Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1954
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huerter for finals MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Jackson: “Chris Paul getting this team to the finals is more impressive than some teams winning it all”

This guy…
    oh my ing god.. you see this is why i didnt want the lame ass suns to get to the finals. they literally beat no one at full strength

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No such thing as a cheap ring when you aren’t talking super teams.
    A cheap ring is a cheap ring.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Nah man.

You gotta have health and luck and be able to beat the opposing team and the refs multiple games and series and in the end, the last team standing survived the gauntlet.

Only way a ring is cheap is Durant joining Warriors or James’ Heat type .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man.

You gotta have health and luck and be able to beat the opposing team and the refs multiple games and series and in the end, the last team standing survived the gauntlet.

Only way a ring is cheap is Durant joining Warriors or James’ Heat type .
    Not facing a single healthy team, and often teams with multiple players out and each time their very best players, is cheap. Full stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh my ing god.. you see this is why i didnt want the lame ass suns to get to the finals. they literally beat no one at full strength
    I'm a big believer in the old saying... "You can only play who's in front of you."

, their lottery pick from last year isn't even playing. Remarkable story of their progression since really just the bubble.
    Suns have dealt with their own injuries this post season and they were close to the #1 record all year as well. I feel they'd be as a deserving champ as anybody.

The Spurs have had help with injuries along their various le roads too. Just part of the game and journey to a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huerter for finals MVP.
    Or Forbes LOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a big believer in the old saying... "You can only play who's in front of you."

, their lottery pick from last year isn't even playing. Remarkable story of their progression since really just the bubble.
    Suns have dealt with their own injuries this post season and they were close to the #1 record all year as well. I feel they'd be as a deserving champ as anybody.

The Spurs have had help with injuries along their various le roads too. Just part of the game and journey to a championship.
    Not like this though where every star player on the opposing team is hurt, giannis maybe out too. A little part of me hates the Suns fans and their owner as well, I really dont want them to know what a championship feels like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like this though where every star player on the opposing team is hurt, giannis maybe out too. A little part of me hates the Suns fans and their owner as well, I really dont want them to know what a championship feels like
    Lesser of evils though.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Not facing a single healthy team, and often teams with multiple players out and each time their very best players, is cheap. Full stop.
    Nah. It’s literally the game, dude. ing sucks, but it’s the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lesser of evils though.
    Yeah, best case is Milwaukee or Atlanta hoisting the LOB. I’d especially ing laugh if trae young somehow beat chris Paul in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. It’s literally the game, dude. ing sucks, but it’s the game.
    No . But it's a cheap ring.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys why are you arguing about unrelative stuff...
    That pc of and his team are out .. i am celebrating

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care who wins it all now that the 2 LA teams are now gone. I will say that Giannis' injury is disappointing since the finals will not be compe ive. Suns will destroy the Hawks or a Bucks team without Giannis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed. Suns were consistently good all year with them finishing with the number 2 seed. They put themselves in a position to succeed. I believe when your consistently good that luck will eventually break your way. You can say it did for the Suns with all the injuries to opposing teams but they are still deserving of winning it all due to all the hard work they put in getting the number 2 seed.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah man a ring is a ring, nobody out here anymore talking about how the warriors always won when their opponents were injured because when time moves on people forget and all you're left with is that a certain team won

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah man a ring is a ring, nobody out here anymore talking about how the warriors always won when their opponents were injured because when time moves on people forget and all you're left with is that a certain team won

Spurs were widely considered an * in '99. You think david,sean or aj are giving that ring back?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the beginning of this series i was rooting for C.Paul but his flopping was too much for my taste and that was the end of that. I ended up rooting for nobody, who cares tbh, fck em all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still counts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were widely considered an * in '99. You think david,sean or aj are giving that ring back?
    LeBron has two of those * rings 2013 shortened season and last year Bubble ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care who wins it all now that the 2 LA teams are now gone. I will say that Giannis' injury is disappointing since the finals will not be compe ive. Suns will destroy the Hawks or a Bucks team without Giannis.
    Hawks could be without Trae Young too, making things even less compe ive.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Being healthy is an underrated NBA skill.

Suns have the NBA’s best record since the bubble. The best road record. The best record vs .500 or better teams. They are a top 3 defense and top-5 offense. They are the top mid-range team. They finished 1 game out of the best record overall and went 3-0 vs the team who finished ahead of them. Suns were a collective 11-6 vs the top-4 seeds in each NBA conference with 3 losses being in the final minute or OT.

The Suns have, for once, had a few lucky breaks, but were good enough to win the whole ing thing anyways, so anyone downplaying can take the entirety of NBA history and themselves with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being healthy is an underrated NBA skill.

Suns have the NBA’s best record since the bubble. The best road record. The best record vs .500 or better teams. They are a top 3 defense and top-5 offense. They are the top mid-range team. They finished 1 game out of the best record overall and went 3-0 vs the team who finished ahead of them. Suns were a collective 11-6 vs the top-4 seeds in each NBA conference with 3 losses being in the final minute or OT.

The Suns have, for once, had a few lucky breaks, but were good enough to win the whole ing thing anyways, so anyone downplaying can take the entirety of NBA history and themselves with it.
    For the record, I'm not one to discount the Sun's run, or any le for that matter. Everybody this year dealt with a condensed season, and COVID protocols, and injuries. It's not like the playing field was uneven, some teams just fared better than others.

As much as I hate to say it, the same applied for the Lakers bubble ring. 16+ teams went into that bubble with a chance to win, and Lakers won out.

Spurs had their fair share of years derailed by injury....Timmy's knee in 2000, Manu's arm in 2011, etc. Then you've got 0.4, Manu's foul, Ray Allen's three... just happens sometimes.

Not gonna deny that the Suns have been very fortunate during this run, but that's not their fault. You can only play the teams that are in front of you and nearly every champion gets their fair share of lucky breaks, whether it's due to injury or seeding or just weird bounces or whatever.

It's not like they are some 8-seed pulling an upset, they are showing that they were the 2nd best team in the West for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be really interesting to see what happens to the Clippers this summer. Most teams would call a WCF run a fairly successful season, and they can always use the excuse of Kawhi's injury for not making the Finals.

Still, they went all-in on a PG and Kawhi combo for a short championship window, and have now failed to reach the Finals twice and struggled mightily in the playoffs even when healthy. Got upset in the Semi's last year after being up 3-1, then managed to go down 0-2 every series this year even when (mostly) healthy.

I can see many different ways that the plug gets pulled on this experiment. Is their weight behind the rumors of Kawhi being unhappy? Does PG want to continue to play sidekick? If both come back, do they really have any money or assets to improve, or is the best case scenario running it back and hoping for a better result?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree, but even if the suns win, it won't be as a result of anything the suns did against the spurs. but i'm rooting for whoever comes out of the east.

Thread Information