Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In two months, it will almost be the regular season tip off. Training camp is legit a month away, in September. I think they were holding MAX cap room to do a potential Westbrook trade, and this could indicate that's no longer on the table. They'll have plenty of cap room to rent out, even with signing Gorgui, still over $30M.
    Ah you're right, my timing was way off.

At least we'll have something else to talk about soon other than fantastical trades and Dejoune drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Phoenix has called yet. They want to get out of salary to avoid the tax, having paid Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In two months, it will almost be the regular season tip off. Training camp is legit a month away, in September. I think they were holding MAX cap room to do a potential Westbrook trade, and this could indicate that's no longer on the table. They'll have plenty of cap room to rent out, even with signing Gorgui, still over $30M.
    The Spurs probably got tired of waiting around for something to move. Lakers probably tried to play hard ball on their picks. I'm glad we're not doing those guys any favors. Two unprotected firsts might have made that worthwhile, but I'm always happy when the Lakers get hosed for their bad decisions. Getting them out of their mess didn't resonate well with me.

FTL.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs probably got tired of waiting around for something to move. Lakers probably tried to play hard ball on their picks. I'm glad we're not doing those guys any favors. Two unprotected firsts might have made that worthwhile, but I'm always happy when the Lakers get hosed for their bad decisions. Getting them out of their mess didn't resonate well with me.

FTL.
    The Dieng signing also could have been a signal to the Lakers that the Spurs aren't going to wait around forever. It doesn't kill a potential Westbrook deal just yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what, I guess you're right in the sense that having some sort of a vet on the team is beneficial to a squad full of young bucks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might be the case. Maybe the Lakers really are keeping Russ. Hard (but not impossible) to believe they're rolling back mostly the same roster as last year.
    Hope so, Russ is my favorite Laker since 2015 Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Russ on the Lakers up at least until the trade deadline will be fun to watch, and take away some of the sting of the Spurs being a bottom tier team for this season.

Thread Information