Page 124 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4088
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of that list I don’t think I saw: Dieng, Duren, Malakai Branham, Caleb Houstan, Max Christie, Dalen Terry, Mark Williams. I still feel like Spurs try to act stealthy and hide their intentions. Just speculating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s going to be a forward heavy draft. Still think Dieng will be the pick at 9th. Jovic at 20 and Procida at 25 (stash pick). Someone like Leonard Miller or Houstan at 38.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s going to be a forward heavy draft. Still think Dieng will be the pick at 9th. Jovic at 20 and Procida at 25 (stash pick). Someone like Leonard Miller or Houstan at 38.
    Man that’s so underwhelming but very Spursy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think Dieng may go much higher than projections now show. If he pans out, he's better than anyone in this draft. I'd hate to follow it up by drafting basically the same guy three more times, though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Dieng on this list. Notable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot of interesting SGs past #20 that I'm eyeing using #9 to shore up the hole at PF.

Jalen Williams (off chance he falls), Blake Wesley, Dalen Terry, Alondes Williams- I like Davis, Daniels, and Mathurin and would be thrilled with any if they are avail at #9 but can't you get away with one or two of those post #20 SGs instead?

#9 Sochan
    #20 Jalen Williams/Wesley
    #25 Lariva
    #38 Alondes Williams

Would be awesome to get the Wake Forest duo. Was watching this highlight game I linked below and the two are hustling 100% fighting for loose balls and have great communication between each other. Instrumental in the win over the UNC team that went to the Champ game.

Check out: Wake's Alondes Williams & Jake LaRavia Crush UNC | ACC Basketball Classic

​On January 22nd, 2022 the Demon Deacons hosted the Tar Heels in a battle of in-state rivals. Wake got a resounding 98-76 victory led by the dynamic duo of Jake LaRavia and Alondes Williams. LaRavia went off for 31 points and 10 rebounds. Williams chipped in 23 points and 6 rebounds. Check it all out right here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMt6uIfnFCQ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one Center, but a lot of PF's in the 6'9 height and also long SG/SF. Yup Spurs are going long and athletic forwards.

I doubt Tyty, a PG, is our pick at 9. I doubt Murray will be offered, with Jones the only other true PG.

PG
    Tyty Washington - 6'3
    Alex Barcello - 6'2
    AJ Green - 6'4
    Andrew Nembhard - 6'5

SG
    Johnny Davis - 6'5
    Dyson Daniels - 6'8
    Jalen Williams - 6'6
    Alondes Williams - 6'5
    Michael Devoe - 6'5
    Tyrese Martin - 6'6
    Peter Kiss - 6'5
    Jamay Bieniemy - 6'4
    Aminu Mohammed - 6'5

SF
    MarJon Beauchamp - 6'6
    Kendall Brown - 6'8
    Wendell Moore - 6'5
    Gabriele Procida - 6'7
    Jabari Walker - 6'9
    Keon Ellis - 6'6
    Jeriah Horne - 6'7
    Anthony Duruji - 6'7
    Marcus Weathers - 6'5

PF
    Jeremy Sochan - 6'9
    Tari Eason - 6'8
    Jake LaRavia - 6'8
    Patrick Baldwin - 6'9
    Josh Minott - 6'8
    Moussa Diabate - 6'11
    Darius Days - 6'7
    Dom Barlow - 6'9
    Isiah Mobley - 6'10

C
    John Butler - 7'1
    Butler is not a center. He played more like a SF at FSU. He is listed at 7’1”, but he likely has the longest neck in the draft making his effective height more like 6’10. He is a perimeter player. Really interesting stat: almost shot better from 3 than FTs. He is a coach’s son and it shows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler is not a center. He played more like a SF at FSU. He is listed at 7’1”, but he likely has the longest neck in the draft making his effective height more like 6’10. He is a perimeter player. Really interesting stat: almost shot better from 3 than FTs. He is a coach’s son and it shows.
    His standing reach is almost the same as Kessler and Koloko
    He doesn't block many shots and that FT% is scary bad.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it hard to believe a front office with a conservative history like the Spurs will draft at 9 someone they didn't bring in for a workout and interview.

