Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If KD's health holds up he will be no worse than all-star level for at least 3 more years.
    His game is not predicated on his athleticism. He has tremendous length, handle, and his jumper is silk. That won't go away

If I'm the Celtics I make the deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen Brown is a borderline superstar. If KD really wants out I’m doing that if I’m the Nets hundo.

Simmons, JB, Smart, Kyrie would be interesting.
    Tatum is the borderline superstar, Brown is more like a borderline star. I'd classify him as a complementary one to be exact.

If KD's health holds up he will be no worse than all-star level for at least 3 more years.
    His game is not predicated on his athleticism. He has tremendous length, handle, and his jumper is silk. That won't go away

If I'm the Celtics I make the deal
    Exactly. There's just not enough collective ball handling/playmaking in the Tatum/Brown duo to ever feel confident in their getting over the hump, nor enough sheer star power to render that moot.

They'd be the favorites with this and if they win a championship(s), between that, being a big/historical market and having prime Tatum and quality role players, they should be able to eventually attract another star to replace Durant.

The Celtics will obviously have to add picks/swaps, but realistically no one is beating that base, which is why they'd be wise to hold firm on White instead of Smart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't do it if I were the Celtics. Durant is about to be 34, Jaylen Brown is 25. Paying 50 million to a 37 year old KD is not gonna be a good investment down the line
    ah, they'll just trade him back to the Nets at age 37 for a bunch of first round draft picks like they did Garnett.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum is the borderline superstar, Brown is more like a borderline star. I'd classify him as a complementary one to be exact.

Exactly. There's just not enough collective ball handling/playmaking in the Tatum/Brown duo to ever feel confident in their getting over the hump, nor enough sheer star power to render that moot.

They'd be the favorites with this and if they win a championship(s), between that, being a big/historical market and having prime Tatum and quality role players, they should be able to eventually attract another star to replace Durant.

The Celtics will obviously have to add picks/swaps, but realistically no one is beating that base, which is why they'd be wise to hold firm on White instead of Smart.
    Nomenclature aside, I don’t think the gap between Tatum and Brown is that large and view both of them in basically a second tier of top NBA talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nomenclature aside, I don’t think the gap between Tatum and Brown is that large and view both of them in basically a second tier of top NBA talent.
    Only Durant, Doncic, Jokic, Curry, James, Antetokounmpo, Embiid are clearly better than Tatum. Before you inevitably mention him, S bag has to prove he can regain previous form.

Meanwhile, in addition to those 8, another 15 (Young, Irving, George, Davis, Morant, Butler, Towns, Gobert, Williamson, Harden, Paul, Booker, Lillard, Mitc , Beal) are also clearly better than Brown.
    Last edited by TD 21; 07-25-2022 at 05:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banking on an aging, mentally weak diva at this point . KD has failed time and time again when he’s had to carry a team that isn’t loaded like the Warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banking on an aging, mentally weak diva at this point . KD has failed time and time again when he’s had to carry a team that isn’t loaded like the Warriors.
    I couldn't stand Durant long before it became popular opinion, but either bias is clouding your judgement, you're spouting results without context or a combination of both.

Literally one year ago, Durant, in his first season post partially ruptured Achilles tendon and with no other healthy star, came within' inches of eliminating the Bucks, who'd go on to win the championship.

His other best non Warriors chances were '12 (team was too green, facing all time player at peak), '13 (Westbrook injured), '14 (Ibaka missed first two games of WCF, lost to an all time team), '16 (lost to an all time team).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only Durant, Doncic, Jokic, Curry, James, Antetokounmpo, Embiid are clearly better than Tatum. Before you inevitably mention him, S bag has to prove he can regain previous form.

Meanwhile, in addition to those 8, another 15 (Young, Irving, George, Davis, Morant, Butler, Towns, Gobert, Williamson, Harden, Paul, Booker, Lillard, Mitc , Beal) are also clearly better than Brown.
    you are almost as bad as Ex when it comes to offering opinion as fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Kawhi needs to prove it shouldn’t Zion also? Gobert? Brown and Tatum are pretty close to that tier. It’s not as black and white as you make it out to be even though you make many posts about race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I do agree that there's a significant gap between Tatum and Brown, but he's a 25 year old all star caliber player and Smart is a 28 DPOY, if Brooklyn is looking to remain compe ive for years, that's not a bad return. If they add a couple unprotected picks and/or swaps, there aren't many teams around that can put together a better package for Durant than that. Maybe a Miami package around Bam & Herro, or a Toronto package around Scottie Barnes & OG Anunoby + other assets could be in the mix, but with Ayton locked in Phoenix and Brooklyn wanting no part of him anyway, those sound like the kind of return they could realistically get right now. I think Brooklyn is spreading the word to establish some sort of trade framework for anyone interested in Durant, and also conveying a sense of urgency so that someone in fear of losing him raises the stakes. IMO it makes sense for all parties, and like Dejounte said, anything that pushes forward the Celtics window forward is good for us, so the more costly it is for Boston, the better it is for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't do it if I were the Celtics. Durant is about to be 34, Jaylen Brown is 25. Paying 50 million to a 37 year old KD is not gonna be a good investment down the line
    I don't think those 50 million to be paid to KD as a 37 year old in 3 years are much of a problem, the returns of such a move should be expected within the next year or two, the rest would just be a bonus eventhough there's definitely a pathway for KD to sustain a high level of play 3 years and beyond provided he stays healthy. Durant raises their ceiling, and sometimes is better to be a championship level team for 3 years than falling short by an inch time and again. It's an all in move, if they get one championship as a result it's worth it, but if Durant blows his knee it could be viewed as the single moment they f*cked over their entire franchise. I'm not too fond of such bets, but I can definitely see the appeal for Boston.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are almost as bad as Ex when it comes to offering opinion as fact.
    In other words, you concede so it's ad homenim time.

