Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,138 of 1138
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't the problem. He was forcing the issue looking for calls. All he has to do is do what he did all game... Just probe and dissect. He played with a lot of poise and patience. Then when the game got on the line, it's like he forgot everything he did all game and made what appeared to be forced drives to the basket when it just wasn't clearly there. Pop helping him to overcome this will be key for our ceiling. Pop needs to be the DeMar whisperer tbh.
    What you noticed it's the same criticism he's had for his career in the playoffs.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how he wants to improve the defense without any defenders?
    Pop lost his best defender last year (Leonard) but had Murray, Green, and Anderson. This is a valid question, given the small sample size indicates there's a lot of work to be done.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you noticed it's the same criticism he's had for his career in the playoffs.
    some TOR fans on Twitter were surprised DeMar was capable of actually beating LeBron. Says a lot about what they think of him especially on crunch time. It's most likely a mental/killer instinct issue, hopefully it gets fixed one way or another.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't the problem. He was forcing the issue looking for calls. All he has to do is do what he did all game... Just probe and dissect. He played with a lot of poise and patience. Then when the game got on the line, it's like he forgot everything he did all game and made what appeared to be forced drives to the basket when it just wasn't clearly there. Pop helping him to overcome this will be key for our ceiling. Pop needs to be the DeMar whisperer tbh.
    He was tired by the 4th, yet looked to attack inside. That was a very good sign tbh , most would settle for jumpers. Falls on pop for not giving him a breather. Demar played 17min straight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Pop has nightmares about this when he sleeps at night, considering he values defense more than offense. Hopefully he can improve some of it through coaching although the personell is not ideal
    Pop seems to have transitioned to an offense-above-defense coach in the very season that the NBA has become a defense-optional league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I agree. But he is a whole 3 games into his Spurs career and already has a career high assists game under his belt. I would add that almost had a triple double, too; however, in this new NBA, triple doubles will be depreciated severely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was tired by the 4th, yet looked to attack inside. That was a very good sign tbh , most would settle for jumpers. Falls on pop for not giving him a breather. Demar played 17min straight.
    Prolly was tired, but jumpers aren't the only alternative. He needed to continue with the passing game that had already netted him a new career high in that department.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping the Spurs culture can remedy this. I'm very confident the team and Pop can. If he can get over his yips, as well as improve his D, we could be really good. He's a lot more well rounded offensively then Kawhi and is a much better fit for our team and modern basketball. The ball has been moving. We are averaging like 30 assists per game. The flow is great. We just got to surround him with some people that can lock down on D and shoot with range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how he wants to improve the defense without any defenders?
    Well he should have two perimeter players that enhance the defense back within a few weeks or so. That should hopefully improve not only half court but also our piss poor transition D.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I agree. But he is a whole 3 games into his Spurs career and already has a career high assists game under his belt. I would add that almost had a triple double, too; however, in this new NBA, triple doubles will be depreciated severely.
    Yeah I didn't want to take anything away from him, he had an amazing game, but I'm concerned about Raptors DeMar and in the playoffs. You can change teams all you want but this type of issue isn't laziness or lack of effort, it's mental. He has to overcome this. I believe Pop and crew can help him with his demons and if that's the case we could be dangerous. It's all that's keeping him from superstar status. He's got the game, now he just has to become a closer. Right now we have two beta and a halves. We need an alpha for late game situations. That was actually Manu last lol.

I'm not buying that for one second man. This is do ented. Ask a Raptor fan. I love what DeMar can do but, he doesn't need excuses bro. He was choking hard as they say. He was a different player. He lost his poise and patience and was bull rushing the rim begging for calls. I'm not trying to take anything away from, I just know he needs to work on keeping his composure so when the real dance begins he doesn't do the same thing he did in Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you are adopted and we don't like you.
    'You know how you used to think we favored your brother? Well, you weren't imagining that.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some TOR fans on Twitter were surprised DeMar was capable of actually beating LeBron. Says a lot about what they think of him especially on crunch time. It's most likely a mental/killer instinct issue, hopefully it gets fixed one way or another.
    Lesson for him: Watch film and learn.

He will be here whether he s himself in the playoffs or not IMO (see Lamarcus). Stars are not easy to replace anyways, so I hope for the best. They have all season to figure that out too.

Thread Information