Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Spur fan rooting for the Warriors to win this series should get their heads checked. I don't know how you could pull for the Warriors after what happened in '17 with Zaza. I get how some could hate the Grizzlies after Ja has lit up the Spurs every time he has played them but outside of that they have no history with the Spurs.
    I hate the Warriors more, but I am also still dirty on Memphis for 2011 where they tanked to get the Spurs in the first round. Manu breaks his arm in the last game of the season and misses game 1 which the Grizzlies win. Even with an injured Manu who still top scored for the series, if he played in game one, the Spurs still may have won the game and series. Grizzlies got so lucky that series. I think it's also where grit and grind started (correct me if I am wrong), but yeah, a Manu injury and them tanking really pisses me off. They built a reputation off of an unearned series IMO. They didn't outplay the Spurs as the Spurs didn't have their best player that season at 100% (Manu had a great season that year before breaking his arm). To top all that off, Rondo hurts/hyper extends his arm in the first round and all the national media does is go on about how tough he is and how great he's playing, yet Manu broke/fractured his arm (missed the first game that likely cost us the series), came back and still somehow top scored for the series despite not being close to 100%, yet nothing about his toughness was ever mentioned in the national media.

It looks like I will have to go for Chris Paul (and I hate this dirty little prick) or the Mavericks as I hope both the Warriors and Grizzles lose. I like a lot of the current crop of Grizzlies players, but Morant is starting to put me off of him with the way he's been playing. Not as smart of a player as I thought. The games against the Spurs he always looks amazing, but he's looking very ordinary at times against other teams. Still, I guess I would prefer Memphis to beat the Warriors.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm no fan of Draymond's behavior on the court, but your take on it is a tad over the top. I mean, he was suspended for a finals game and that ultimately cost his team a le against Lebron & the Cavs. The idea that there's a league-wide conspiracy led by Adam Silver (I assume?) to let the Warriors win games... well, let's just say I don't buy it. How does it work? Does Silver address all of the refs directly to cheat, in a group chat, or does he just text the crew chief?
    Well, you could ACTUALLY WATCH the games…
    watch green play defense…draped on his opponents back, hacking, swiping, pushing, mauling,on EVERY ING PLAY

then

watch his opponent get pissed and do EXACTLY the same thing and immediately get called for fouls.

watch Jokic get mauled repeatedly by green and get no call in the first round series…
    then jokic get frustrated and play physical - just like he got fouled- and watch the refs foul him out as they did in that series…

then ACTUALLY WATCH every time green gets called for a foul and watch as 9 times out of ten-
    he goes after the refs, crying, yelling, making an absolute ass of himself

until the refs get so ing tired they just stop calling his fouls

they get bullied and instead of putting green in his place
    they allow him to just play as dirty as he wants

just watch the games ferchrissakes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. he cries but doesn't get half the calls that guys like harden used to get
    He was #6 in the NBA this year in FTAs. That’s not what happens when you ‘don’t get foul calls’. His four years in the league, he’s ranked 10,3,6,6 in FTAs.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    He was #6 in the NBA this year in FTAs. That’s not what happens when you ‘don’t get foul calls’. His four years in the league, he’s ranked 10,3,6,6 in FTAs.
    shooting a good number of FTs doesn't mean you shouldn't be getting more.

to say he gets zero calls is absurd. but to say he gets harden level calls is equally absurd. it's pretty obvious he gets screwed on a lot of calls, last night being an excellent example of there being a good 3-4 times where he was blatantly fouled and no call at all.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Luka should probably be shooting 11-12 free throws or more a game, easy. He should perennially be top 3 in FTA along with Freak and Embiid. Maybe top 4 if you add Jokic. Luka attacks the basket probably more than any other perimeter player other than Freak, if you consider him a perimeter player. That's debatable.

The thing that separates Houston Rockets Harden's fouls drawn was that he'd get pretty much any foul he wanted on a drive even when he created the contact, legitimate foul or flop. Luka gets nowhere near the rate of fouls per drive. I'd at the refs too. He gets mauled and they let them play. While small pussy floppers like Trae Young or CP3 get calls for being brushed by a fingertip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, you could ACTUALLY WATCH the games…
    watch green play defense…draped on his opponents back, hacking, swiping, pushing, mauling,on EVERY ING PLAY

then

watch his opponent get pissed and do EXACTLY the same thing and immediately get called for fouls.

watch Jokic get mauled repeatedly by green and get no call in the first round series…
    then jokic get frustrated and play physical - just like he got fouled- and watch the refs foul him out as they did in that series…

then ACTUALLY WATCH every time green gets called for a foul and watch as 9 times out of ten-
    he goes after the refs, crying, yelling, making an absolute ass of himself

until the refs get so ing tired they just stop calling his fouls

they get bullied and instead of putting green in his place
    they allow him to just play as dirty as he wants

just watch the games ferchrissakes

Yes, you're right. Draymond commits 40 fouls a game. Let me guess, Spurs Homer: You're probably of the opinion that Bruce Bowen never put his foot underneath the feet of shooters, right? You gave yourself the name HOMER ... so it's not hard to understand why you think the NBA universe is a giant conspiracy against your favorite team.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive seen a lot of '' why cant Luka make his teammates better?''.... yea Luka, why dont u make undrafted players and second rounders better. Also love seeing the ''he needs to pass the ball more and let others create''... yea, Luka, you should trust the midget Brunson and the ice cold Dinwiddie more, just so they can it up and then he can take over again... On the end of the day its pretty simple. The Mavs roster is a giant pile of . They dont have any good bigs and zero reliable shooters. They will also make a giant mistake overpaying Brunson istead of getting a legit big that can at least play defense or a shooter that can actually make open shots.
    I also loved some re s saying Booker>Doncic... You put Devin Booker on that Dallas team instead of Luka, they win 20 games. We all saw how good Devin Booker is as the main guy.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldnt be surprised if suns sweep. They are just so much better than the mavs.

