Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't seem like this Hawks insider knows anything, he sounds butthurt that someone with legit sources - timvp - has actual information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10769137[/URL]]Heres what the insider on the Hawks board has to say

Well 1 and 2 are correct. DJ would make them le contenders if they only had to give up Danilo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks just traded Noel and Burks to the Pistons so I'm pretty sure he's signing there. They could still be in play to add Murray though, they have interested in pairing them together
    Knicks also have like 8 FRPs up for grabs, and they are probably more valuable than Atlanta's because even with Brunson and Murray, Knicks gonna Knick.

They could be that "other EC team" that timvp was talking about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well 1 and 2 are correct. DJ would make them le contenders if they only had to give up Danilo.
    I still don't see Trae and DJ as a great pairing...both are ball dominant and opposing teams will just pack the paint and let them try to win from three

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And btw, there is absolutely no "guarantee" of anything in the draft any more - a full tank gets you a 14% chance at #1. Whoop-di-do-dah.
    THIS!

If you're tanking for a single guy (Wembanyama) that requires a #1 pick, prepare for disappointment.

Just to remind people, Spurs had like a 20% chance of moving into the top 4 this year...and in the end, we still ended up at #9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THIS!

If you're tanking for a single guy (Wembanyama) that requires a #1 pick, prepare for disappointment.

Just to remind people, Spurs had like a 20% chance of moving into the top 4 this year...and in the end, we still ended up at #9.
    top 6 is really good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    top 6 is really good
    True, it's definitely better than being in the late lottery....but everyone seems to have their sights set on one guy. A lot of cards have to fall right to get there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks also have like 8 FRPs up for grabs, and they are probably more valuable than Atlanta's because even with Brunson and Murray, Knicks gonna Knick.

It’d likely have to be a Derrick Rose and picks for DJ swap after the various housekeeping trades Knicks did today. Wild to think Rose only makes 2M less than DJ next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’d likely have to be a Derrick Rose and picks for DJ swap after the various housekeeping trades Knicks did today. Wild to think Rose only makes 2M less than DJ next year.
    I think Fournier is more likely since thibbs loves him some Derrick Rose so much...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Fournier is more likely since thibbs loves him some Derrick Rose so much...
    I'd be cool with Fournier...he always seemed like a Spursy guy, and is also not the kind of talent that would derail a rebuild. Would be a good vet to have around the young guys, too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be cool with Fournier...he always seemed like a Spursy guy, and is also not the kind of talent that would derail a rebuild. Would be a good vet to have around the young guys, too
    Yep...he also might be tradeable at the deadline to a contender....or we could package him with Doug and maybe Richardson for Westbrook to clear salary for next summer if need be..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan, but just saw his last year is a team option. So that’s 36M over two years. Not ideal, but could grease the wheels for more assets coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Browsing the hawks fan site, as a spurs fan what the hawks team is, is exactly what we DO NOT want to be lmao they’re considering giving up years of draft capital to be at best a 5th seed in the East and probably lose to the 4th seed in the 1st round ever year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Relative to Knicks, I'd bet we come away with Toppin, Reddish, and 4 FRPs. Not sure if Reddish or Toppin are any good, but if they stink fine. Lock in those top four lottery odds. If they produce, we can move them for additional assets or, wildly, just keep them and let them play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan, but just saw his last year is a team option. So that’s 36M over two years. Not ideal, but could grease the wheels for more assets coming back.
    As long as the player isn't a licker room pariah I doubt we care which it is...he's just salary ballast that we can hopefully leverage in a future deal.... I can envision Rose, Fournier, or Randle being leveraged in a future trade....I think Fournier is the best locker room fit though... probably a better influence on the young guys..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Browsing the hawks fan site, as a spurs fan what the hawks team is, is exactly what we DO NOT want to be lmao they’re considering giving up years of draft capital to be at best a 5th seed in the East and probably lose to the 4th seed in the 1st round ever year.
    If they think this trade gets them to the 5th seed then they're doing it....I think they are being wildly optimistic though...I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that’s just my take. For now everybody’s just speculating. So that’s that
    yeah, ST gets real weird around trade time. like everyone is on shrooms. then everyone sobers up when nothing happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they think this trade gets them to the 5th seed then they're doing it....I think they are being wildly optimistic though...I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs..
    True now that I think about you’re right! Lmao they wouldn’t be better than the Celtics, 76ers, Bucks, Nets, Heat, Raptors, Bulls, probably not even the Cavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, ST gets real weird around trade time. like everyone is on shrooms. then everyone sobers up when nothing happens.
    I know some gets really sensitive and gets upset when you don’t share their views

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i think the knicks just gave the pistons back their 2023 FRP so that takes some value away because that would have been a great trade asset for the knicks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True now that I think about you’re right! Lmao they wouldn’t be better than the Celtics, 76ers, Bucks, Nets, Heat, Raptors, Bulls, probably not even the Cavs
    They'll be fighting with Charlotte and Washington for the 9th and 10th seed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, what else do we have to talk about? Baseball? Golf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, what else do we have to talk about? Baseball? Golf?
    Girls? Cars? How the Knicks will screw up again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Girls? Cars? How the Knicks will screw up again?
    Or we can talk about Westbrick opting in on his 47.1 mil deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or we can talk about Westbrick opting in on his 47.1 mil deal
    And the Lakers thought they were get Kyrie for $6M

Thread Information