Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe McBuckets can just not play and work as our shooting coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFC, people. He isn't the only shooting coach in the NBA.
    Didn't matter if Chip was here, our team was still one of the worst at 3 point shooting and having shot creators. Spurs probably still win the same amount of games if he was still on the organization.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti working his mojo
    How many championships that dude won? Hmmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big loss, but great respect for all he's done for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo saying things but nothing at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chips won 2 why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti. Zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    03'05'07 dont count?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe OKC offered him a crazy offer. If I was an owner with a rebuilding team I wouldn't spend big money on a shooting coach either tbh.
    Even so, as I alluded to, it should have been viewed as a matter of principle.

And if you buy that he's nearly as important as he's been made out to be, wouldn't entering your first re-build in 33 years, having just expended your highest pick in 25 years on a non shooter, make him more important than ever?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even so, as I alluded to, it should have been viewed as a matter of principle.

And if you buy that he's nearly as important as he's been made out to be, wouldn't entering your first re-build in some 35 years, having just expended your highest pick in 25 years on a non shooter, make him more important than ever?

doesnt really matter now,hes gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miss Cleo saying things but nothing at all
    He just slurps the FO, and throws out some juvenile retort or accuses you of being a fake/spoiled fan if you disagree. Bottom of the barrel poster, tbh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Everyone's leaving, won't be long until we're the Vegas or Austin Spurs. You gotta expect no more than 20 or 25 wins this season with the AT&T Center being about 10% full, hence why the Spurs are playing HOME games away from San Antonio.... which no other franchise is really doing this season.
    why da fook r so many people against the move to austin its only 1 hour away.......its like they want to hinder the spurs by keeping them in a boring city when they could move to one of the best cities in all of america & attract marquee free agents........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, who is the new shooting coach?
    Steph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People automatically think money, but the problem was probably length of contract. Chip was probably looking for a contract to take him to, and maybe a little beyond, the usual retirement age. Five years would do it, since he’s 61.

The Spurs couldn’t do that because Pop is very likely to retire in just another season, or two at the most. That’s what everybody seems to think, (including me.)

When the new coach arrives he’ll want his own staff. Of course. Would he want to keep Chip? It’s impossible to answer the question. Chip has a good enough reputation that the new coach might want to retain him, but then, the new coach might want to replace him with somebody else he likes. It’s unpredictable.

Given that, the Spurs may have only been willing to offer Chip a one-year deal.

So you’ve got the Spurs only offering one year, because of the head coach question, but Chip looking for a five-year contract, to take him to the age where he might decide to retire. One year versus five years, it’s too big a difference to find agreement.

I think it was something like that. Not the money, instead, they couldn’t find common ground on the length of contract - which goes back to the general belief that Pop will retire from coaching soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People automatically think money, but the problem was probably length of contract. Chip was probably looking for a contract to take him to, and maybe a little beyond, the usual retirement age. Five years would do it, since he’s 61.

The Spurs couldn’t do that because Pop is very likely to retire in just another season, or two at the most. That’s what everybody seems to think, (including me.)

When the new coach arrives he’ll want his own staff. Of course. Would he want to keep Chip? It’s impossible to answer the question. Chip has a good enough reputation that the new coach might want to retain him, but then, the new coach might want to replace him with somebody else he likes. It’s unpredictable.

So you’ve got the Spurs only offering one year, because of the head coach question, but Chip looking for a five-year contract, to take him to the age where he might decide to retire. One year versus five years, it’s too big a difference to find agreement.

I think it was something like that. Not the money, instead, they couldn’t find common ground on the length of contract - which goes back to the general belief that Pop will retire from coaching soon.
    its kinda obvious yea. Or more money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Front offices are increasingly having a hand in the composition of coaching staffs and unless an established name like Snyder is the replacement, it wouldn't be surprising if that occurs here too.

No new coach is going to immediately dismiss a long serving shooting coach widely regarded as the best in the business (I think the whole concept/notion of such a thing is nonsense, but I digress).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why da fook r so many people against the move to austin its only 1 hour away.......its like they want to hinder the spurs by keeping them in a boring city when they could move to one of the best cities in all of america & attract marquee free agents........
    It was a happening place 20 years ago, now it's an urban mess. Nothing really special about it now. I do feel bad that they are pinned in pro sports team wise by Jerry Jones and the spurs but they got their pro soccer team so there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how much of them not agreeing to terms has to do with the Holts and how much has to do with Pop/Wright.

I'm sure Pop has some level of financial freedom with the budget to hire whom he wants.

It might just be he asked for a boat load knowing Pop was gone soon and it was a shot in the dark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can rock with this too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone's leaving, won't be long until we're the Vegas or Austin Spurs. You gotta expect no more than 20 or 25 wins this season with the AT&T Center being about 10% full, hence why the Spurs are playing HOME games away from San Antonio.... which no other franchise is really doing this season.
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree . If the Spurs want to keep the players they have and have a chance to attract free agents , they need to be in Austin.
    San Antonio old .Coach old.. Tourist attractions old and most closed by 5 pm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree . If the Spurs want to keep the players they have and have a chance to attract free agents , they need to be in Austin.
    San Antonio old .Coach old.. Tourist attractions old and most closed by 5 pm.
    Holy , some of y'all are complete idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , some of y'all are complete idiots.
    lol sanantonio "old"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was an episode in the TV series Young Sheldon, where the football coach pondered taking a job offer at Oklahoma. His whole family was against it because they didn’t want to leave Texas, but the coach wanted it because they were offering a huge salary.In the end though, he turned it down, because he couldn’t imagine leaving Texas for Oklahoma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was an episode in the TV series Young Sheldon, where the football coach pondered taking a job offer at Oklahoma. His whole family was against it because they didn’t want to leave Texas, but the coach wanted it because they were offering a huge salary.In the end though, he turned it down, because he couldn’t imagine leaving Texas for Oklahoma.
    nobody wants to live in methlahoma

Thread Information