Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2178
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a very nice draft imo
    Yep. Only pick I don't approve of is #49. I'd be looking at King, Hoard, McDaniels, Hoard, and Zoosman (and N'doye if he stays in).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing about this draft is it's going to be so crazy on draft night. The first 3 picks are pretty known, but after that, there are all kinds of opinions on who's going to pan out. Obviously, then, team choices are going to be strongly influenced by their interviews with the prospects (which, of course, they are very close-mouthed about).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Only pick I don't approve of is #49. I'd be looking at King, Hoard, McDaniels, Hoard, and Zoosman (and N'doye if he stays in).
    Ah i didn't saw the 49.... yes i'm ok with your choices
    Last edited by duncan2150; 06-03-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing about this draft is it's going to be so crazy on draft night. The first 3 picks are pretty known, but after that, there are all kinds of opinions on who's going to pan out. Obviously, then, team choices are going to be strongly influenced by their interviews with the prospects (which, of course, they are very close-mouthed about).
    That's true, and then let's not forget about all the trades that could potentially happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love if the Spurs trade up in the 2nd round into the early 30s. I think they could get some good prospects at that spot like Okeke or Jontay Porter. They should also look to add 1-2 undrafted defenders for training camp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be super bummed if the spurs picked any of the following: goga/Fernando/grant Williams/ty Jerome/herro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be super bummed if the spurs picked any of the following: goga/Fernando/grant Williams/ty Jerome/herro
    same here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could suck to be you. If Goga falls to 19 (never mind 29), I can see PATFO's eyes lighting up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m on the fence, I just want the spurs to add some good young talent. Grant, Jerome, and Goga do scream spurs type picks tho lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to get taller and more athletic and guys need to be able to dribble the damn ball without turning it over all the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darren Wolfson: Former #Gophers draft updates: Jordan Murphy has workouts this week with the Nets and his hometown Spurs. The latter, I bet, will be very cool for him. Amir Coffey works out for the Hornets tomorrow. They publicly announced that.

Pete Christy: Matt Mooney tells me he Is on his way to San Antonio to workout for the Spurs.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ringer: Mock Draft
    Update 6.4

1 9
    GOGA BITADZE Big KK Mega Bemax / Georgia

PTS 12.1 18.4 per 36
    REB 6.4 9.7 per 36
    AST 1.2 1.8 per 36
    EFG% 57.5 93 FGA
    STL 0.5 0.7 per 36
    BLK 2.3 3.5 per 36
    3PT% 31.3 16 3PA
    FT% 71.4 70 FTA

Main Selling Point Two-way upside
    Age19.9
    Height/Weight6'11''/250
    Wingspan7'2''
    Standing ReachN/A

Strong-bodied center with a versatile offensive skill set, but needs his feet to catch up with his mind on defense.
    Shades Of: Jusuf Nurkic, Shot-Blocking Enes Kanter, Kyle O’Quinn
    PLUSES

Skilled interior scorer off of cuts and in the pick-and-roll. He’s a fluid ball handler and ambidextrous finisher with touch on floaters and layups.
    Bitadze is the best screener in this draft class; excels at the little things that young bigs often struggle with, like dribble handoffs and high-low passes.
    Capable of attacking off the dribble, which suggests long-term potential attacking closeouts, developing advanced post moves, and—hopefully—shooting.
    Projects as a positive spot-up shooter; he has the touch and smooth, consistent mechanics to continue to extend his range beyond the NBA 3-point line.
    Good passing vision, especially on the short roll, locating and accurately delivering the ball to shooters and cutters.
    Smart and compe ive defender who understands proper positioning and fundamentals; he’s long, and has the potential to effectively drop in pick-and-roll coverages.
    Engaged off-ball defender who rotates well to alter shots or close out, though his lateral mobility must improve.
    Hard-nosed rebounder who chases boards out of his area and boxes out.