I can see a later pick the Spurs drafting a player they didn't bring in but not at 9.

It's disappointing if they bypass Sharpe, Mathurin or Murray if they fell to 9 for someone on the current workout list(can change over the next couple of weeks).
    I'm expecting the Spurs to draft a player they interviewed/worked out so as of now Sochan will be the pick at 9.

Will you be happy with Sochan at 9 and a trade away of pick 20 for a lottery protected future first rounder(as teams will call for one of the later picks and for sure that pick will be 20) and a foreign stash at 25?

This would be a very lateral move if the Spurs play it like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Iike all three guys at those spots I don't think I'd take Jovic if I took Deing at #9. I'd lean more towards Terry, Wesley, Williams, etc.... if I were going with a 2nd PF at 20 I'd go with a defensive one but I'd probably prefer to balance the draft out with a guard. Procida I see as a SF..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it hard to believe a front office with a conservative history like the Spurs will draft at 9 someone they didn't bring in for a workout and interview.

I can see a later pick the Spurs drafting a player they didn't bring in but not at 9.

It's disappointing if they bypass Sharpe, Mathurin or Murray if they fell to 9 for someone on the current workout list(can change over the next couple of weeks).
    I'm expecting the Spurs to draft a player they interviewed/worked out so as of now Sochan will be the pick at 9.

Will you be happy with Sochan at 9 and a trade away of pick 20 for a lottery protected future first rounder(as teams will call for one of the later picks and for sure that pick will be 20) and a foreign stash at 25?

Knowing what I know now I wouldn't like that draft at all...the one caveat is if they have a couple FA/trade moves on the table and they need more future picks to accomplish that...if thats the case then it'd make sense but we don't have that knowledge....so in a vacuum I would be disappointed..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deing at 9 seems like a mega reach.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My point is not that they didn't bring them in, but it isn't being reported. I think the Spurs like to work this way. I say that because players who have been drafted have said they were told not to tell anyone that they came in for a workout/interview. And so, since this is a boring waiting time before the draft, I'm speculating for fun that the players I mentioned not on the list, notably Duren, Mark Williams, and Dieng, could very well be targets for the #9 pick. For later picks there's less of an issue I would say, though I won't be shocked if 20 or 25 is Max Christie or Caleb Houstan. For the record, I plan to be drinking on draft night to simultaneously prepare to celebrate or mourn our picks.

Dieng definitely feels like a Spurs type of pick at 9 for multiple reasons, including that we don't have a report of him coming in.

As for no Duren or Mark Williams, I will say that's kind of interesting too, and makes me wonder about potential trades with CHA for either that pick or Yak.

But in the end, who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s interesting how the list does not include a C and with Poeltl’s expiring contract. No big man project? Unless they’ve seen from other team’s workouts. But that opens the issue like with Samanic when they don’t thoroughly interview on a person’s character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the day after the draft, no one in this forum will be happy. The Spurs will have traded too many/not enough picks, or drafted the wrong players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is not that they didn't bring them in, but it isn't being reported. I think the Spurs like to work this way. I say that because players who have been drafted have said they were told not to tell anyone that they came in for a workout/interview. And so, since this is a boring waiting time before the draft, I'm speculating for fun that the players I mentioned not on the list, notably Duren, Mark Williams, and Dieng, could very well be targets for the #9 pick. For later picks there's less of an issue I would say, though I won't be shocked if 20 or 25 is Max Christie or Caleb Houstan. For the record, I plan to be drinking on draft night to simultaneously prepare to celebrate or mourn our picks.

Dieng definitely feels like a Spurs type of pick at 9 for multiple reasons, including that we don't have a report of him coming in.

As for no Duren or Mark Williams, I will say that's kind of interesting too, and makes me wonder about potential trades with CHA for either that pick or Yak.

