Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are missing the point. The sheriff is enforcing laws written by elected officials. EPA writes its own laws and changes them any time they want to.
    Not really missing the point. The problem here is with what the law delegated to the EPA or didn't. Congress did delegate power to the EPA, via law, to do certain things.

The SCOTUS doesn't think the power delegated covers curbing Carbon emission. So I suppose Congress will have to be more explicit next time.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump President.
    Not Clinton.
    DID THAT!!!

"Hey, Sport; suck on this."
    Travis Bickle - "Taxi Driver"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The corrupt illegitimate scotus 6 didn't get the EPA, yet
    This ruling is John Roberts incrementalism. More steps will fall for the EPA and for other agencies

Agency rulings limit the Capitalist fascist oligarchy's ability to amass Capital, so Capitalism's s on scotus have been hired and bribed to destroy the administrative state.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The corrupt illegitimate scotus 6 didn't get the EPA, yet
    This ruling is John Roberts incrementalism. More steps will fall for the EPA and for other agencies

Agency rulings limit the Capitalist fascist oligarchy's ability to amass Capital, so Capitalism's s on scotus have been hired and bribed to destroy the administrative state.
    Trump President.
    Not Clinton.
    DID THAT!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really missing the point. The problem here is with what the law delegated to the EPA or didn't. Congress did delegate power to the EPA, via law, to do certain things.

The SCOTUS doesn't think the power delegated covers curbing Carbon emission. So I suppose Congress will have to be more explicit next time.
    CC's problem is that the EPA exists at all because businesses are inconvenienced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC's problem is that the EPA exists at all because businesses are inconvenienced.
    Cry more since you're throwing a tantrum and refusing to see things objectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC with no take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no doubt about the legality of EPA existence nor the legality of it's regulatory powers as enacted by Congress.

The only doubt, at least as far as this SCOTUS goes, is to the extent of those powers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no doubt about the legality of EPA existence nor the legality of it's regulatory powers as enacted by Congress.

The only doubt, at least as far as this SCOTUS goes, is to the extent of those powers.
    The non-delegation clause will be weaponized to cripple Federal agencies as "delegated" unCons utionally by Congress.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The non-delegation clause will be weaponized to cripple Federal agencies as "delegated" unCons utionally by Congress.
    Trump President.
    Not Clinton.
    DID THAT!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing on this case was ruled uncons utional.

Congress just needs to be explicit when it delegates authority. Ultimately, the SCOTUS is beholden to the law.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry more since you're throwing a tantrum and refusing to see things objectively.
    coward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    carbon emissions tax is bull , whats the point of decreasing your output of emissions, paying another ing tax... yet some hole half way around teh globe is increasing output of emissions... and lol those island nations who still living in the bronze age wanting a payout for increase sea levels due to carbon emissions...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

carbon emissions tax is bull , whats the point of decreasing your output of emissions, paying another ing tax... yet some hole half way around teh globe is increasing output of emissions... and lol those island nations who still living in the bronze age wanting a payout for increase sea levels due to carbon emissions...

Bully, bully for you!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOW CHARLES KOCH PURCHASED THE SUPREME COURT’S EPA DECISION

Decades of contributions aimed at influencing the judiciary bought the fossil fuel billionaire the ruling he’s always wanted.

will benefit power plants and fossil fuel companies throughout the U.S. and profoundly hobble the government’s ability to address the worsening climate catastrophe.

A number of energy magnates and fossil fuel trade groups pushed for the case that could kneecap the agency and boost their profits.

But perhaps no one did more to bring West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency to the Supreme Court —

or ensure that ultraconservative justices would be on the bench to decide in the companies’ favor —

than Charles Koch.

https://theintercept.com/2022/06/30/...e-charles-koch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh off, Whinehole and quit inventing bull takes on what I do or dont think which are always wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh off, Whinehole and quit inventing bull takes on what I do or dont think which are always wrong.
    I will if you will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump President.
    Not Clinton.
    DID THAT!!!

"Hey, Sport; suck on this."
    Travis Bickle - "Taxi Driver"