Page 392 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2923423823883893903913923933943953964024424928921392 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the liberals were downright giddy at the thought that them Trumpster rednecks would die at a higher rate because of their culture (diet), it's an invalid point to them now though.
    That doesn't seem to be an attempt to identify weak areas of the federal response to the ongoing pandemic. Why is that not of interest to you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Sociopath’ Trump gets pounded for demanding the COVID-19 pandemic be ‘quickly forgotten’ after it ends

“Once we OPEN UP OUR GREAT COUNTRY, and

it will be sooner rather than later,

the horror of the Invisible Enemy,

except for those that sadly lost a family member or friend,

must be quickly forgotten,”

the president wrote on Twitter.

“Our Economy will BOOM, perhaps like never before!!!”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/soc..._campaign=4239

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It would seem that we have flattened the curve in a lot of places. Thankfully.

How long can we keep up hunkering down?

Evidence available says: Letting up too soon will be like not doing it at all in the first place, and will make the problem explode.

What policy will Trump push for? Let up, or stay hunkered down for a while longer?
    Sounds like it will be a mixed approach of relaxed distancing in green zones and strict shelter in place in red zones.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sounds like it will be a mixed approach of relaxed distancing in green zones and strict shelter in place in red zones.
    Makes the most sense. I've heard a combination of allowing certain businesses that are somewhat essential to slowly open back up along with those who are under 40 to return to the workforce. Also taking into account the hotspot areas vs areas that have not been hit as hard.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Makes the most sense. I've heard a combination of allowing certain businesses that are somewhat essential to slowly open back up along with those who are under 40 to return to the workforce. Also taking into account the hotspot areas vs areas that have not been hit as hard.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=yYYRek8e

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Israeli COVID-19 treatment shows 100% survival rate - preliminary data

Six critically ill coronavirus patients in Israel who are considered high-risk for mortality have been treated with Pluristem’s placenta-based cell-therapy product and survived, according to preliminary data provided by the Haifa-based company.
    The patients were treated at three different Israeli medical centers for one week under the country’s compassionate use program and were suffering from acute respiratory failure and inflammatory complications associated with COVID-19. Four of the patients also demonstrated failure of other organ systems, including cardiovascular and kidney failure.

Not only have all the patients survived, according to Pluristem, but four of them showed improvement in respiratory parameters and three of them are in the advanced stages of weaning from ventilators. Moreover, two of the patients with preexisting medical conditions are showing clinical recovery in addition to the respiratory improvement.

“We are pleased with this initial outcome of the compassionate use program and committed to harnessing PLX cells for the benefit of patients and healthcare systems,” said Pluristem CEO and president Yaky Yanay. “Pluristem is dedicated to using its compe ive advantages in large-scale manufacturing to potentially deliver PLX cells to a large number of patients in significant need.”

Pluristem’s PLX cells are “allogeneic mesenchymal-like cells that have immunomodulatory properties,” meaning they induce the immune system’s natural regulatory T cells and M2 macro es, the company explained in a previous release. The result could be the reversal of dangerous overactivation of the immune system. This would likely reduce the fatal symptoms of pneumonia and pneumonitis (general inflammation of lung tissue).

Previous preclinical findings regarding PLX cells revealed significant therapeutic effects in animal studies of pulmonary hypertension, lung fibrosis, acute kidney injury and gastrointestinal injury.

Pluristem plans to apply for initiation of a multinational clinical trial for the treatment of complications associated with coronavirus, the release said, noting that it will no longer report on its compassionate use trials but rather on the status and progress of its contemplated clinical trial. The company is already in discussions with regulators in the United States and Europe to “define our clinical strategy for COVID-19,” Yanay added.

https://m.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/I...mpression=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And this model has been moving projections down every few days. Let's hope that trend continues.
    That model is just for an initial wave. You should read the FAQ they have published. In other words, the moment we relax social distancing (they assume we keep it through August) that model is no longer a valid scenario.

We are going to have a 2nd wave. And then probably more after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is that? I'm just curious. Are you trying to say we intentionally allocate health care to certain demographics over others? asking for a friend. thx
    We ration health care by ability to pay, and through employment.

For non-whites, the ability to pay and employment tend to skew negative. Even within similar health groups, african americans are treated differently, which is why they experience worse outcomes for the same conditions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the virus won't crest everywhere at the same time

Trash and his mafiya plan to put people back to work at those peoples' risk, about which Trash gives not the tiniest .

As severely mentally, intellectually, emotionally ill sociopath, he'll accept 10Ks gratuitously sick and dead to get reelected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would seem that we have flattened the curve in a lot of places. Thankfully.

How long can we keep up hunkering down?

Evidence available says: Letting up too soon will be like not doing it at all in the first place, and will make the problem explode.

What policy will Trump push for? Let up, or stay hunkered down for a while longer?
    I'm not so afraid of us relaxing the measures because we have to eventually. What I am afraid of is relaxing them with little to no tracking in place and still with a testing shortfall. There doesn't seem to be any move towards the appropriate framework at the federal level and states can't handle the level of tracking and testing that is needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertp.../#1e5668b47869

and go to here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/25/u...way-to-go.html

A systematic review published in Academic Emergency Medicine gathered all the research on physicians that measured implicit bias with the Implicit Association Test and included some assessment of clinical decision making. Most of the nine studies used vignettes to test what physicians would do in certain situations.

