Page 108 of 134 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3333
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t become rotational players till year 2-3. Only going to take longer with the logjam of young guys of similar talent.
    Rotation, year 2, breakout, year 3. There’s always a chance of a whiff, but you don’t quit ac ulating picks because of a few misses.

That logjam is also much smaller with our 2016, 2017, and 2018 picks no longer on the roster.

I also think we’ll trade one of our 2022 selections either next summer, or summer 2024. Even with friendly extensions like we usually get, we can’t afford 3 at one time.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rotation, year 2, breakout, year 3. There’s always a chance of a whiff, but you don’t quit ac ulating picks because of a few misses.

That logjam is also much smaller with our 2016, 2017, and 2018 picks no longer on the roster.

I also think we’ll trade one of our 2022 selections either next summer, or summer 2024. Even with friendly extensions like we usually get, we can’t afford 3 at one time.
    It's also possible that one or more of the 2022 picks just doesn't pan out and is let go like Walker or Samanic. Far too early to tell, of course, but going 3/3 on picks being worth an extension is less likely than 2/3 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah OK can only tank so long and getting all those picks you eventually need to start paying those players. I keep seeing them and Houston with the first pick in 2023 but I just don’t see that as both teams just have to much talent and players playing for new contracts to be that bad
    Very doubtful OKC finishes below us outside of injuries. I think it's possible Houston does, but with Jabari on the team moving forward, it's unlikely. He plays defense very well and is a good perimeter scorer, which is what they needed to start becoming a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t Chet a good shooter tho? He isn’t a franchise guy but he really does look like he could be a great player. If he stays healthy. I like his game as a rim protector and a shooter.

I also like Giddy. He’s got a great feel for the game and just knows how to play. He has weaknesses like you say but if he does learn how to shoot (cough cough Chip hiring cough cough) then he will be a very good player. SGA I feel like is going to be traded this year to the Lakers for Westbrook and 2 picks
    I like both Holmgren and Giddey. I just don't see them as franchise players and like I said, I think they need the proper players around them to be activated fully. Could be wrong, but I don't see these as Durant/Westbrook kinds of picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like both Holmgren and Giddey. I just don't see them as franchise players and like I said, I think they need the proper players around them to be activated fully. Could be wrong, but I don't see these as Durant/Westbrook kinds of picks.
    Hard to tell…..no one saw harden & Westbrook in that light initially either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the nets offered to trade nash and marks for pop and wright would you call that a fair trade?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the nets offered to trade nash and marks for pop and wright would you call that a fair trade?
    Don’t be that guy……

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams said it so it must be true... If true, man, no way they can have KD on that roster day one of camp. But to throw HOF Nash under the bus like that, I hope KD has to play under Nash for at least a few months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durbeta, Harden, Kyrie, Nephew. This generation can off already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to tell…..no one saw harden & Westbrook in that light initially either.
    Sure they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow pretty crazy, they hired Nash because that was KDs guy while he was in GSW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be funny when none of these guys coaches or FO personnel will attend, or in the case of HOFers, induct them into the HOF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re joking….right? Initially is the key word big dog!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is now a league where super stars dictate what teams they will play for, who teams will add to the roster, and what coaches they will play for. Kinda weird, but that is the power of a superstar today. And once they realize they have the power, they will use it.

The question is always whether they use the power for themselves or for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tsai will not bend the knee imho...Durbeta will be traded within in the next few weeks. Hopefully to Boston since he's made it known he doesnt want to play there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re joking….right? Initially is the key word big dog!
    Harden yes, Westbrook yeah. Had their detractors, but they were drafted extremely high for a reason. Neither Giddey nor Hlolmgren have franchise potential unless they really change. They're both high end complementary players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking back, 2008:

Westbrook was picked #4. Only Derrick Rose deserved to go higher, at #1, and in between were Michael Beasley and OJ Mayo, both pretty bad picks even at the time.

Looking back, 2009:

Harden was picked #3. Only Blake Griffin (possibly) deserved to go higher, at #1, and in between was Hasheem Thabeet, an absurdly stupid pick at the time.

Where's the 30 for 30 or miniseries for how Seattle/OKC tanked so hard to get Durant, Westbrook, Harden in three years in a row and Presti ed things up so bad he couldn't get a championship out of them? It is mindblowing what a massive failure that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking back, 2008:

Westbrook was picked #4. Only Derrick Rose deserved to go higher, at #1, and in between were Michael Beasley and OJ Mayo, both pretty bad picks even at the time.

Looking back, 2009:

Harden was picked #3. Only Blake Griffin (possibly) deserved to go higher, at #1, and in between was Hasheem Thabeet, an absurdly stupid pick at the time.

Where's the 30 for 30 or miniseries for how Seattle/OKC tanked so hard to get Durant, Westbrook, Harden in three years in a row and Presti ed things up so bad he couldn't get a championship out of them? It is mindblowing what a massive failure that is.
    Presti was just a good soldier. It was their ownership that ed things up. They held the line on Harden, not wanting to pay the luxury tax. The annual salary difference between the sides was $2M. Over that, they traded Harden for trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti was just a good soldier. It was their ownership that ed things up. They held the line on Harden, not wanting to pay the luxury tax. The annual salary difference between the sides was $2M. Over that, they traded Harden for trash.
    still falls on presti. same guy gave Perkins 5/40 before they were unable to come to terms with harden. same goes for giving ibaka 4/48. ibaka deal was fine, but lmao at paying perkins 8 mil per year then not being able to come to terms with harden over 2 mil.

if the owner had set a particular budget including tax, its on presti to prioritize harden over ing perkins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tsai basically just told Durant to off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant and Irving were the ones who wanted Nash...they basically said "we don't need a coach"

I have a feeling Durant doesn't like Marks because he stood up against Kyrie's anti-vax bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Harden trade was forced by ownership, yeah. But Presti was awful putting together support for his players. Other than Adams and Ibaka, his draft picks were straight toilet water and he wasn't great at picking up vets or side players to help. They only made the Finals once. One time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking back, 2008:

Looking back, 2009:

Holmgren was drafted #2 and Giddy #6….. I suspect the org has the same expectations as they did for Westbrook & Harden ( be productive players and maybe catch lightning in a bottle again!). The draft as we all know is a crapshoot, best player in 2009 draft was taken #7 go figure!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holmgren was drafted #2 and Giddy #6….. I suspect the org has the same expectations as they did for Westbrook & Harden ( be productive players and maybe catch lightning in a bottle again!). The draft as we all know is a crapshoot, best player in 2009 draft was taken #7 go figure!
    Holmgren and Giddey simply are not those types of players. They are both complementary. I can't imagine MVP level production from either of them as they got from the previous three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Tsai going scorched earth. He can afford it.

You love to see it.

Thread Information