MINUSES

Moves laterally like he has sandbags around his ankles; he currently struggles to stay in front of quicker forwards and is hopeless when switching against guards and wings.
    Needs to be perfect fundamentally to thrive defensively since he’s so slow-footed; he’ll need to develop as a drop pick-and-roll defender like Jusuf Nurkic.
    Gets into foul trouble because he leaps at pump fakes and gets too handsy on the perimeter when he’s a beat late due to his slow feet.
    Lacks explosiveness, which hinders his finishing against larger players and limits his rim-protection upside.
    Emotional player; got visibly frustrated in past seasons, though he’s gotten better at controlling his temper and not letting adversity impact his performance.
    2 9
    TY JEROME Guard Virginia, junior

PTS 13.6 16.0 per 40
    REB 4.2 5.0 per 40
    AST 5.5 6.4 per 40
    EFG% 53.2 409 FGA
    STL 1.5 1.8 per 40
    BLK 0.0 0.0 per 40
    3PT% 39.9 198 3PA
    FT% 73.6 91 FTA

Main Selling Point Playmaking
    Age21.9
    Height/Weight6'5.5''/194
    Wingspan6'4''
    Standing Reach8'2''

Talented playmaker and shooter who moves at 3G, but his mind calculates actions on the floor at 5G.
    Shades Of: Taller Jose Calderon, Malcolm Brogdon, Greivis Vasquez
    PLUSES

Smooth 3-point shooter with a knack for relocating off the ball after making a pass, and the ability to hit shots off of screens and handoffs. He’s equally potent taking one- or two-dribble pull-ups.
    Intuitive passer with touch and vision to throw strikes off the dribble to rollers, cutters, and shooters. Can already run pick-and-roll at an NBA level.Intuitive passer with touch and vision to throw strikes off the dribble to rollers, cutters, and shooters. Can already run pick-and-roll at an NBA level.
    He gets where he needs to on the floor with exceptional footwork, deceptive ball fakes, and his ability to look off defenders.
    Unselfish teammate who keeps the ball moving and knows how to execute plays. He plays hard, crashes the boards, and boxes out.
    Competes hard defending man-to-man, plays with good fundamentals, and anticipates where opponents want to go.
    He’s not a lockdown defender, but he can be a vital part of a cohesive defensive unit. He communicates, focuses off the ball, and is almost always in the right position.

MINUSES

Overcoming his athletic limitations is no guarantee at the next level. He will struggle to generate space in certain matchups, limiting his upside to that of a high-end role player.
    Subpar below-the-rim finisher who tends to settle for floaters since he lacks the burst to get all the way to the basket.
    With a somewhat low shooting release point, he’d benefit from increasing the speed of his gather to launch the ball quicker.
    San Antonio Spurs
    4 9
    Naz Reid Big LSU, freshman

PTS 13.6 20.0 per 40
    REB 7.2 10.6 per 40
    AST 0.9 1.3 per 40
    EFG% 50.7 365 FGA
    STL 0.7 1.1 per 40
    BLK 0.7 1.0 per 40
    3PT% 33.3 84 3PA
    FT% 72.7 128 FTA

Main Selling Point Size and shooting
    Age19.8
    Height/Weight6'9.5''/256
    Wingspan7'3.25''
    Standing Reach9'1''

Fits the blueprint of a modern big with his shooting ability and effort level, but his lack of athleticism could hold him back.
    Shades Of: Andray Blatche, Troy Murphy, Jared Sullinger
    PLUSES

Ambidextrous finisher around the rim who uses his long arms to extend for layups; he also displays a feel for cutting and consistently hustles in transition.
    Capable of scoring off the bounce after attacking closeouts and dives out of the pick-and-roll with floaters and touch finishes in the paint.
    He’s a flat-footed shooter, though his soft touch suggests potential room for significant improvement from 3 and the line.
    Good ball handler for his size who’s a threat to shoot off the dribble. He’s fluid when transitioning into pull-up and stepback jumpers, or taking the ball to the rim.
    Has a nose for the ball on rebounds, especially on the offensive boards, where he often chases his own misses.

MINUSES

Lack of speed on the post and subpar verticality limits his scoring upside near the rim; he could overpower smaller college defenders, but NBA size will be a challenge.
    His guardlike habits can be friend or foe; he’s a shaky decision-maker who dribbles into crowds and forces a contested shot. He needs to focus more on making simple plays.
    Not explosive, which limits his shot-blocking and overall rim-protection potential.
    You can’t knock the hustle, but he’s sluggish moving laterally on the perimeter despite his efforts; switching onto guards could be problematic and he could fall into foul trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Big Lead: NBA: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: An Unpredictable First Round Outside the Top Three Leads to Some Surprises
    By: Liam McKeone | 4 hours ago [AKA 4 June 2019]

19. San Antonio Spurs: Rui Hachimura, F, Gonzaga

Similar to the Pacers, the Spurs will double down what they do best with another international player with Hachimura. He’s a great scorer in the paint and in the mid-range, and is also a quality athlete with good size and length, which bodes well for his defensive potential. The Spurs need someone to fill that forward spot next to LaMarcus Aldridge, and Hachimura’s defensive versatility will come in handy in that regard. Learning from the game’s premiere mid-range scorers isn’t too bad, either.

