My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Los Angeles Clippers expect Chris Paul to demand the full five-year max this offseason in free agency.

Paul turns 32 in May and his new five-year deal would take him well past 35.

Paul has so far defied age related regression and has remained incredibly healthy.

Mike Conley signed a record five-year, $153 million max contract this past offseason that Paul will comfortably break even if the cap projection comes in on the low end.

Someone said, $193 million/5 yrs. Damn, this is a tough decision tbh. CP3's game is timeless but if they can't win this year, do you bring him back or lose one of the best player in your franchise...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    lol paying paul damn near 40 million a year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    $193 million/5 yrs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFO

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If that happens, I'm done with this team for the next five years. I still think that this got will choke again, blame everyone else for his failure per par, and go try to ring-chase on another sucker franchise, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow..that Money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better not even look his way this offseason tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better not even look his way this offseason tbh.
    Yup.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only way he leaves if GM LeBron calls and offers Kyrie....
    Otherwise he will take the near 200 million cuz he won't turn down Doc but if Kyrie will replace him..he won't feel guilty for joining his banana boat buddy ...also calling love for Melo if cavs don't repeat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    honestly, I think cp3 is a lock to retire as a clipper. he meant so much to that franchise, they became respectable and marketable in his tenure. with the sheer number of nobodies getting ridiculous deals, overpaying for a perennial all star/superstar may not be too bad a deal.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is responsible for almost all of the playoff "success" (using that term lightly) in that franchise's history. Of course they're going to max him out. His jersey will hang in those rafters someday.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CP3 is responsible for almost all of the playoff "success" (using that term lightly) in that franchise's history.
    Sam Cassell and Elton Brand led this franchise closer to the WCF than Choke Paul ever has or ever will. That team was only two horrible coaching blunders by Dumbleavy (leaving Cassell on the bench down the stretch of Game 3, putting in Daniel Ewing to guard Raja Bell in Game 5) away from the conference finals. The closest Choke Paul got was his massive chokejob against Houston.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The closest Choke Paul got was his massive chokejob against Houston.
    Blake single handily beat the Rockets before Choke-P returned & took the ball out of his hands only to get butt ed by JET/Prigioni.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The NBA’s 36-and-over rule that prohibits players from signing a five-year maximum contract if their 36th birthday falls during the life of the deal has changed to a 38-and-under rule, league sources said. Under this change, Paul, a perennial All-Star, is eligible for a five-year, $207 million deal to stay with Los Angeles this summer.

Guys, this is insane tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If that happens, I'm done with this team for the next five years. I still think that this got will choke again, blame everyone else for his failure per par, and go try to ring-chase on another sucker franchise, though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CP3 is responsible for almost all of the playoff "success" (using that term lightly) in that franchise's history. Of course they're going to max him out. His jersey will hang in those rafters someday.
    Clippers don't get their jerseys hung in a Lakers building.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Clippers gonna throw the max at this guy. Cripper Nation gonna throw himself off a parking garage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clipper Nation

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see the meltdown upstairs when PATFO overpays Choke Paul this summer after his upcoming playoff choke.

Thread Information