Lallane
    Milutinov
    Kirk

Orlando: July 2-8

Utah: July 4-7

Las Vegas: July 8-18

TV: NBATV, ESPN, ESPNU, ESPN2, ESPN3
    From what I've read, all games will be on ESPN 3
    Last edited by raybies; 06-27-2016 at 04:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno that Bertans will make it over. But Milutinov apparently committed, and despite what RC said, I think it's a near-lock if Murray doesn't make it over, too.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want to see Murray so bad! Hope he plays.

Murray
    Simmons
    Bertans
    Jean-charles
    Milutinov

Would be the best and most exciting summer league team we've ever had imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we see lalanne, ndoye, and possibly Hanga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't really want Simmons there. Would really like to see the Murray show as much as possible with guys around him that could let him get some play-making opportunities. It's important for Simmons to show that he's progressed and all, but with so many prospects being part of the team (most for the first time), I'd rather not have it just be a Simmons expo.

On the other hand, it's very likely that both guys will have to share the court with about high-usage ball-handler as they become rotation players. So learning how to play in that context is essential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't really want Simmons there. Would really like to see the Murray show as much as possible with guys around him that could let him get some play-making opportunities. It's important for Simmons to show that he's progressed and all, but with so many prospects being part of the team (most for the first time), I'd rather not have it just be a Simmons expo.

On the other hand, it's very likely that both guys will have to share the court with about high-usage ball-handler as they become rotation players. So learning how to play in that context is essential.
    I'm guessing he is there for only part of the games if he shows what they want to see from him. Which my guess is leadership on and off the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Along with Ryan, probably livio and Davis. Anyone else?
    Hmm I am surprised to see Simmons in SL again. When did his contract become guaranteed again? He needs to work on that ballhandling though SL with no defense is not the best place to see if he's improved on that. He'll be running and dunking all SL and that still doesn't say if he's improved on his weak areas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I think we look like

PG- Murray, Adams, araciendo (sp?)
    SG- simmons, Hang
    SF- Bertans, Thomas
    PF- lalanne, LJC
    C- Milutinov, Ndoye

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing he is there for only part of the games if he shows what they want to see from him. Which my guess is leadership on and off the court.
    You are right. Leadership is probably a big part of it as well as being able to get guys in sets that don't know where they are supposed to be or what the heck they are doing. Anderson did that for the last SL squad. It's probably a way to help the coaching staff as well.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The official summer league thread should have some date info at the very least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. Utah starts on the fourth and Vegas on the eighth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right. Leadership is probably a big part of it as well as being able to get guys in sets that don't know where they are supposed to be or what the heck they are doing. Anderson did that for the last SL squad. It's probably a way to help the coaching staff as well.
    I think you are right as well. They will want to see him handle the ball efficiently. I also think they want to see positive shooting. Can he consistently hit open shots. If he shows these I think he's could get pulled from at least the second summer league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Puerto Rican guard Angel Rodriguez will play in Summer League with the Spurs:

former JCC all star André Durham will be joining the San Antonio Spurs Summer League Team this year .

Nothing finalized but Bryn Forbes said he is planning to play for the San Antonio Spurs summer league team.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. One sec

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah Jazz Summer League
    Vivant Smart Home Arena
    Sunday July 4 5:00P MT
    Spurs vs. Jazz

Monday July 5 3P MT
    Vivant Smart Home Arena
    76ers vs. Spurs

Wednesday July 7 5P MT
    Jon M. Huntsman Center
    Celtics vs. Spurs

Samsung NBA Summer League [Las Vegas]
    Saturday July 9 7:30P PT
    Thomas & Mack
    San Antonio vs. Golden State

Sunday July 10 7:00P PT
    Cox Pavilion
    San Antonio vs. Portland

Tuesday July 12 5:00P PT
    Cox Pavilion
    San Antonio vs. Chicago

Wednesday-Monday July 13-18 TBA
    Single elimination tournament with guaranteed loser bracket game for teams losing the first game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans' reason for ditching the national team reportedly was for resting his knee after the ACB & Euroleague season. If that was the reason given to his national team, it wouldn't look good for him to then play summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans' reason for ditching the national team reportedly was for resting his knee after the ACB & Euroleague season. If that was the reason given to his national team, it wouldn't look good for him to then play summer league.
    Bertans will be fragile. Potential Tiago Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing finalized but Bryn Forbes said he is planning to play for the San Antonio Spurs summer league team.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/B...onio-45966138?

Guard Bryn Forbes completed the group when he reached a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, he confirmed on Friday afternoon. Earlier Friday, center Matt Costello signed with the Atlanta Hawks.

Forbes told Spartan Tailgate the deal is a verbal agreement and he will play in summer league with the Spurs.
    http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...awks/86339066/

Bryn Forbes has agreed to play for the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Summer League, making it four Michigan State players who will continue their pro basketball careers.

The former Sexton High and MSU star confirmed to the Lansing State Journal will join the Spurs’ team in Salt Lake City from July 4-7 and in Las Vegas from July 8-18.

In Vegas, he will play against former MSU teammate Matt Costello, who earlier Friday agreed to play for the Atlanta Hawks in the summer league. Both players earned all-tournament honors at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament predraft workouts in April.

Forbes averaged 14.4 points and 2.1 rebounds as a senior, ranking second in Division I basketball by making 48.1% of his three-point attempts. He led the three-game Portsmouth tournament with 20.3 points per game to go with 2.0 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.3 steals. He made 50% of his shots (21-for-42) and a tournament-best 13 threes on 30 attempts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will he be available to play for Summer League?
    RC: We'll have him here with our group soon. We'll have to work through the sequencing of contracts and I would imagine that will have an impact on when we get things done, so if the structure of the rest of our roster will impact our ability to sign a lot of players..
    This is what RC said regarding Dejonte in Summer League.
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/...ejounte-murray

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this - getting simmons off the ball is where spurs want and need him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this - getting simmons off the ball is where spurs want and need him
    Yeah. Agreed. He's uhh... kind of fine with the ball in his hands while he's driving, but he needs to learn how to play off the ball and then become more of a play-maker once the ball is back in his hands again.
    Hopefully his mentality, going in as a "senior" member of the club will be to embrace and coach on the court, which may also help his development as a player.

All this is pie in the sky conjecture, but it just may be the plan.
    Doubt it happens though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DX profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alex-Kirk-18414/

Pretty good looking jumper. He also seems to be a decent shot blocker. He reminds me a bit of Baynes, not sure if he is quite as physical though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not as thick as Baynes but he looks like a slightly better athlete with better shooting skills.

I kinda like will fight to be Aldrice PF backup him vs Lelane

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    can't wait to see more simmons. he didn't get enough playing time.

really wanna see pick n rolls with simmons & kawhi. wanted that this past season.

Thread Information