Hachimura’s ceiling is dependent on the development of his shot, but he’d prove to be a good complement to the current roster and gives a similar infusion of youthful talent the backcourt already has.
    29. San Antonio Spurs: Cameron Johnson, North Carolina

The Spurs need shooters in some way, shape, or form, and Johnson fits the bill. He shot 45% from beyond the arc on nearly six attempts a game, and his height and length means he can shoot over just about everybody. While he’s on the older side for the draft at 23, his seasons at UNC showed he was willing to come into a situation, play a side part for the main act, and do so happily, which will obviously fit with the culture in San Antonio. His hip procedure last year is concerning, and so is his lack of fluidity on defense as a result of that procedure.

But the Spurs need a guy who can step in, provide spacing, and stay within the system otherwise, and Johnson will do that. He’s a natural fit in San Antonio, and if he can become an elite shooter, it’ll be a boon for Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan, and makes him a good partner for Hachimura.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Draft: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Predictions for Most Intriguing Prospects
    Zach Buckley
    June 4, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs: Brandon Clarke, PF/C, Gonzaga
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors): KZ Okpala, SF/PF, Stanford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theScore: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Zion taking over the Big Easy
    Wael Saghir, John Chick
    2h ago [AKA 4 June 2019]

19. Spurs - Bol Bol, C, Oregon
    Icon Sportswire / Icon Sportswire / Getty

It's become impossible to project the correct destination for Bol, as the Oregon center could go anywhere from a late lottery pick to early in the second round.

At 7-foot-2, Bol may be the best shooter in the draft while providing elite rim-protection thanks to his ridiculous length. However, his struggles with balance, his 208-pound frame, and a broken foot that kept him out for all but nine games are absolute draft stock killers.
    29. Spurs (via Raptors) - Chuma Okeke, F, Auburn

Spurs receive Raptors' top-20 protected first-round pick

Okeke's performance against North Carolina in the NCAA Tournament stood out as one of the most impressive before he suffered a season-ending ACL tear. The good news is that the forward did enough to impress with his two-way play, averaging 1.8 steals and 1.2 blocks while connecting on 38.7 percent from deep last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston Sports Extra: NBA Mock Draft 2019: Zion Williamson, Ja Morant and what might happen if the Boston Celtics traded up?

Posted by Bossportsextra | Jun 4, 2019 |

19. San Antonio Spurs: Goga Bitadze, Georgia. Bitadze very well might not slip this far — he seems to be rising up draft boards with his 3-point shooting and passing as a 7-footer — but he would be a perfect fit within San Antonio’s system.
    29. San Antonio Spurs: KZ Okpala, Stanford. Somehow, the Spurs pick up Bitadze and Okpala in the same mock draft here. Okpala struggled as the season went on at Stanford, but he showed flashes of lottery potential with his size, athleticism and ability to score in a variety of ways. San Antonio feels like the perfect place to maximize him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston shopping Clint Capela, spurs should trade Mills, Jacob and #19 for him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: 2019 NBA Consensus Mock Draft – Ver 5.0
    Each week, four of Basketball Insiders’ experts take a look at the draft class and weigh in on what they are seeing and hearing in the march up to the 2019 NBA Draft.
    Basketball Insiders
    Published 4 hours ago
    on June 5, 2019
    By Basketball Insiders

Drew Maresca
    19) Nickeil Alexander Walker
    29) Daniel Gafford

Jesse Blancarte
    19) Keldon Johnson
    29) Luguentz Dort

Spencer Davies
    19) Cameron Johnson
    29) Goga Bitadze

Steve Kyler
    19) Mfiondu Kabengele
    29) Matisse Thybulle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Mock Draft 2019: 1st-Round Predictions and Elite Prospects Breakdown
    Maurice Bobb
    June 5, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs: Keldon Johnson, SG/SF, Kentucky
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors): Luka Samanic, F, Olimpija

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports:
    2019 NBA mock draft: Sixers take young wing known for intensity
    By Noah Levick
    10 hours ago [AKA 4/5 June 2019]

