Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, this isn't from The Onion. This is real. This is how absurd the charges of sexism have become. I am starting to think that the GOP has no idea what "sexist" or "sexism" means.....

Link

John McCain adviser Carly Fiorina called comedian Tina Fey "sexist" and "disrespectful" Monday in response to Fey's impression of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) on Saturday Night Live.

Asked what she thought of Fey's impression on MSNBC, Fiorina conceded only that "well, I think that she looked a bit like her."

"I think that, of course, the portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin as totally superficial," Fiorina said.

"I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme, and yes, I would say, sexist in the sense that just because Sarah Palin has different views than Hillary Clinton does not mean that she lacks substance. She has a lot of substance."

MITC : You are the first person from the McCain campaign I can ask, what did you think of Tina Fey as Sarah Palin?

FIORINA: Well, I think that she looked a bit like her. I think that, of course, the portrait was very dismissive of the substance of Sarah Palin, and so in that sense, they were defining Hillary Clinton as very substantive, and Sarah Palin as totally superficial. I think that continues the line of argument that is disrespectful in the extreme, and yes, I would say, sexist in the sense that just because Sarah Palin has different views than Hillary Clinton does not mean that she lacks substance. She has a lot of substance.

I don't think Carly Fiorina would know sexism if it came up to her, grabbed her ass, and then paid her seventy-seven cents on the dollar for the pleasure of doing so....
    Last edited by Mr. Peabody; 09-15-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just looking at the comment from Fiorina, either they have no idea what sexist means, or they think Hilary's a man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the best they can come up with? Wow they are really reaching on that one.....

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Good God.........It was Saturday Night Live, they make fun of politicians, it's what they do.

Lighten up America.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Carly should have laughed it off or said she looks forward to the next Obama skit. ---I think Tina was funny but not as hot as Sara.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Although it goes both ways. Many libs I've spoken with treat the Daily Show as an actual source of news.

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just sexism.
    In general, Americans (perhaps the world. I don't have that experience)have become too sensitive on a lot of issues.
    People are expected to be so politically correct now that that no one ever really speaks their mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow just STFU mccain camp and do work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Carly should have laughed it off or said she looks forward to the next Obama skit. ---I think Tina was funny but not as hot as Sara.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing an Obama skit as well.
    Actually Mad tv had one with him Sat. He was blabbering on about "Change". It was pretty funny.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Although it goes both ways. Many libs I've spoken with treat the Daily Show as an actual source of news.
    You say that like it's an insult:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/18/...oreilly-dobbs/

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Did you read that entire article and the links associated with it? Hannity has a higher rating then all four of those shows.

But the poll was ing dumb in the first place. It asked regular viewers a whopping three questions, and the best part is that you are bragging about 35% of the people getting all three right.

It's pathetic that we've reached a point in which 35% is something to brag about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tina Fey is HOT!

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    up until she opens her mouth.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Is the GOP still flogging that corpse? Forget about the lipstick. The second part of Obama’s carefully chosen words were about a fish wrapped in paper that still stinks. You know what that means????? Obama said her pussy stinks! WTF John McCain!???!!! You need to get on that!!!!!

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just looking at the comment from Fiorina, either they have no idea what sexist means, or they think Hilary's a man.
    I don't care who you are, that, right there, is funny!

So was the SNL skit. Fey had Palin down pat. Good job!

The Wheel Is Turning... shelshor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing an Obama skit as well.
    Actually Mad tv had one with him Sat. He was blabbering on about "Change". It was pretty funny.
    An eerie foreshadowing of things to come:
    20 + years ago on NBCs Cheers, Woody, the peckerwood bartender, got a wild hair and decided to run for city council
    When one of the other regulars ponted out that Woody didn't know anything about running a political campaign, his response was was that he would just pick his best picture, blow it up into a poster, put his name and the word "CHANGE" on it
    When it was pointed out that he didn't know anything about politics, his response was that anytime a reporter asked a question, or a TV camera was on him, he would say one word: "CHANGE"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sarah actually thought it was funny. She's sexist!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved it!! Can't wait for four more years of Tina Fey / Sarah Palin impressions!!

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved it!! Can't wait for four more years of Tina Fey / Sarah Palin impressions!!
    That's the spirit.

Truth, justice, and the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, this should seal the deal for anyone still thinking they're voting for McSame. We need a president with a ing sense of humor, because in dark times, that's often all you got.

Here's a president with a sense of humor:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWlpvOPKXc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can a skit that she says defines Hillary as substantive then be called sexist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah, SNL best bet now is to start looking for someone to play Obama/Biden.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, SNL best bet now is to start looking for someone to play Obama/Biden.
    Armisen/Hammond, there you go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let Tina played Sarah. The portrayal was a non-issue. Next topic please.

Thread Information