Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...-march-3-2020/

tl;dr: Welcome back to the grades, TD

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades!

Is it just me or does Demar looks completely disinterested the last couple of games? I mean he doesn't really go to the basket, doesn't shoot when the team needs an offensive lift, just shoves the ball to the nearest teammate. LMA is out but Demar has like 4 attempts in the first 3 quarters. Also sits separately on the bench, doesn't really communicate during timeouts. What's up with him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades!

Is it just me or does Demar looks completely disinterested the last couple of games? I mean he doesn't really go to the basket, doesn't shoot when the team needs an offensive lift, just shoves the ball to the nearest teammate. LMA is out but Demar has like 4 attempts in the first 3 quarters. Also sits separately on the bench, doesn't really communicate during timeouts. What's up with him?
    Same thing that's been up with him always...he doesn't wanna be here...he was playing well by his poor standards because he was hoping for a trade...it didn't happen, so now he has checked out...so has LMA with his "injury" that I'm sure none of u will call out because for some reason Spurs fans are afraid of offending Aldridge as if he has ever achieved anything for us...some of u treat LMA nicer than the four hall of famers we have had that actually achieved something

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie walker cut your hair

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades!

I think all the vets besides Patty are disinterested. LMA kinda has the same vibe going when he’s playing. I think part of the problem is just that this team is stale. Sometimes a group of guys just run their course. I’m not trying to be mellow dramatic or a cliff jumper but I’d like to see basically everyone over 30 gone this offseason if possible. Time to go all in on the youth movement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope Belinelli sits Friday hope because I wanna see Keldon Johnson get more playing time. He is going to be good. He can be very good if his 3pt shot falls consistently.

Like everyone else I don't get how Forbes starts for this team. He absolutely sucks on defense. He's constantly getting burned. His 3pt shooting can be the only reason he stays on the court. He needs to be replaced in the starting lineup.

Derozan has been more of a crybaby lately. He has been a dud lately. I think it's because he's unhappy and I can understand, but it can rub off on the other guys on the team. His whining has to stop. He hurts the team by giving the other team an extra point with his technical fouls. I can understand getting upset with some non-calls, but there are other ways to go about it.

I miss Jakob. Last night was a layup line. The Hornets kept getting into the lane for an easy shot/layup/dunk. This team's defense as been atrocious all season, but last night's defense was another level of suck. I'm not sure how many times guys didn't box out and let the Hornets grab offensive rebounds. This team is ugly to watch when they suck so much on defense.

Glad they won.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I woke up this morning thinking, "Ya know... the Spurs could actually go 16-6 the rest of the way and creep into that 8th playoff spot." Then I remembered that Pop will be back. . Then I remembered that even if they somehow did it, the only thing they would get is a streak and a first round dismantling by the Lakers. , .

Just play the young guys and get a good draft pick, Pop. Give me something to look forward to next year. Starting with your retirement announcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news, we now finally know ST irrationally favorite Hammond won't get the HC gig next. At least we dodged a few wasted years there.
    Now if only Lonnie's missed dunks and wasted minutes would go to Keldon, who has a productive future in this league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news, we now finally know ST irrationally favorite Hammond won't get the HC gig next. At least we dodged a few wasted years there.
    Now if only Lonnie's missed dunks and wasted minutes would go to Keldon, who has a productive future in this league.
    So now it's Lonnie on your radar ? one of the few player who brings some D to the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. A win is a win however ugly it was down the stretch. But as you said, Coach Timmy adjusted and stuck with it. The players seem to respond to him good, communicating as peers. Demar and Gay, who seemed checked-out the first 3 quarters, finally showed up in the 4th when a W was within reach. There's still a lot of complaining from Demar and Gay, obvious frustrations, and I hope they loosen up for the sake of the youngsters who seemed so eager to win. Murray has that Mamba look. Anybody noticed that? He desperately wants to lead this group. And he seems going in the right direction. I really like Keldon a lot. He really took advantage of his minutes out there and proved that he deserves some burn. I like Walker's iness. He knows he can dunk on anybody. I'm just hoping he can finish better. Lonnie/Keldon out there could be very exciting to watch. A very good morale win. I hope it continuous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanx for the grades..I had missed the game..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope to see more of Keldon, he looks like he belongs in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope to see more of Keldon, he looks like he belongs in the NBA.
    since day 1, Bryn is a starter in the current NBA. This characterizes that half of the gleague players can be in the NBA in any situation and probably 90% in the ideal situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie Walker had a breakout game against Houston where he logged 28pts in 34 minutes and led the team to a win against a good Rockets team. How does Pop reward that? He plays 11 minutes next game behind Marco. lol

