30 days total?

If it gets to that point, it will be the owners Kawhi will need to fear. They won't hold back going after him. If he wants to fake another injury, they will have a hard time finding a doc to support it, not to mention adding doubt to his longterm health

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are a classy organization. They won’t sue him or bench him. They’ll probably still retire his jersey, I would not after these BS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean even Bledsoe tweeted I don't want to be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Play out your final year and prove to the league that you are indeed 100%. Also usually good to keep options open. Paul George figured that out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He wants to go to LA and the Lakers want him no matter what. They would prefer him to be there now.

Sitting a year out also means he can’t get injured while playing and he doesn’t have to play in SA so in a messed up cowardly way they both still win.

As long as LA wants him and he wants to be there it doesn’t matter. He definitely will not want to help the Spurs get anything in return anyways.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another year away from nba compe ion hurts him more than anything at this point. He was on the cusp of putting it all together he wasn’t yet the established mvp mj was when he left. His game will most likely degrade after 2years off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wants to go to LA and the Lakers want him no matter what. They would prefer him to be there now.

Sitting a year out also means he can’t get injured while playing and he doesn’t have to play in SA so in a messed up cowardly way they both still win.

As long as LA wants him and he wants to be there it doesn’t matter. He definitely will not want to help the Spurs get anything in return anyways.
    you Cuban missile crisis, Bay of Pigs, Multiple wars/conflicts; your presidency was and Nixon, ing Nixon, had to clean up your ing got mess.

But yeah, you're also re ed when it comes to this situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't sitting another year, no elite athlete is going to waste 2 years of his peak on the sidelines(excluding the commissioner forcing it due to gambling debts that led to the murder of a certain father)..

Spurs should just wait it out, tbh.
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 07-02-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am the Spurs I am telling Kawhi you have two choices:

1. You come back and play out your confract.
    2. You agree to a sign and trade to Philly and agree to stay with them more then one year.

I will also say that if you sit out we will go all legal on your azz and try to get last years 19 mill u stole from us but also this years 19 mill you owe us. Also tell Uncle Fester we will be looking at filling tampering charges against him and Magic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS agenda clear... The whole media is giddy about lebron in LA... now SAS trying to muddy the waters saying Kawhi MIGHT sit out next season, according to SOME league execs... What a source! Smfh... Then the national media had headlines of Kawhi to sit out next season if not traded"... These guys are trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't sitting another year, no elite athlete is going to waste 2 years of his peak on the sidelines(excluding the commissioner forcing it due to gambling debts that led to the murder of a certain father)..

Spurs should just wait it out, tbh.
    Yeah, also what happens when James is tired of carrying a ty supporting cast and wants to trade the useless player aka Cap Flexibility come January? Teams are going to want to know you are back from your mystery injury which didn't require surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11.3 Withholding Services.

A player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season covered by his Player Contract shall be deemed not to have “complet[ed] his Player Contract by rendering the playing services called for thereunder.” Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be en led to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise.

if leonard feigns another injury, i would expect the spurs FO to consider legal action and possibly asking the NBA to initiate an investigation into possible collusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So just before 30 days can he suit up for a day and then start over? or is it 30 days total?

If it gets to that point, it will be the owners Kawhi will need to fear. They won't hold back going after him. If he wants to fake another injury, they will have a hard time finding a doc to support it, not to mention adding doubt to his longterm health
    I believe it means a total of 30 days withheld at any point(s) during the season. So if he waits more than 30 days before he shows up, he would be in irrevocable breach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I belive Spurs ticket holders can file lawsuits against him though not sure about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I belive Spurs ticket holders can file lawsuits against him though not sure about that?
    Didn't Heat fans file a lawsuit against Spurs for sitting everybody?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi claims an injury it looks like the Spurs have a right to engage "a neutral physician" to examine him and "prepare a written report of the
    player’s medical condition, . . ."

This is essentially an independent medical examination (IME) which is often used in lawsuits and arbitrations when there is a dispute as to a medical condition.

Presumably, if the IME indicated that Kawhi should play, he would not be able to miss more than 30 days during the season with that claimed injury:

Section 8. Injury Grievances.

(a) If a party to a dispute arising under paragraphs 7, 16(a)(iii), 16(b),
    or 16(c) of a Uniform Player Contract so elects, the NBA and the Players
    Association shall agree upon a neutral physician or (in the absence of such
    agreement) jointly request that the President of the American College of
    Orthopedic Surgeons (or such other similar organization as the NBA and
    the Players Association agree may be most appropriate to the issues in
    dispute) designate a physician who has no relationship with any party
    covered by this Agreement
    who shall, for purposes of the dispute, serve as
    an independent medical expert and consultant to the Grievance Arbitrator.
    Such independent medical expert shall conduct a physical examination of
    the player; review such medical records and reports relating to the player
    that bear on the issues in dispute; and prepare a written report of the
    player’s medical condition, which report shall address any specific medical
    questions submitted to the independent medical expert by joint agreement
    of the parties or by the Grievance Arbitrator. Any reports, opinions, or
    conclusions of the independent medical expert shall be provided in writing
    to the parties in advance of any hearing scheduled pursuant to Section 4
    above. The opinions and conclusions of the independent medical expert
    shall be accorded such weight as the Grievance Arbitrator deems
    appropriate. The fees and costs of the independent medical expert shall be
    borne equally by both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more we post the CBA clause, the likelier YGWHI sees it and points it out to Kawhi’s people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am the Spurs I am telling Kawhi you have two choices:

1. You come back and play out your confract.
    2. You agree to a sign and trade to Philly and agree to stay with them more then one year.

I will also say that if you sit out we will go all legal on your azz and try to get last years 19 mill u stole from us but also this years 19 mill you owe us. Also tell Uncle Fester we will be looking at filling tampering charges against him and Magic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information