It is sad to see Doncic get fouled a lot and get zero calls. No wonder he es so much. If only refs sucked his as they suck Embiids. Unfortunately hes European, so he has to get on with it, just like Jokic.
    What a clown take. Hate to see spurs fans rooting for the mavs. How far we’ve fallen.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a clown take. Hate to see spurs fans rooting for the mavs. How far we’ve fallen.
    i root for my countryman, i give zero s about the mavs. I think that they are with the Spurs and Kings the dumbest organization in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brunson's value just dropped a bit after last night's performance. was it an aberration or a revelation?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brunson's value just dropped a bit after last night's performance. was it an aberration or a revelation?

I didn't get to watch that game. I wouldn't make too much out of a single game. All I can see from the stats is that Brunson had a bad night shooting. I don't know if Phoenix targeted him after him being the Mav's scoring leader in the first round.

The funny thing is that after the Utah series, the NBA's website had an article about some of the revelations in the playoffs so far, and Brunson was one of them. What I do know that he's one of the biggest bargains in the league this year at $1.8M, and he's going to get paid as an unrestricted FA. I really want the Spurs to come up with length, and I see the issues with both him and Murray on the floor. But he's a guy that I would be happy to see in SA just the same.

I don't think he'll be going at a discount after that game.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    part of it was a bad night, he missed several layups and floaters he usually hits, but he has a history of being bothered by long defenders. however last night he was able to actually get a lot of good looks that I've not seen him get before on such defenders. will have to see how the series plays out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't get to watch that game. I wouldn't make too much out of a single game. All I can see from the stats is that Brunson had a bad night shooting. I don't know if Phoenix targeted him after him being the Mav's scoring leader in the first round.

The funny thing is that after the Utah series, the NBA's website had an article about some of the revelations in the playoffs so far, and Brunson was one of them. What I do know that he's one of the biggest bargains in the league this year at $1.8M, and he's going to get paid as an unrestricted FA. I really want the Spurs to come up with length, and I see the issues with both him and Murray on the floor. But he's a guy that I would be happy to see in SA just the same.

I don't think he'll be going at a discount after that game.
    i agree and i was being deliberately hyperbolic but if he has a bad series then i do think he will suffer a bit of a drop in value, depending on how bad he looks. my thinking is that he will play much better at home. brunson is not my first choice in regards to who the spurs should covet but i do love his character. i also think think the biggest threat to wooing him away from dallas is the knicks.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was in foul trouble and never got in the flow of the game. He’s been good all season. He’s going to get paid regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was in foul trouble and never got in the flow of the game. He’s been good all season. He’s going to get paid regardless.
    i'm sure the knicks have their bank vault already opened up and waiting to offer him whatever he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really pulling for Derrick to play well but dude just sucks offensively tbh. And it all starts with his inability and refusal to shoot open 3’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really pulling for Derrick to play well but dude just sucks offensively tbh. And it all starts with his inability and refusal to shoot open 3’s.
    Yeah, apparently it's not just us....browsing the reddits, Celtic fans are already complaining about how he slows down the offense, makes slow decisions, and generally just doesn't seem to make an impact on that side of the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a guaranteed brick 75% of the time tbh. I’d rather him shoot 25% on 2 attempts a game vs 5 like when he was here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, apparently it's not just us....browsing the reddits, Celtic fans are already complaining about how he slows down the offense, makes slow decisions, and generally just doesn't seem to make an impact on that side of the floor.

Yeah, he's so tentative. Early, but you can tell teammates aren't even looking for him now (and deservedly so). He's passed up too many shots.
    His overall confidence level appears to be at one of the lowest points since becoming a Pro.

I would suggest giving him some reps on ball as the initiator of the Offense, but Milwaukee is likely to sag or possibly trap him and cause a turnover which could lead to even more of a mental funk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of blowouts in this second round.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, you're right. Draymond commits 40 fouls a game. Let me guess, Spurs Homer: You're probably of the opinion that Bruce Bowen never put his foot underneath the feet of shooters, right? You gave yourself the name HOMER ... so it's not hard to understand why you think the NBA universe is a giant conspiracy against your favorite team.
    wrong

When Bowen played - the NBA had not installed that foul where you have to allow the player to land -
    Bowen was aggressive and crowded the shooter -
    and in todays NBA -

he would foul out every game -

I never agreed he was a dirty player like Green -

if Bowen was allowed to play like Green - as aggressive as Green and not get called for fouls -
    the spurs would have won more les

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant Williams is a really solid basketball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all Boston is doing is chucking threes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud should've prolly to emptied the bench there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early ejection, elbow to the face... this gonna be a good game.

Thread Information