But in the end, who knows?
    I think it's just impossible to know with the Spurs, they prefer to hide things in general.

Their interest for Samanic was not hidden for example ( but i think it was samanic who showed some pics or that they had a dinner) .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's like a stretch 4.5. In no way is he a SF. Doesn't have the skill set.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s interesting how the list does not include a C and with Poeltl’s expiring contract. No big man project? Unless they’ve seen from other team’s workouts. But that opens the issue like with Samanic when they don’t thoroughly interview on a person’s character.
    On another note they saw Kamagate in Europe, they have someone in one game vs ASVEL so no C on the list doesn't mean they don't target one. They probably saw some pro day from with Centers too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the day after the draft, no one in this forum will be happy. The Spurs will have traded too many/not enough picks, or drafted the wrong players.
    , when is ST ever happy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , when is ST ever happy?
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, this board has been feasting on a baseless rumor that Charlotte and the Spurs MAY have been talking about a trade of Poeltl. AFAIK, there's been no substantiation about this whatsoever. Judging by track record, the team would rather resign Poeltl and keep him within the team than do anything bizarre.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ lol, dont kill my buzz man! I'm just trying to make it to 06/23 :-)

It is pretty impressive that around conference finals time most of the enthusiasm around the NBA is draft/FA-related at time when the league is desperate to showcase the cream of the crop of the profession. Speculation on my end, but the league mustve talked to the talking heads/podcasters about it this year, begging them to keep the focus on the Finals as much as possible. I've seen more restraint this year than last.

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What (realistic) pick at 9 would cause the biggest ST meltdown? Obviously picking Jovic would send this place into a tailspin of despair, but I don't think that's got much likelihood of happening. At least I seeeeriously hope not. I could see Dieng at 9... that would inspire some mass cliff jumping, with so many other solid picks on the board.

I frankly have no idea what the Spurs will do and I won't be surprised if they disappoint a lot of people here with a left field pick. I feel they're unlikely to reach too far because they have those picks in the 20s, thankfully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What (realistic) pick at 9 would cause the biggest ST meltdown? Obviously picking Jovic would send this place into a tailspin of despair, but I don't think that's got much likelihood of happening. At least I seeeeriously hope not. I could see Dieng at 9... that would inspire some mass cliff jumping, with so many other solid picks on the board.

I frankly have no idea what the Spurs will do and I won't be surprised if they disappoint a lot of people here with a left field pick. I feel they're unlikely to reach too far because they have those picks in the 20s, thankfully.
    1. Drafting a player like AJ Griffin, which is still a possibility. We've been down on him as a group and perhaps with good reason. Last off-season the team loaded with shoot-only players with little other talents (Forbes, McDermott) and it didn't work at all.

2. Drafting a player the board hasn't really done due diligence on. Malaki Branham has been mentioned once or twice, but we haven't done a deep dive on him.

3. Drafting a player much earlier than expected - the Josh Primo part deux. I don't know who that player would be, so will just say Dalen Terry.

4. Drafting Caleb Houstan with any pick.

5. Trading the pick away for a veteran player no one really likes. I can't imagine who that is, but maybe like Julius Randle. Unlikely, but maybe a package of players who aren't perceived as moving the needle.

6. Ultimately we all have our favorites, so almost everyone is bound to be disappointed in some fashion. I like Sochan and Davis but it is impossible to get both, and may not get either. A lot of players have their fans.

7. Drafting against perceived need. I wouldn't be overly excited about drafting Duren or M. Williams, although they both seem to be good players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. Not picking any of Davis, Sochan, Mathurin, Sharpe, Daniels, Duren at 9
    2. Draft day ends and Spurs didn’t draft a good size PF and Keldon still plays 4 at opening night.

Personally, I will be thrilled with Davis and Sochan/Eason combination. Whatever they do with the rest of the picks would be okay. I would like if they could get an insurance for Poeltl, maybe a Koloko. Jovic I like as a stash, low risk high rewards if he pans out.

Thread Information