Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2178
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do not need another center.

Grant can be a SF. He just needs to work on his speed. Otherwise, all the skills are there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grant can be a SF. He just needs to work on his speed. Otherwise, all the skills are there.
    I really think we need another PF or C, all teams are not playing small ball. Gay or Bertans have some difficulties against Denver who plays With Two bigs.

I agree that we don’t need 5-6 bigs like in the past but a minimum of 3-4 guys. I also think we need a good defender, energetic big who can block shots, clean the boards..

imo the needs are a 4-5 and a SF.

For Williams, i like him but teaching speed is very difficult. He will be a small PF in the NBA imo. That’s Not our need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think we need another PF or C, all teams are not playing small ball. Gay or Bertans have some difficulties against Denver who plays With Two bigs.

I agree that we don’t need 5-6 bigs like in the past but a minimum of 3-4 guys. I also think we need a good defender, energetic big who can block shots, clean the boards..

imo the needs are a 4-5 and a SF.

For Williams, i like him but teaching speed is very difficult. He will be a small PF in the NBA imo. That’s Not our need.
    That would be Poeltl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be Poeltl.

He is not what i called an energetic big. Off course he can block shots and take rebounds.

But what i think is that we need another big To go alongside poetl and aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not what i called an energetic big. Off course he can block shots and take rebounds.

But what i think is that we need another big To go alongside poetl and aldridge.
    What makes a big "energetic"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I wish there was some way to move up in the second round draft a couple of long term projects I think would pay off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders:
    Mock Drafts
    NBA Daily: 60-Pick NBA Mock Draft – 4/23/19

The annual Portsmouth Invitational is in the books, and the bulk of the early entry candidates have declared for the 2019 NBA Draft. Steve Kyler takes another look at all 60-picks in his latest NBA Mock Draft.
    Steve Kyler
    Rui and Goga is pipe dreamish but that would be a fantastic draft.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS Sports: 2019 NBA Draft Top 100 Big Board: A look at the biggest risers and fallers after the declaration deadline
    Who's moving up and down the Top 100 Big Board of NBA Draft prospects

Kyle Boone mugshot
    by Kyle Boone Kyle__Boone 4 hrs ago [AKA 23 April 2019]

NOT TEAM DEPENDENT

Key Fallers .... No. 19 Romeo Langford | Indiana | Fr | SG | 6-6 | 215
    Previous: No. 17

Langford is the archetypal NBA wing with his 6-6 frame and near-7-foot-wingspan, but beyond the physical profile, he still faces questions about his game. His shooting form -- the rearback fling that flies from above his head -- almost certainly will need to be overhauled. His off-ball game and how he functions as a true wing also shows he lacks the desirable instincts you expect from a blue-chipper like him. He rates out favorably as a pick-and-roll ball handler and as a finisher around the rim, though, and his touch is translatable. Langford just seems to be longer-away-than-expected from being ready to make significant contributions as a scorer in the NBA, and if he does, it might be in a similarly inefficient manner like his lone season at Indiana.
    29 Admiral Schofield Tennessee Sr SG 6-6 241
    49 Charles Bassey W. Kentucky Fr C 6-11 245

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t see Rui Hachimura lasting until 19, but that is me. Besides Okeke who has seemed to fall and likely could be had with 29, I hope Rui is the main guy they get. Even if that means trading up and only coming away with him in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I wish there was some way to move up in the second round draft a couple of long term projects I think would pay off
    How many roster spots do you think we will have open next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We currently have 2 and they play together, another center is fine especially if its Goga

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about that honestly.

Locks for minutes (and lets assume starting lineup): Murray/White/DeRozan/?/LMA
    Locks for minutes (and lets assume bench lineup): Mills/Lonnie, Forbes or Beli/Bertans/Rudy/Jakob

By just cutting Beli out there is definitely room for a SF/PF and someone like Morris/Ariza/Carroll could walk into a starting role. I can see Mills getting minutes reduced by Forbes/Murray. Likewise Beli for Lonnie.

I think Cunningham and Pondexter are gone. It’s possible Rudy is gone, but I think he stays if sa operates over the cap, maybe another one year deal.

But we may see a trade of Beli, Forbes or Mills and even if not, I can see Beli being cut out of the rotation unless Lonnie really doesn't impress in training camp.
    I think the starting lineup will be the same, while swapping out White for Murray.

SL-Murray, Forbes, DDR, LMA, Poeltl
    Bench-Mills, White, Bertans, & Gay
    3rd String-Belinelli, Walker, 1st rounder, Metu, Milutinov?

That's a pretty tight rotation, Spurs really don't need to add another player into the mix.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many roster spots do you think we will have open next year?
    second round pick looking at draft an stash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    second round pick looking at draft an stash
    Oh, your post made it sound like you wanted another pick. The reality is that both of the picks after #20 will likely be long term projects.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure about that honestly.

Locks for minutes (and lets assume starting lineup): Murray/White/DeRozan/?/LMA
    Locks for minutes (and lets assume bench lineup): Mills/Lonnie, Forbes or Beli/Bertans/Rudy/Jakob

By just cutting Beli out there is definitely room for a SF/PF and someone like Morris/Ariza/Carroll could walk into a starting role. I can see Mills getting minutes reduced by Forbes/Murray. Likewise Beli for Lonnie.

I think Cunningham and Pondexter are gone. It’s possible Rudy is gone, but I think he stays if sa operates over the cap, maybe another one year deal.