The majority of studies found an implicit preference for white patients, especially among white physicians. Two found a relationship between this bias and clinical decision making. One found that this bias was associated with a greater chance that whites would be treated for myocardial infarction than African-Americans.

This study was published in 2017.

The Implicit Association Test has its flaws. Although its authors maintain that it measures external influences, it’s not clear how well it predicts individual behavior. Another, bigger systematic review of implicit bias in health care professionals was published in BMC Ethics, also in 2017. The researchers gathered 42 studies, only 15 of which used the Implicit Association Test, and concluded that physicians are just like everyone else. Their biases are consistent with those of the general population.

The researchers also cautioned that these biases are likely to affect diagnosis and care.

A study published three years earlier in the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine surveyed 543 internal medicine and family physicians who had been presented with vignettes of patients with severe osteoarthritis. The survey asked the doctors about the medical cooperativeness of the patients, and whether they would recommend a total knee replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The curve overall is indeed flattening and that is great news. It comes with caveats, however:

-We're still not prepared for a 2nd wave. We need to be fixing that before we relax these measures.

-We're still not certain that there is a decline after this initial flattening. A flat curve is not that great if it doesn't decline afterwards.

We have seen decline in places like Wuhan after the measures were put into place. We're seeing that here. But the level of isolation in both places has been different. It is entirely possible that we've flattened the curve to stop a doubling time of under a week but its also possible that our level of social distancing is only enough to flatten and not reduce the long term threat. In other words, if we keep adding 30k cases a day with no reduction, then you're still looking at a healthcare system collapse. It will just take longer to get there. We need a DECLINE. First you gotta crawl before you walk, so this is good, but people really need to recognize where we are and not get overzealous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. blacks are being killed by covid at much higher rate than whites, they don't know why

and 1000s of people under 40 people are also being killed

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

For non-whites, the ability to pay and employment tend to skew negative
    . Even within similar health groups, african americans are treated differently, which is why they experience worse outcomes for the same conditions.
    What do you think the reason for that is tho? I don't disagree that employment and income skew negative for non-whites. Do you think there's a racial discriminatory reason for that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC considers relaxing coronavirus guidelines, letting some Americans return to work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can squash the curve completely, if we find effective therapeutics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not so afraid of us relaxing the measures because we have to eventually. What I am afraid of is relaxing them with little to no tracking in place and still with a testing shortfall. There doesn't seem to be any move towards the appropriate framework at the federal level and states can't handle the level of tracking and testing that is needed.
    Agreed. 100% We will have to relax eventually, and need a ready framework to track and test.

The problem is the Bug Brigade in the right-wing media, the people with the least grasp on reality, are the ones that Dear Leader is watching instead of working.

My fear:

His ego will push him to claim victory early, do a victory lap, get the photo-op in front of the "mission accomplished" banner, and then we will be in a world of hurt.

By the end of the month Captain Bonespurs Mcsundown will have grown bored and overconfident after listening to experts for almost two whole months. He will relent a bit, and the Republican governors will all declare their states to be honkey dorey for fear of contradicting him.

I am not so worried about mid-April as mid-June.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think the reason for that is tho? I don't disagree that employment and income skew negative for non-whites. Do you think there's a racial discriminatory reason for that?
    Send identical resumes to any set of employers.

Give one the name "Jaquan"
    and the other the name "Jordon" or "John".

See which one gets the call back for an interview.

Minorities Who 'Whiten' Job Resumes Get More Interviews
    https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minoritie...ore-interviews
    yeah, that's racist.

Doctors don't listen as closely to black patients, employers don't call them back for interviews, they don't get loans at the same rate, it goes on and on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. blacks are being killed by covid at much higher rate than whites, they don't know why

and 1000s of people under 40 people are also being killed
    Higher poverty explains that fairly squarely.

Higher poverty= less able to work from home = worse health in general = more likely to live in multi-family dwellings that provide more spread of respiratory illness.

Not overly surprising. Expected, and yet another failure of the american system.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can squash the curve completely, if we find effective therapeutics.
    Therapeutics is after we get infected but yes, we would have less deaths. How invasive/expensive the procedures are is the real sum game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For non-whites, the ability to pay and employment tend to skew negative. Even within similar health groups, african americans are treated differently, which is why they experience worse outcomes for the same conditions.
    Covid19 treatment is free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC considers relaxing coronavirus guidelines, letting some Americans return to work
    yeah sure

Im not going back to work unless I can buy sanitizer, alcohol, and facial masks at my neighborhood store

Orangegutan and his Big Opening. he can stick it up his big orange culo

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man, it's only testing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like 15, then zero, in warmer April in will disappear, magic!

Coronavirus unlikely to significantly diminish with warm weather, National Academies of Sciences panel finds

These findings are in line with previous studies offering

hypotheses regarding how the virus may behave in warmer and more humid conditions and

is an attempt to help distill the evidence for and against reduced virus transmissibility during warm weather.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...=nl_tyh&wpmk=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link or bull

Thread Information