Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    this is nonsense though. the implication of this clip is that they perform bottom surgery on children. they dont. its illegal to have it done before one turns 18. there are some childrens hospitals that will treat patients over the age of 18, and it can be done there, but thats a far cry from what the clip is implying, and i can only assume much of the rest of the film is the same

its like saying disney california adventure promotes underage drinking because its a theme park mostly for kids but they also serve beer
    What about underaged girls as young as 13 getting double mastectomies to remove their otherwise healthy breasts as part of gender transition? Is that fine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about underaged girls as young as 13 getting double mastectomies to remove their otherwise healthy breasts as part of gender transition? Is that fine?
    you're moving the goalpost as the clip in question was specifically discussing bottom surgery

otherwise in my non expert opinion i think it probably would be a good idea for that to also having a higher age requirement unless done for medical purpose for the child's physical health. but thats just an off the cuff opinion. what if a child is otherwise suicidal, i dno. its probably a lot more complicated than i'm letting on, but higher age req seems fine imo

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    you're moving the goalpost as the clip in question was specifically discussing bottom surgery

otherwise in my non expert opinion i think it probably would be a good idea for that to also having a higher age requirement unless done for medical purpose for the child's physical health. but thats just an off the cuff opinion. what if a child is otherwise suicidal, i dno. its probably a lot more complicated than i'm letting on, but higher age req seems fine imo
    The suicide rate for trans people is higher after they get surgery, not before. It's a fabricated myth that top or bottom surgery abates the risk of suicide.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Gotta love trans logic: "Oh she might be suicidal? , we better chop her perfectly healthy s off to walk her off the ledge!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wokist pro-left handers are confusing children about which of their hands is dominant and making natural righties doubt themselves.

https://scitechconnect.elsevier.com/...downs-and-ups/

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting is such a rare breed. You don't get many people who are very socially conservative but also very fiscally liberal and also white. Those are typically the older Hispanic generation. Those are also trending red because the Left has pushed the social left agenda way too far over the top in recent years.

Maybe one day people like Will Hunting will wake up and realize that the healthcare issue just isn't relevant enough to keep voting Democrat, especially since the Democrats haven't put together a competent public option / national health care system in the past several decades in spite of umpteen trifectas. And don't blame the filibuster because the Democrats never wanted socialized medicine in the first place. They want the current system to stay in place and citizens to pay more money to their insurance companies, big pharma and big medicine provider companies that donate enormous amounts of money to their political campaigns. The Democrats will always fight to squash any actual cures that come about in R&D for major chronic disease because they know it will put their feeding tubes out of business. The Democrats do not fight for better healthcare for the people. They fight to keep people from living over about 80 years on average in order to minimize elderly welfare payouts like Medicare and Social Security, as well as to keep people sick and reliant on their big donors' ty products. They fight to keep the awful status quo in place, raise inflation, and continue the vicious cycle. Vote Republican, fix the economy first, god-damn-it.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 06-13-2022 at 12:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The suicide rate for trans people is higher after they get surgery, not before. It's a fabricated myth that top or bottom surgery abates the risk of suicide.
    thats just... not true at all

https://fenwayhealth.org/new-study-s...idal-ideation/

"It found that transgender people who had received one or more gender-affirming surgical procedures had a 42% reduction in the odds of experiencing past-month psychological distress, a 35% reduction in the odds of past-year tobacco smoking, and a 44% reduction in the odds of past-year suicidal ideation."

but yes there was this one paper from sweden years ago that people point to even though the lead author has said that their data has been constantly misrepresented and the study explicit said it was not an attempt to measure efficacy of treatment. not to mention, that study wasnt comparing pre-op transgenders to post-op trasngenders, it was comparing post-op transgenders to cis-gendered people. nobody ever said bottom surgery completely eliminates the suicidality gap between trans and cis people.

there are two main components why transgender people have increased suicide risk. one is the internal psychological/mental distress they feel internally. the other is outside pressure/stigma. its for that reason that the #1 factor that decreases suicide risk among trans people is not surgery, but strong family support
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-13-2022 at 12:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    motivated reasoning, tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Will Hunting is such a rare breed. You don't get many people who are very socially conservative but also very fiscally liberal and also white. Those are typically the older Hispanic generation. Those are also trending red because the Left has pushed the social left agenda way too far over the top in recent years.

Maybe one day people like Will Hunting will wake up and realize that the healthcare issue just isn't relevant enough to keep voting Democrat, especially since the Democrats haven't put together a competent public option / national health care system in the past several decades in spite of umpteen trifectas. And don't blame the filibuster because the Democrats never wanted socialized medicine in the first place. They want the current system to stay in place and citizens to pay more money to their insurance companies, big pharma and big medicine provider companies that donate enormous amounts of money to their political campaigns. The Democrats will always fight to squash any actual cures that come about in R&D for major chronic disease because they know it will put their feeding tubes out of business. The Democrats do not fight for better healthcare for the people. They fight to keep people from living over about 80 years on average in order to minimize elderly welfare payouts like Medicare and Social Security, as well as to keep people sick and reliant on their big donors' ty products. They fight to keep the awful status quo in place, raise inflation, and continue the vicious cycle. Vote Republican, fix the economy first, god-damn-it.
    I'm not socially conservative. I'm pro-choice, pro-gay marriage and atheist. I just think liberals have gone overboard on this niche issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blue haired person said they were a wolf and were weird therefore liberals have gone overboard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is a woman?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    blue haired person said they were a wolf and were weird therefore liberals have gone overboard
    Chopping a 13 year old girl's s off because she doesn't like wearing pink isn't going overboard at all!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So what is a woman?
    TRANSPHOBE!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chopping a 13 year old girl's s off because she doesn't like wearing pink isn't going overboard at all!
    the framing is just amazing. decapitating, chopping up, and murdering a baby because you are poor isnt going overboard at all!

