Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the main team can get him set ups and activated on offense, he could be a weapon.

Defense may be another issue. He dies on screens and lateral movement and reactions are slow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the main team can get him set ups and activated on offense, he could be a weapon.

Defense may be another issue. He dies on screens and lateral movement and reactions are slow.
    Coachable deficiencies. The kid has a pro game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy I haven't seen Branham compared to is Devin Booker. He looks like and plays more like Booker than most of the guys previously mentioned (I believe).

Just needs to get the three-pointer to that level and he could be the same guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. Unless others have developed (Keldon, Vassell), Malaki is the team’s best option for late shot creation. Probably the best the Spurs have had since DeMar, and his touches don’t look like they need much dribbling to get his shot off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridiculous soft touch!

Even if it hits the rim... it's still going in!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a moment there I thought he’s a little passive in the beginning games. Somebody reminded me here that he was the same at Ohio, getting settled and finally taking off. He’s very methodical and polished and easily the best all-around scorer the Spurs have right now, at 19. It’s exciting how he develops into one of the best scorers in the league like a Beal, Booker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

in this clip and in a lot of footage ive seen of Branham, he uses the backboard a lot to bank shots. I loved it when Timmy did it, and I love it that Malaki does it. It’s a great display of skill, imo
    Love that he hits that bank while fading to his left. Those off balance, controlled pull ups is something we've missed for awhile. Patty and Marco used to hit those.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are those the old T-Macs he’s wearing? One Of the best shoes ever made. Bought a bright blue pair back in 2004 when I was 16 haha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that he hits that bank while fading to his left. Those off balance, controlled pull ups is something we've missed for awhile. Patty and Marco used to hit those.
    In-game (sort of) @ 2:27:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are those the old T-Macs he’s wearing? One Of the best shoes ever made. Bought a bright blue pair back in 2004 when I was 16 haha.
    Those old Tmacs went hard man. I loved my pair.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those old Tmacs went hard man. I loved my pair.
    What colour did you have.

https://sneakernews.com/2021/01/25/a...fx4064-fx4065/

I had these blue ones. Always wanted the white pair too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I had the white pair, which were incidentally the last white shoes I bought since I generally despise them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the white/blue pair...most uncomfortable basketball shoe EVER!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea I had these in the white & blue color-way back in the day and they were so comfortable. Great basketball shoe minus the ankle support.

Random that Malaki is rocking a green pair though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I had the matte black with blue. Used to love those shoes man. Young me was convinced they made ne faster and jump higher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the matte black with blue. Used to love those shoes man. Young me was convinced they made ne faster and jump higher.
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our most offensively skilled player on the roster

This dude is going to be so smooth on the court. Fans are going to want to mimic his moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our most offensively skilled player on the roster

This dude is going to be so smooth on the court. Fans are going to want to mimic his moves.
    In another thread someone mentioned they where looking forward to how the young players performed and mentioned Sochan and Wesley. Branham seems to have been forgotten about (I'm guilty too).
    Sochan of course he's the highest pick in decades and Wesley with his speed grabs your attention.
    He's got range and moves. If he can get his shot off against NBA players he might surprise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy I haven't seen Branham compared to is Devin Booker. He looks like and plays more like Booker than most of the guys previously mentioned (I believe).

They shot almost identically in their respective 1 college seasons: Malaki .415 Book .411

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In another thread someone mentioned they where looking forward to how the young players performed and mentioned Sochan and Wesley. Branham seems to have been forgotten about (I'm guilty too).
    Sochan of course he's the highest pick in decades and Wesley with his speed grabs your attention.
    He's got range and moves. If he can get his shot off against NBA players he might surprise.
    I saw another thread where someone was excited to see Sochan and Malaki. Wesley has probably both the highest ceiling and lowest floor, which is why he was a late FRP, but he could wind up being the best of the bunch. I’m excited to watch all three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, there's quite a bit of Booker potential in him. If he extends his range and works on his defense, he's got a very long and productive NBA career ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki gives me the Steve Smith vibes smooth and can knock out shoot the ball. I was a little concerned when Blake was outshining him with the aggressiveness. But Malaki picked it up when Primo sat. And normally a SG suffers in those pickup game types where ball dominant players hog the ball. I expect Malaki to get more when plays are set for him for a C&S situation. And yet I expect him to be also aggressive in attacking the basket.

Ideally I prefer Devin in the SG especially with his length to disrupt the point-of-attack and Keldon at SF. Ultimately Malaki will fight Devin for that SG position as early as next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki's offensive game is so smooth, definitely a huge amount of potential.
    His personality and character seem off the charts positive. I'd be pulling for him just on personality alone.
    Those are areas Devin Booker seems to have a lot of room to grow.

Thread Information