Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been a member here for going on 11 years or so. I never post because the Spurs are always on the right course even if they stumble like 2010.

I've been posting the most this season because the train is finally off the rails.

The lowest point of my entire Spurs fandom was not 6 or .4 or 2006 or any of those because sometimes the dice don't go your way and I'm completely cool with that, it takes a lot of luck to win a trophy sometimes.

The lowest point was last night around the 3rd quarter when Cook casually waltzed up to the 3 point line and drained a pull up three that didn't touch anything but the bottom of the net and broke the back of any potential Spurs comeback.

This was the lowest point because Cook is a ing G-leaguer they brought on at the end of the season and he's showcasing all of the skills that are necessary in the modern NBA and has clearly been coached to understand the modern game of basketball.

Meanwhile we roll out 3-4 guys at any given time that cant hit the ing broad side of a barn, create any space, or play with any sense of pace and all they do is take and miss contested 2 pt shots and in the case of last night 3's. The entire roster is ed. At least after 2010 we could just retool a little and be back in it the following years. This is going to be a loooong process, our roster is built to play 1980's basketball. WHO THE built this stupid thing? Heads need to roll. Even with Kwahi this whole team is ed. It plays an antiquated brand of basketball, it's made up of personnel that have no business being on an NBA court and the best hope we've got is the 18th pick this year.

I think it's over for a long time unless the FO figures out how to evaluate talent for the league in 2018 and not 1988.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prisoner of the moment reaction. Scrubs are going to look good on the Warriors because they are always going to be wide open due to the attention Klay,Durant, Curry attracts granted Curry didn't play last night. Also a scrub on the Warriors doesn't have pressure to hit shots knowing the Warriors 3 stars in Klay,Durant, Curry can easily erase and cover their mistakes. Re ed post I have to say.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bright minds think alike. Unfortunately for the Spurs, the only bright mind in the room is Nick Kerr.

Spurs need to jump on Quinn Cook. He's better than any white American player Buford jacks off too.

Would easily be our Day 1 starting PG, which says a lot about it.
    Quinn Cook is going to get claimed soon. Hope it ain't by GS, HOU, or OKC who are all light years ahead of RC Drunkford
    I would've ditched that loser Green 3 years ago as well. Everyone went against me because some stats made by neckbeard virgins said he was good...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This same exact team minus a few role players (Simmons, Ded, Lee) went to WCF and were up 30 until Kawhi went down. Losing your best player that is a top 3 MVP candadite will do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This same exact team minus a few role players (Simmons, Ded, Lee) went to WCF and were up 30 until Kawhi went down. Losing your best player that is a top 3 MVP candadite will do that.
    So will the entire team forgetting how to shoot over the last year

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People will hold on to that Game 1 lead until they die

Reminds me of Green fluffers holding on to 2013

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was less washed last year.
    Tony wasn't done and could hit the 3.
    Kawhi was Kawhi and a top shooter in the league.
    Simms, Dedmon, and Lee were excellent backups who provided several needed skills.
    Murray was not getting major minutes.

This is not the same team as 2017. Yes, some of the names are the same, but they're not playing the same game they were playing last year. The roster is poorly constructed, relying on players who can't create, shoot, or are too old to do it efficiently.

Stop making excuses, fluffers. It's okay to admit that everyone on this roster with the exception of the top 2 (and Gay for stretches) players absolutely stink...Really. It's okay, and doesn't make you a bad fan to admit it. Some of us like TheGreatYacht, NASpurs, and sasaint saw this coming before free agency, and long before Kawhi first sat out that open scrimmage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"All we need is Kawhi to carry these scrubs on his quad to win the le! "

"All Danny needs is Kawhi back to give him 20 feet of space to shoot instead of the 10 feet he already gets because no one respects his broken jumper anymore! "

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bright minds think alike
    Mental patients don't have bright minds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC Weird thought he was going to reinvent the wheel by only drafting guys that cant shoot a rock into riverwalk.

LMA is doubled, the balls travels around finally to the open man, who is always Fatso, who is wide open. He waits for his defender to get to him, pump fakes, dribbles into the lane and is too scared to do his ty floater, so he dribbles back to the 3 point line desperate for help and passes it to Mills, who is too fat to lose his man and ends up dribbling into his own foot, fumbling the ball. That's the play that was most repeated yesterday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP dropping more truth bombs than fell on Dresden tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH the lowest point I felt when it came to humiliation as a Spurs fan was the '01 Lakers sweep. That was very painful to go through. This does not compare to the embarrassment of the '01 series considering the Spurs were the favorites to win that series. Also the national media clowned the Spurs for weeks after that series by calling them soft and calling both Drob and Duncan weak willed.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i was disappointed in the roster before the season even started. wasn’t hard to see how things were gonna end up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All we needs is 2013 Danny Green to show up again.

All we need is one good qtr from 40 yo Manu

To me the lowest post of THIS season is the thread wishing we had Matt Bonner on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, what is with the psychology of people who keep referencing a ing half of basketball from a year ago. It's not like it was a game or multiple games, let alone the entire series. It was 24 minutes of basketball. Yet, that's somehow a proper data set?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prisoner of the moment reaction. Scrubs are going to look good on the Warriors because they are always going to be wide open due to the attention Klay,Durant, Curry attracts granted Curry didn't play last night. Also a scrub on the Warriors doesn't have pressure to hit shots knowing the Warriors 3 stars in Klay,Durant, Curry can easily erase and cover their mistakes. Re ed post I have to say.
    Cook has actually been horrible in this series

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those three players were legit NBA players we replaced them with a bunch of Scrubs Forbes, Joffrey, Anderson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC Weird thought he was going to reinvent the wheel by only drafting guys that cant shoot a rock into riverwalk.

LMA is doubled, the balls travels around finally to the open man, who is always Fatso, who is wide open. He waits for his defender to get to him, pump fakes, dribbles into the lane and is too scared to do his ty floater, so he dribbles back to the 3 point line desperate for help and passes it to Mills, who is too fat to lose his man and ends up dribbling into his own foot, fumbling the ball. That's the play that was most repeated yesterday
    You forgot he passes ball to wide open Anderson who thinks about shooting then with 5 seconds left on the clock he passes the ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cook has actually been horrible in this series
    Yeah I know that's why I thought the OP overreacted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowest point for me if having to think about that er Durant who had been letting me down for like a decade now in New and surprising ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its just basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think not having Pop on the sidelines plus having that huge tragedy before the game kind of broke their spirits. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in this series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the worst thing about this is it was all about KAWHI, as it became clear to anyone, and people continue to act like it was because of the team, the same team that failed to hold a 20-point lead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were never going to win a game in this series without KL. Lets be honest. Golden State can put up 100 points in their sleep and the Spurs on a good shooting night can't crack that number. Its like Miami in 2014, they just couldnt keep up with our scorers.

If we can't figure out KL next year and replace Forbs and Anderson with decent shooters, we will likely lose more games and probably not make the playoffs. It has to happen eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is so thoroughly mediocre, and there is no way to get significantly better with all those terrible contracts, no good draft picks, and no realistic shot to get a prime free agent here. Spurs are about to turn into the PHX suns I'm afraid. The Kawhi turmoil and Pop's spouse passing and his impending inevitable retirement impart a great deal of uncertainty for the first time in decades. The low point is going to get a LOT lower man.

Thread Information