Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably more explosive in terms of more shooters (forbe s and Mills) getting playing time but you lose other things he provides and which the team needs to be better, transition scoring, rebounding, switchability, defense, deflections, steals, faster pace and his development as a PG, allowing demar to rest some minutes and another ballhandler (which Mills and Forbes are poor). Spurs are definitely worse off without him, but since he's injured, got to wish for the best for everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow this thread turned into Demar vs. Kawhi

Kawhi is a key piece for a championship cause he's the best perimeter defender of all time and can shut down your best perimeter player. He's the only one who can really guard KD/LeBron. Pop always needed a player like this to win championships (Bruce Bowen). Demar is nowhere near that and that's really why Kawhi is the superior player. On offense Kawhi is stronger and is better when finishing through contact. Kawhi is also clutch, although he only proved that in 1 season (16/17). Derozan is the better passer. Where Kawhi is a iso-scorer with no court vision, Derozan knows how to find open shooters. That's why Derozan has way better chemistry with Lamarcus than Kawhi. So Demar is a better fit for the Spurs offense, but Kawhi's impact on defense is really more crucial and takes a team to contender status. There are not too many players who can shut down top-10 NBA players like he can and that is crucial in playoff series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks though, because If we wanted to build through kawhi we'd have to sell low on LMA replace his position, and get several young 3d guys to maximize the severely arachaic Kobe offense that kl wants to run. Much easier to build a lower cieling team around LMA.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't get it... They'll learn... Demar may be more flashy than Kawhi... But Kawhi is leagues better... Shoot dude IMO is third best in the league when healthy... Demar would never gain that level of brilliance
    Exactly

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truly groundbreaking stuff from K....

It is easier to build a team with a lower ceiling than it is to build a championship contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offense is far better this year without Murray and actually without Leonard. Mills is a swinging gate on D, and Forbes is trying but he doesn't have the tools to do what Murray can do. If defense wins championships this team is in trouble come playoff time...but they're sure fun to watch. Seeing Mills and Forbes out there is crunch time still makes me cringe though.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offense is far better this year without Murray and actually without Leonard. Mills is a swinging gate on D, and Forbes is trying but he doesn't have the tools to do what Murray can do. If defense wins championships this team is in trouble come playoff time...but they're sure fun to watch. Seeing Mills and Forbes out there is crunch time still makes me cringe though.
    That's exactly what PATFO were aiming for. They don't give a about winning playoff games. Gregg is gone in 2 years. Their goal is to be a fringe playoff team and play cute basketball that will put asses to seats. No different than the Melo Nuggets of back in the day.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and the team would be much better with murray...not only would they be faster and better defensively, but he has improved his jumper...u are judging murray last year on a team that didnt have LMA to a team this year that barely won over a trash ass laker team, and a dysfunctional wolves team WHILE having Demar and Jacob (which murray didnt have last year)...forbes scoring 15 in an early overtime regular season game doesnt make up for the points his absolute horrid defense causes...not only the points his man scores, but the points created by his missed reads and other players having to help him on defense which leads to the opposite team finding an open guy...we were able to be a top defensive team last year with murray as our best defender...that speaks volumes...also it i important that your non- bigs be able to rebound as well as murray does because bigs are usually drawn away from the basket in this NBA, so it puts pressure on the rest of the team to rebound...i trust murray MUCH more in a playoff series than forbes...forbes has reached his ceiling
    You need to learn some reading comprehension before you pogo stick all over your keyboard trying to ride Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't get it... They'll learn... Demar may be more flashy than Kawhi... But Kawhi is leagues better... Shoot dude IMO is third best in the league when healthy... Demar would never gain that level of brilliance
    2nd and honestly only Giannis can overtake him

Thread Information