Johnson may have looked good last night, but if Pop is back he won't have none of that. Johnson may see 5 minutes at most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand by my Get Derozan Off This Team thread.

Dude just sucks, cannot fit within a team scheme, sucks in crunch time, pouts, ball hogs, stunts the players around him. Sure he tries hard, but so does Bryn.

I can’t stand Aldridge’s either, but at this point in his career, the young guys can play through and grow around him.

The sooner they’re both gone, the better for this franchise. But if you’re going to keep one, keep Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude just sucks, cannot fit within a team scheme, sucks in crunch time, pouts, ball hogs, stunts the players around him. Sure he tries hard, but so does Bryn.

I can’t stand Aldridge’s either, but at this point in his career, the young guys can play through and grow around him.

The sooner they’re both gone, the better for this franchise. But if you’re going to keep one, keep Aldridge.
    My sentiments exactly regarding Aldridge and DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon needs to be in the rotation. Start Walker, bring Keldon off the bench, give Pop's son Forbesovich the Carroll treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel the same way but try to keep my feelings in check because I know the inevitable contract extension is coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope Belinelli sits Friday hope because I wanna see Keldon Johnson get more playing time. He is going to be good. He can be very good if his 3pt shot falls consistently.

Like everyone else I don't get how Forbes starts for this team. He absolutely sucks on defense. He's constantly getting burned. His 3pt shooting can be the only reason he stays on the court. He needs to be replaced in the starting lineup.

Derozan has been more of a crybaby lately. He has been a dud lately. I think it's because he's unhappy and I can understand, but it can rub off on the other guys on the team. His whining has to stop. He hurts the team by giving the other team an extra point with his technical fouls. I can understand getting upset with some non-calls, but there are other ways to go about it.

I miss Jakob. Last night was a layup line. The Hornets kept getting into the lane for an easy shot/layup/dunk. This team's defense as been atrocious all season, but last night's defense was another level of suck. I'm not sure how many times guys didn't box out and let the Hornets grab offensive rebounds. This team is ugly to watch when they suck so much on defense.

Glad they won.
    Think i saw on Twitter somewhere they said Spurs left marco home because he was sick and won't be on this road trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we're going to be a lottery team, we need to be giving the kids as many minutes as possible. we've seen growing pains from dejounte. we've seen lonnie get conservative on offense. but let them play through it and become better for it. coddling them on the bench isn't doing them any favors, and there's only so much the g-league does for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we could at least give Keldon half of Forbes minutes and see how he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we're going to be a lottery team, we need to be giving the kids as many minutes as possible. we've seen growing pains from dejounte. we've seen lonnie get conservative on offense. but let them play through it and become better for it. coddling them on the bench isn't doing them any favors, and there's only so much the g-league does for you
    Perfect take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be watching many more full games is this was the case, even if the losses were piling up. I’ve lost interest because Pop is doing the insanity same thing over and over thingy and still has tight leashes on these young guys while restricting everyone’s minutes for disciplinary reasons except Bryns.

It’s just so tired and old already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all the vets besides Patty are disinterested. LMA kinda has the same vibe going when he’s playing. I think part of the problem is just that this team is stale. Sometimes a group of guys just run their course. I’m not trying to be mellow dramatic or a cliff jumper but I’d like to see basically everyone over 30 gone this offseason if possible. Time to go all in on the youth movement.
    I think Dumbmar and LMA are the only disinterested players. Patty, Poodle, Lyles and Bryn are all engaged. Rudy is just done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rooting for Keldon. Saw the highlights and he looked good

Thread Information