oh wait you are pro choice, so you wouldnt use that framing there. hmm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is a woman?
    colloquially people have historically used the terms for sex/gender interchangeably. in which case when people say "woman" they often mean "female" referring to biological sex.

but more specifically, woman is a gender iden y, based on social roles/norms that our society has typically ascribed to females. therefore whoever falls under that iden y is a woman. in a vast majority of cases, females fall under that gender iden y. sometimes they dont. people make a really big deal about that last part for some reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

One of the "puberty blockers" they're giving boys is the drug Lupron. Lupron is literally the same drug used to chemically castrate sex offenders.

That's not opinion, it's just an objective fact. I'm not OK with giving 12 year old boys the same drug used to chemically castrate sex offenders but you do you.
    thats such an emotional line of thinking

lupron is also used as a treatment for things like prostate cancer. imagine declining treatment for your cancer because its also used for other reasons

dying to own the libs!

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not socially conservative. I'm pro-choice, pro-gay marriage and atheist. I just think liberals have gone overboard on this niche issue.
    I'm pro choice and atheist as well. I don't like bible thumpers and ultra bible thumping states but their votes and electoral college votes are a boon. (Just like you don't like s or minorities but their votes are a boon to the Dems.) As for gay marriage I support the right to it but I also support abolishing "married filing jointly" tax benefits, not just for gays but for every kind of married couple. Everyone should file independently; no tax benefits for being married, and there should not be such a thing as "marital property" in a divorce case. Overhaul the family justice court system and give men (and women) a fair chance and the right to choose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    colloquially people have historically used the terms for sex/gender interchangeably. in which case when people say "woman" they often mean "female" referring to biological sex.

but more specifically, woman is a gender iden y, based on social roles/norms that our society has typically ascribed to females. therefore whoever falls under that iden y is a woman. in a vast majority of cases, females fall under that gender iden y. sometimes they dont. people make a really big deal about that last part for some reason
    So you believe a woman is a state of mind not a real world thing, similar to being native american

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you believe a woman is a state of mind not a real world thing, similar to being native american
    i dont understand that native american part

gender is an iden y. relates to social norms/roles/expectations

sex is a category we've come up with marked by purely biological and/or genetic markers

gender and sex are obviously interrelated as there's a very strong correlation between them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont understand that native american part

gender is an iden y. relates to social norms/roles/expectations

sex is a category we've come up with marked by purely biological and/or genetic markers

gender and sex are obviously interrelated as there's a very strong correlation between them
    Does a person have to make physical changes (surgery, drugs) to their body in order to change gender? Or is it a fluid iden y based solely on the state of mind?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does a person have to make physical changes (surgery, drugs) to their body in order to change gender? Or is it a fluid iden y based solely on the state of mind?
    nah, its a mental state. though some people suffer emotional distress when their physical appearance doesnt match their gender iden y. this is what is called gender dysphoria (it refers to the state of distress, not every trans person has dysphoria). people go through those physical changes as a wait to treat the symptoms of distress they are experiencing

based on a quick google only about 10% of trans women have gotten bottom surgery, where something like 50% want to in the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, its a mental state. though some people suffer emotional distress when their physical appearance doesnt match their gender iden y. this is what is called gender dysphoria (it refers to the state of distress, not every trans person has dysphoria). people go through those physical changes as a wait to treat the symptoms of distress they are experiencing

based on a quick google only about 10% of trans women have gotten bottom surgery, where something like 50% want to in the future
    How about the emotional distress conserva s have when seeing a trans person, tbh? What's that called?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the emotional distress conserva s have when seeing a trans person, tbh? What's that called?
    transgender derangement syndrome

think they've been calling it TDS for a few years now iirc

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about child abuse, but I generally agree with the notion of postponing stuff like this until they're adults.

That said, stuff like this can easily escalate into something more serious and complicated than that. Once something like depression enters the picture, it can be life threatening.

While I do think there's some overdoing of this, there's also some trivialization of the problem as well. I think the former will die down as part of any social fad.
    That's because kids in school are dip s, we don't give the poor kids money, we don't give the fat kids bariatric surgery and we don't give girls with body issues whatever the you'd give them to prevent suicide. So why in this one issue do you pop kids full of drugs where we don't know the long term effects on fertility and none density. It's ing assinine that the answer to prevent suicide is some invasive medical procedure instead of just standard psychological treatments.

Let's not ignore the fact either that kids are going through puberty so the mental imbalance could be from the insane amount of hormones running through their system

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Okay so it's really a Shania Twain type thing. Is there a length of time that a person has to feel like a different gender before they are a different gender?

Thread Information