Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which team would offer Chris Paul a max contract? I would think about 3 or maybe 4 at $23-25M/yr is market for a 33 year old pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking! CP3 to Spurs for max.

Related: Spurs trade Kawhi for beans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loooool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should make his next deal incentive based!
    If he finishes the season healthy he keeps his deal but if he gets injured he gets docked every game he misses, playoffs double!

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Which team would offer Chris Paul a max contract? I would think about 3 or maybe 4 at $23-25M/yr is market for a 33 year old pg.
    The Rockets will. They're thirsty for fake "stars."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets will find a way. I think the GM is overrated, but he is the best getting capspace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth it, imho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rockets will find a way. I think the GM is overrated, but he is the best getting capspace.
    find a way for what, pray tell?

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth it, imho.
    This

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    All they need is a PG that can take care of the ball and a garbage man-big man to get rebounds and easy dunks like Capela, obviously assuming someone is stupid enough to give him a max contract. A 3-point marksman wouldn't hurt either. Do that, and they'll be just as good, if not better. This was their one and only shot.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give him ten years on max money. He just needs to stay motivated.

@ tholdren

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Harden was a PG?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Too old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    understandable, he knows winning is not an option for someone of his level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    understandable, he knows winning is not an option for someone of his level.
    They would have probably won the le this year if he was healthy

Of course he breaks down every playoffs but still..

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's dumb on his part. He has enough money to retire on (he and any star NBA player has that on just 1-2 years of salary). If I were him, I'd give it one more shot for cheap unless I knew there was another contender that could pay him a solid salary.

If he takes a paycut, the Rockets wouldn't look so stupid giving Capela a max contract to keep him there for one more go at it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's dumb on his part. He has enough money to retire on (he and any star NBA player has that on just 1-2 years of salary). If I were him, I'd give it one more shot for cheap unless I knew there was another contender that could pay him a solid salary.

If he takes a paycut, the Rockets wouldn't look so stupid giving Capela a max contract to keep him there for one more go at it.
    LOL the idea of playing for peanuts if you had a one in a hundred million talent. I'd be asking max too if I was him. And Houston will pay it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL the idea of playing for peanuts if you had a one in a hundred million talent. I'd be asking max too if I was him. And Houston will pay it.
    he's not a one in a hundred million talent, Aaron.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he's not a one in a hundred million talent, Aaron.
    Bum is right, when you factor the millions around the world that play hoops. He is a bit overrrated, but since many especially rox fans are buying the narrative they make Finals and or win le if he is healthy, Cp3 has the leverage.
    Also its not just about his wealth, as Prez of NBAPAelp Rox is if he lets owners off the hook by taking less to win it wont be a good look for someone in his position. Despite his injuries at the worst times ...he is a high level player worthy of a max deal. For him to turn down what he fought for wont make any sense. How he can help is by doing the one year max deal rather than the long-term one ...speaking of Bron ...

I have been through this plenty of times and dummies on here were arguing Lebron doesnt need the max. Of course he doesn't NEED it ...he already has generational wealth.
    But he wont take less nor should he. HE and Paul are not just looking for paydays or les they are establishing Player value and setting up the future of the league on the player's side.
    And there is no amount the Cavs,Lakers or Rox can pay JAmes what he is worth in the current CBA. Why should he take less when the lague is making so much off him?!
    this is why Lebron keeps doing the one year player option deals ... he is maxing his value trusting his health so he can always make as much as possible in current rules.

Farmers on here have been seduced by duncan and to a lessor degree Dirk ...when that was never the smart move, financially. Applaud them for sacrificing as fans of those teams, but shake your head about the dumb move as business men. Besides Lebron has won with only sacrifcing salary once in Miami. and has 3x as many rings as Dirk and only trails Tim by 2 with more finals appearances. you can take the max and stillc ompete for les, Bron has proven it. So he takes a few more finals losses?
    Doesnt matter the CN's Shannon sharpe and nick wright's of the world and others still say he is the GOAT and LeBron is laughing all the way to the bank.
    Winning matters of course, And as a fan I want players to put it first above max dollars ... but none of you selfish bas s gonna turn down the type of money these dudes are just so owners can not pay lux tax.
    Lebron may have screwed his le chances in cle by making sure Tristan, JR and Love got big extensions but Lebron has done more for putting bread in NBA players pockets than any other player over the past 20 years ...maybe only NAsh/d'antoni only guys close by inflating numbers with SSOL offense leading to big deals for amare, Marion, joe johson, diaw etc.

Lebron has stated repeatedly he trying to make B's not M's why would he take less?
    CP3 wont either.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-06-2018 at 08:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ nope. CP3 is not even on the same planet as LeBron talent and influence wise.

And I shake my head at the business men who rape their teams for 48+ million while Duncan, having plenty of money at 200 million for a career went for another Championship. I don't look up to the greedoids who didn't / wont. Almond Heads money is obviously not making him happy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^ nope. CP3 is not even on the same planet as LeBron talent and influence wise.

And I shake my head at the business men who rape their teams for 48+ million while Duncan, having plenty of money at 200 million for a career went for another Championship. I don't look up to the greedoids who didn't / wont. Almond Heads money is obviously not making him happy.
    OF course he is not ...when did I say he was?
    that is besides the point.
    Does CP3 have more influence than Mike Conley? Jon wall? Westbrook?
    Ok Russ has an MVP so maybe that last one is debatable but Again Paul is the pres of the NBAPA some advanced metrics place him above Magic and others just below Magic as PG ...
    IF those guys got a max contract why would Paul not feel he earned one?
    And even if he should take less due to injury/age ... Why would he as prez of the NBPA?
    HE probably knows more than most of those guys due to nego ians with the owners how much money teh owners are making off him ...sure its not Lebron money but rox were truly relevant for teh furst time in years ...he pushed state further than anyone the past 5 years besides Lebron (and OKC)
    He will not take less.
    I wouldnt pay him max money at max years but someone will ...most likely, rox.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cp3 has the leverage.
    Also its not just about his wealth, as Prez of NBAPAelp Rox is if he lets owners off the hook by taking less to win it wont be a good look for someone in his position.

….. just so owners can not pay lux tax.
    Altho I do agree, since the money is there why should the uber greedy owners get it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gotta separate business from fandom.
    As a fan I applaud Dirk/duncan
    As I guy who works in finance it was beyond dumb especilly dirk who plays for one of the richest owners in a big market.
    Fyuck him get paid your full worth. taking less worked for tim to get 5 Dirk was stuck on 1 taking less did not get him .
    Paul sees that and knows taking less doesnt promise you .
    West took almost 17 million less for Spurs and still ended up ringless two years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ironic that it was the guy with the most 'ships (Duncan 5) who took the biggest cut to try for one more.
    Meanwhile CP0 does not have one and imo never will.

I totally get wanting to get paid. Just that if i'm an owner, even the Rockets owner I don't see CP0 as the guy who gets them over the hump. Game 6 was clearly won by WarriorRef, not lack of CP0. No one was going to beat WarriorRef that day. Now game 7, ouch yeah perhaps they could have used CP3. Or could they? Ariza at 0-11.

Agree with you that if Houston is going to pay, only give him a one year deal. Seems best for both parties.

Thread Information