Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid has talent but he's made of glass. Really just depends on whether he can be healthy but he also hasnt shown much at this point
    What I liked was that when he didn’t see much time behind Smart/Brown/Tatum, he reinvented himself as a pretty good defender to get minutes. He was drafted out of Indiana as a scorer. He probably missed his development window, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in a different thread: I expect nothing from him, but I hope he proves me wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can easily see him being waived

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People swore up and down this guy would find consistent minutes when he was traded to SA. Then it never happened. This dude’s career is done. I’m not even sure he’s interested in having a basketball career.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty obvious he didn't embrace Primo enough so his time is probably up before it really began

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people can’t help themselves……time will reveal. You guys may be right but I’m willing to just let it play out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopeful for his ceiling to show this year. Will probably be his last best chance to make a home for himself in the NBA. He's got the talent to be elite on defense which he showed for about 6 min last year before quickly getting hurt then almost entirely riding the bench after he came back. I'd love to see a breakout season where he shows out. Diamond in the rough that suddenly becomes a star type ...like a Josh Hamilton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hopeful for his ceiling to show this year. Will probably be his last best chance to make a home for himself in the NBA. He's got the talent to be elite on defense which he showed for about 6 min last year before quickly getting hurt then almost entirely riding the bench after he came back. I'd love to see a breakout season where he shows out. Diamond in the rough that suddenly becomes a star type ...like a Josh Hamilton
    Who the is Josh Hamilton? Never heard of him, and apparently neither has bbref.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is Josh Hamilton? Never heard of him, and apparently neither has bbref.
    Try baseball reference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try baseball reference
    Oh, baseball. Here’s the 411 on baseball. When a former #1 overall pick who looks like a bust makes it to the majors 8 years later, you can pretty much write in steroids, with pen and ink, especially if his peak is short.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we heard one tidbit about him from the Sours or coaching staff. I think there is a chance he makes it to training camp to show his stuff but they may also waive him before so he can pursue other options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, baseball. Here’s the 411 on baseball. When a former #1 overall pick who looks like a bust makes it to the majors 8 years later, you can pretty much write in steroids, with pen and ink, especially if his peak is short.
    It was the other type of substances that shortened his peak. Dude had to fight to get clean in order to have the years he did. I'm not ruling out that he took steroids, but it wasn't a talent issue with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People swore up and down this guy would find consistent minutes when he was traded to SA. Then it never happened. This dude’s career is done. I’m not even sure he’s interested in having a basketball career.
    Wasn't he injured? That seems extreme on a player who has been injured most of his short career, on a very stacked team of talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy can play; he just need to stay healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy can play; he just need to stay healthy.
    Of course he can play
    But play well enough to be a NBA rotation player
    Maybe
    But probably not on the Spurs
    Primo, Devin, Malaki and Blake are sort of in his way

Drafted same year as Keldon and Luka
    To date nothing to write home about

BTW, what's Luka up to these days....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we heard one tidbit about him from the Sours or coaching staff. I think there is a chance he makes it to training camp to show his stuff but they may also waive him before so he can pursue other options.
    Don't you love autocorrect basically telling you the Spurs don't exist. I had to go add the Spurs to its vocabulary so it quit overriding me, and yet it still does. Wouldn't make me as pissy if it also made the Lakers into the Fakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you love autocorrect basically telling you the Spurs don't exist. I had to go add the Spurs to its vocabulary so it quit overriding me, and yet it still does. Wouldn't make me as pissy if it also made the Lakers into the Fakers.
    haha I think I just unconsciously type Sours because I’m grumpy AF lately regarding our trajectory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people can’t help themselves……time will reveal. You guys may be right but I’m willing to just let it play out
    The delusions once again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he can play
    But play well enough to be a NBA rotation player
    Maybe
    But probably not on the Spurs
    Primo, Devin, Malaki and Blake are sort of in his way

Drafted same year as Keldon and Luka
    To date nothing to write home about

BTW, what's Luka up to these days....
    Leading a Croation chapter of the Proud Boys rally somewhere back home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leading a Croation chapter of the Proud Boys rally somewhere back home.
    haha I guarantee you Luka pulls super models man. Atleast some wicked IG hoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there a reason he wasn't invited to Summer League? You'd think he would have been included, had the Spurs considered him part of the future...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there a reason he wasn't invited to Summer League? You'd think he would have been included, had the Spurs considered him part of the future...
    He’s been in the league since 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been in the league since 2019.
    But he hasn't been able to establish himself, and older, more experienced, and more established players are taking part in summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he hasn't been able to establish himself, and older, more experienced, and more established players are taking part in summer league.
    SL usually consists of guys who haven’t been in the league yet, 1st and 2nd year players, and injured guys and guys over 30, trying to claw their way back. Normally, guys still on later years of rookie FRP contracts don’t go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After an eye-opener against the Timberwolves:

1. He's a superior on-ball defender, doing well to slow down Anthony Edwards despite giving up size.

2. He seems completely out of his element shooting from deep. He doesn't want to do it, or so it seems, but did because it's in the playbook.

3. Loss of Primo opens the door for him. Wesley is also a good defender, but probably won't be counted on.

I really doubt he'll turn into a scorer, although he shows ability to flash and finish in the lane. He knows the sets. I really thought he was dross and soon to be elsewhere, but this has changed.

Thread Information