But we may see a trade of Beli, Forbes or Mills and even if not, I can see Beli being cut out of the rotation unless Lonnie really doesn't impress in training camp.
    Mills is a lock. Belinelli may have to compete with Walker, but he'll have the inside track and I doubt they'd want to further block Walker by signing a veteran to compete with him. Whoever the Cunningham replacement is, will more so be Gay and Bertans insurance and utilized in certain matchups.

No chance the Spurs would sign a Morris and none of him, Ariza or Carroll are passing up the opportunity to either start or be the 6th man on a team like the Rockets, so that they can compete with Belinelli for a rotation spot.

I doubt Belinelli gets pushed out anyway. He made no sense the moment they signed him; it's not like something has changed. Also, they rarely push established rotation players, at least in or still close to their prime, out.

Can't see Gay not being re-signed to a 2 year (maybe partial guarantee on the 3rd) deal. Lose him and they'd only have the MLE with which to replace him. That's not enough to net a worthwhile replacement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes a big "energetic"?
    Maybe the Word is "athletic " big who can Protect the rim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get that logic tbh, having two productive youngish bigs is better than one tbh. Milutinov's numbers suggest he is a great finisher and rebounder, especially offensively, and a decent FT shooter to boot.

LMA is a FA after next season and will be 35, Milutinov is about 9 years younger. He may end up being Jakob's backup going forward, after next season depending on what happens with Aldridge.
    You don't need a Jacob backup of the same breed in the rotation, that type of player is very limited player and not worth more than 25mpg in any place in today game, signing Milutinov would be fine only for the minimum as injury insurance for Jacob...
    Last edited by kobyz; 04-24-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching us get our ass kicked by Denver big men I want Nikola to be brought over even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Sir Charles in Charge: NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Lakers jump into the top 3; De’Andre Hunter enters top 5
    by Michael Saenz 8 hours ago [AKA 24 April 2019]

Bol Bol
    C Oregon
    San Antonio Spurs

The San Antonio Spurs, perhaps somewhat off brand, have been one of the most interesting teams over the last few weeks. But no matter what happens in the remainder of the playoffs, this team will have plenty of questions to answer during the summer. They need a new direction and have to hit a home run in the NBA Draft.
    00:06 / 00:15
    SKIP AD

At No. 19, that could be hard. However, with the most interesting prospect still on the board, I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see the Spurs take a big swing here. Bol Bol has an extremely high ceiling and is a player unlike we’ve ever seen before. However, his big injury will probably prevent him from being a top 10 or 5 pick.

Nevertheless, Bol has top 10 talent and could potentially be a big steal for any team that takes the ultimate risk on him late in the first round. San Antonio is one of those teams that could take the risk while also not really getting blamed if he turns out to be a complete bust. It’s a healthy risk for the Spurs to take here.
    Jontay Porter
    F Missouri
    San Antonio Spurs

Jontay Porter is another interesting prospect that, if healthy, would be selected a whole lot higher than late in the first-round. He’s also mostly known for being Michael Porter Jr’s brother. Unfortunately, he lost his sop re season at Missouri after tearing his ACL at the beginning of the season.
    00:05 / 00:15
    SKIP AD

He’s such a Spurs pick here late in the first round where he could take his time to continue to recover from his knee injury and potentially be placed in the best position where he could succeed. Gregg Popovich won’t rush him back, and he would develop him in the Spurs system.

When healthy, Porter averaged 10 points and seven rebounds on 44 percent shooting from the field on 36 percent from 3-point range during his freshman season at Missouri. However, he’s been so out of the limelight that his draft stock will no question suffer. Tell me this isn’t such a Spurs pick, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Mock Draft 2019: Updated 1st-Round Predictions, Analysis for Top Prospects
    Maurice Bobb
    April 24, 2019

Draft order is wonky

20. San Antonio Spurs: Grant Williams, PF, Tennesse
    29. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto): Luguentz Dort, SG, Arizona State

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R.I.P. to making it past the 1st round if that's our Team next year. Spurs gotta make a move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thybulle is boarder line nba player, he's exactly same player as Adam Hanga, so no point in drafting him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Word is "athletic " big who can Protect the rim
    ?? Poeltl can do that quite well. Follow the link and see that he allows a VERY low FG%, and defends a decent number of shots at the rim per game, considering his minutes are low.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...s_this_season/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone trade Milutinov to 76ers for their 2 2nd round picks? Boban is a UFA, so Philly could get younger and cheaper big to back up Embiid for multiple years. There are going to be some players who are going to drop into that area, potentially Schofield, Louis King.

Also, would anyone think of drafting Kabenjele from FSU with 29? He's Mutumbo's nephew, led FSU in scoring coming off the bench. 6'10 235. Rim protecter, has some moves on the low block, can shoot the 3, very athletic, needs to learn to not commit stupid fouls. No one has a consensus on where he will go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone trade Milutinov to 76ers for their 2 2nd round picks? Boban is a UFA, so Philly could get younger and cheaper big to back up Embiid for multiple years. There are going to be some players who are going to drop into that area, potentially Schofield, Louis King.

Also, would anyone think of drafting Kabenjele from FSU with 29? He's Mutumbo's nephew, led FSU in scoring coming off the bench. 6'10 235. Rim protecter, has some moves on the low block, can shoot the 3, very athletic, needs to learn to not commit stupid fouls. No one has a consensus on where he will go.
    So, you want 5 draft picks?

Thread Information