You can play that game with most things, but if you could present a credible argument to the contrary, you would.

If Kawhi needs to prove it shouldn’t Zion also? Gobert? Brown and Tatum are pretty close to that tier. It’s not as black and white as you make it out to be even though you make many posts about race.
    S bag needs to prove it in the case of Tatum because the bar is higher (we just saw Davis and Harden fall from this class despite seemingly lesser injuries). In the case of Brown, it's more reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I do agree that there's a significant gap between Tatum and Brown, but he's a 25 year old all star caliber player and Smart is a 28 DPOY, if Brooklyn is looking to remain compe ive for years, that's not a bad return. If they add a couple unprotected picks and/or swaps, there aren't many teams around that can put together a better package for Durant than that. Maybe a Miami package around Bam & Herro, or a Toronto package around Scottie Barnes & OG Anunoby + other assets could be in the mix, but with Ayton locked in Phoenix and Brooklyn wanting no part of him anyway, those sound like the kind of return they could realistically get right now. I think Brooklyn is spreading the word to establish some sort of trade framework for anyone interested in Durant, and also conveying a sense of urgency so that someone in fear of losing him raises the stakes. IMO it makes sense for all parties, and like Dejounte said, anything that pushes forward the Celtics window forward is good for us, so the more costly it is for Boston, the better it is for us.
    As I said, it's the best return the Nets are realistically going to get. The only other one you could argue for is if the Pelicans relent on Ingram at some point (Brown and him cancel each other out, but the Pelicans have way more depth of youth/picks to add).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a couple of years they'd be paying 50 million for KD or paying 50 mil for Jaylen Brown. I get the age difference and injury concerns but they'd be crazy not to take that risk. Trading the 20th-25th best player for a top 3 NBA player is a no brainer IMO.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR Celtics/Nets 1174 minutes minimum (their default)

15.8 Jayson Tatum
    10.2 Al Horford
    8.9 Jalen Brown
    8.8 Marcus Smart, Derrick White
    7.2 Robert Williams III
    2.9 Payton Pritchard
    2.7 Grant Williams
    0.1 Daniel Theis

8.3 Kevin Durant
    4.5 Kyrie Irving
    3.6 Andre Drummond
    3.5 Seth Curry
    3.3 Bruce Brown
    1.4 Patty Mills
    0.2 James Johnson
    -0.9 Cam Johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, you concede so it's ad homenim time.

You can play that game with most things, but if you could present a credible argument to the contrary, you would.

S bag needs to prove it in the case of Tatum because the bar is higher (we just saw Davis and Harden fall from this class despite seemingly lesser injuries). In the case of Brown, it's more reasonable to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As I said, it's the best return the Nets are realistically going to get. The only other one you could argue for is if the Pelicans relent on Ingram at some point (Brown and him cancel each other out, but the Pelicans have way more depth of youth/picks to add).
    I think you mean ad hominem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you mean ad hominem.
    Another sure sign that one has conceded is when it's correct typo time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These twitter NBA “analysts” are fking useless…

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/s...07514328604673

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These twitter NBA “analysts” are fking useless…

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/s...07514328604673
    That should be a nice tribute for Derrick. None that I could say for DJ. Probably gotta get booed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That should be a nice tribute for Derrick. None that I could say for DJ. Probably gotta get booed.
    what about long time Spur Galinari per Dan Woike lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The average suit that attends games has no clue about social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The average suit that attends games has no clue about social media.
    You don’t think he gets the Kawhi treatment? Well maybe not as bad, but I think there will be fans booing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t think he gets the Kawhi treatment? Well maybe not as bad, but I think there will be fans booing
    He shouldn’t. Only butthurt sniffers will boo but most can’t even afford cable let alone a ticket to the game.

Thread Information