19. San Antonio Spurs

Rui Hachimura – F – Gonzaga

The 21-year-old Hachimura made massive improvements during his three seasons at Gonzaga, with his scoring averages moving from 2.6 to 11.6 to 19.7 points per game last year. Like Grant Williams, Hachimura is excellent playing in the high post/elbow region, though he was mainly a threat as a scorer. He could become a very good NBA player if he continues getting better and expands his range.
    29. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto)

[Jontay] Porter — whose brother Michael was taken 14th by the Nuggets last year — has already torn his ACL twice, so it wouldn’t be surprising if he drops into the second round. He’s a skilled, smooth big man who can shoot from the outside. The Boris Diaw and Nikola Jokic comparisons are understandable. If they’re satisfied with the results of Porter’s medical testing, the Spurs’ track record suggests they’d be willing to wait for Porter to return to full strength and further develop his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Society: 2019 NBA Mock Draft Version 2.0
    By
    Basketball Society -
    June 4, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs – Goga Bitadze

Goga has been impressing many teams with his play and workouts lately. He’s skyrocketed up boards and the Spurs are always a team to get a steal like this one.
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors) – Iggy Brazdeikis

Iggy Brazdeikis has all of the offensive tools to succeed in the NBA, but what he needs is the right organization to get him on the right path. The Spurs are that organization.
    49. San Antonio Spurs – Zylan Cheatham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Pippen Ain't Easy: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Post-NBA Draft Combine Edition
    by Austin Carroll 4 hours ago [AKA 5 June 2019]

Goga Bitadze
    C Budućnost
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pre-Draft Lottery Projection: 21 (+2)

We promise choosing the Spurs to select a prominent international player isn’t a force of habit. In fact, the last time the Spurs took an international player in the first round was 2015. We’d be lying if we said there wasn’t a strong precedent here (17 international draft picks made during the Popovich regime), but Goga Bitadze can genuinely ball out.

Already with a plethora of talent at both guard positions, San Antonio will inject some life into their big man rotation by taking Bitadze. Similar to Pau Gasol, Bitadze is a great rim protector with a smooth jumpshot.

Even if his three-point game isn’t quite good enough to label Goga a legitimate ‘stretch-five’, he can consistently knock down mid-range jumpers to make for a deceptively good pick and roll game. Since European basketball is already very pass-centric, Bitadze should have no trouble adapting to Popovich’s system.
    ty jerome
    PG/SG Virginia
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pre-Draft Lottery Projection: 28 (-1)

Is there a player in this draft better suited to player for the Spurs than Ty Jerome? Not an exceptional athlete by any means, Jerome will earn his place in the league through high basketball awareness, a good sense for team basketball and by doing all the little things right.

In last year’s championship season, Jerome played a key role shooting 39.9 percent from deep on an enormous sample size of 10.4 attempts per game. When he wasn’t jacking it up from deep, Jerome could be depended on as a floor general, setting the table this teammates while rarely making costly mistakes.

One-third of all baskets Virginia scored while Jerome was on the court came directly from one of his passes. While not very speedy, Jerome has a great sense on the defensive end and knows when to switch and handle pick and roll offenses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sportsblog: Fuller's 2019 NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    By Samuel Fuller
    Jun. 04, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs: Goga Bitadze, C, Republic of Georgia ( +1 )

While I still see Small Forward as a bigger need than the front-court, I actually like the way Goga Bitadze would compliment Jakob Poeltl and LaMarcus Aldridge. Keldon Johnson and Tyler Herro both should gain plenty of attention too if they're still around at #19.
    29. San Antonio Spurs: Luguentz Dort, SG/PG, Arizona State ( -4 )

Goga Bitadze fills the front-court concerns, and out of the handful of remaining prospects to consider taking near the end of the first round, Luguentz Dort simply makes the most sense. Knowing San Antonio, I could also see them reach for a developmental forward like Nic Claxton or Darius Bazler here.
    49. San Antonio Spurs: Jalen McDaniels, PF, San Diego State ( -13 )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get why you would be bummed by Goga or Fernando both are solid prospects. I kinda like what I've seen from Fernando, for the 29th pick he wouldn't be bad.

Williams is definitely meh and don't like Jerome and Herro either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Big Lead: NBA: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: An Unpredictable First Round Outside the Top Three Leads to Some Surprises
    By: Liam McKeone | 4 hours ago [AKA 4 June 2019]
    this is my dream scenario

Thread Information