Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I agree with LAC’s FO being called amazing but hard to disagree in hindsight with what happened to Detroit as a result of the trade.
    That same FO is the one who gave Griffin that contract in the first place. imo they were lucky that the Pistons were willing to overpay that much. That second deal was legit very good, though another example of a dumb team overpaying.

Developing players and flipping them to teams with dumb FOs is a viable strategy to improve.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of picks would we need to give for this trade?? Keeping in mind that Atlanta would get rid of Gallinari’s contract since he has underperformed.

ATL: Aldridge & Vassell (or Walker)
    SAS: Gallinari & Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR will not be traded even though the Spurs might get something nice in return. He is 50/50 to resign with Spurs and 30/70 to be part of a sign and trade. LMA will not be traded cause the only thing they can get in return is a long term contract on another player. LMA will 100% walk at the end of the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar will not be traded unless whoever is brought back in the trade helps the team win now. This is assuming the Spurs are still fighting for a playoff spot. Trading DeMar and then risk missing the playoffs when you were on track to get in will be horrible from a PR standpoint. Spurs are not known to take such risks. I don't think there's anyone like that we can trade for, so any trade involving DeMar will likely happen in the offseason.

You can apply the same reasoning with the other vets, but they're not really big engines on the team and their production could easily be replaced. DeMar is a big part of our offense. Not saying he's great at it, in fact I prefer an offense without him in it. But the reality is we have to look at it from the Spurs' point of view: do they think they would be able to replace his production with our young guys? If Lonnie was further along, I would say maybe.

Exactly. We shouldn't be trading for the sake of trading. It's fun to play gm here and there. But spurs will.trafr to get better. Not to have fun cause patfo is bored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of picks would we need to give for this trade?? Keeping in mind that Atlanta would get rid of Gallinari’s contract since he has underperformed.

ATL: Aldridge & Vassell (or Walker)
    SAS: Gallinari & Collins
    Spurs are not trading Vassell. He has more upside than Collins, oh, and Gallinari is a China doll. Just look at his consistently low games played each season. He makes too much money for playing 60 games.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not trading Vassell. He has more upside than Collins, oh, and Gallinari is a China doll. Just look at his consistently low games played each season. He makes too much money for playing 60 games.
    You're a Porzingis fan, aren't you? Weird for you to call Gallo a china doll while stanning for Porky. I'm not a fan or either player because of their injury history. Just calling out the lack of consistency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallo makes Zinger look like an iron man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only person I can see being traded is Gay. His contract is reasonable and their will be teams interested in him. If Luka continues improve Rudy becomes expendable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance the Celtics offer a 1st for just Gay, I was thinking of adding Mills to that 3-teamer but your trade is simpler and works financially.

I still don't know if the Hawks take that deal but a possible lottery pick, and a decent young player, for a player that the Hawks probably aren't that excited to pay the max to, is a compe ive offer.

To Hawks: Gordon, Walker IV

To Magic: DeRozan, Eubanks

To Spurs: Collins, Snell, Bamba, Ennis III
    There's various permutations that could work after the Gordon, DeRozan, Collins base. This would obviously come down to picking Collins over Gordon, which is debatable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Higher upside than Collins is a tough thing to sell. At this point I’d be happy if Vassell can put up the stats of Haliburton haha

But anyway, let’s say it’s Walker. How many picks to make that work or do you feel it is an even trade??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That same FO is the one who gave Griffin that contract in the first place. imo they were lucky that the Pistons were willing to overpay that much. That second deal was legit very good, though another example of a dumb team overpaying.

Developing players and flipping them to teams with dumb FOs is a viable strategy to improve.
    Without question, though atypical of what makes the Spurs so unique. They genuinely care for their players, seeing beyond the raw numerical production to the character underneath.

Love or Hate their MO, they care just as much about a potential landing spot for a Spur as the subsequent remuneration.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we weren't right now making playoffs I think we would be seeing one or two players moved but at this point I think Spurs stand pat. Now I would like for them to have the phone open to trades and if something truly comes that will make us better down the line then they should go for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a Porzingis fan, aren't you? Weird for you to call Gallo a china doll while stanning for Porky. I'm not a fan or either player because of their injury history. Just calling out the lack of consistency.
    Most of Porzingod’s missed time was due to one ACL tear. He missed the end of one season, in which time he was traded, one whole season, and the beginning of the following season.

Like a good season for Gallo in the last 8-10 years is 68 games his last year with the Clippers. He had two seasons in the 20s, and also had his own missed season in 2013. His numbers have really cratered, less than 11 ppg. If you just compare present salary and production, KP still dropping 20/8 with a blocked shot, and shooting pretty well from 3 is a pretty easy choice. I have, however, soured on KP, because of family representation. His brother, also his agent, is supposedly a piece of work, and I’m really done with pushy families.

I’d take a hard pass on both.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are all traumatized with family representation. Haha

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only person I can see being traded is Gay. His contract is reasonable and their will be teams interested in him. If Luka continues improve Rudy becomes expendable.
    Contenders may look for Gay, he can play small ball with an expiring contract.
    Also Mills is a reliable PG backup for a contender like PHI but Pop is in love with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Blake Griffin has cleared free agency waivers and the six-time NBA All-Star is expected to sign with the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
    4:00pm · 7 Mar 2021 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Blake Griffin has cleared free agency waivers and the six-time NBA All-Star is expected to sign with the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
    4:00pm · 7 Mar 2021 · TweetDeck
    Good to see they got a solid defensive big to shore up their defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25. Orlando Magic | PR: 29 ↑
    Will the Magic pull the plug?

The Magic have some tough decisions to make in the coming weeks. They’re 13-23, second-worst record in the East, with the league’s third-worst net rating. Ranking them 25th might be generous, but that’s because they have some good players on their team that front offices want.

The Heat, Spurs, Celtics, and Hornets have all expressed significant interest in acquiring All-Star center Nikola Vucevic, league sources say. Vucevic, 30, is averaging 24.6 points and 3.7 assists while hitting 41.2 percent of his 3s and grabbing 11.6 rebounds per game. Front office executives around the league are skeptical that the Magic will end up pulling the trigger on a deal, though, given that Vucevic has two more seasons left on his contract; if they do, the price would be high.

The Magic are also receiving calls on two veterans in the backcourt, Terrence Ross and Evan Fournier. League sources say the Hornets are among teams to express interest in Fournier, while the Nuggets have inquired about Ross. Orlando will have options. It’s just a matter of whether teams pay up.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3...-brooklyn-nets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25. Orlando Magic | PR: 29 ↑
    Will the Magic pull the plug?

The Magic have some tough decisions to make in the coming weeks. They’re 13-23, second-worst record in the East, with the league’s third-worst net rating. Ranking them 25th might be generous, but that’s because they have some good players on their team that front offices want.

The Heat, Spurs, Celtics, and Hornets have all expressed significant interest in acquiring All-Star center Nikola Vucevic, league sources say. Vucevic, 30, is averaging 24.6 points and 3.7 assists while hitting 41.2 percent of his 3s and grabbing 11.6 rebounds per game. Front office executives around the league are skeptical that the Magic will end up pulling the trigger on a deal, though, given that Vucevic has two more seasons left on his contract; if they do, the price would be high.

The Magic are also receiving calls on two veterans in the backcourt, Terrence Ross and Evan Fournier. League sources say the Hornets are among teams to express interest in Fournier, while the Nuggets have inquired about Ross. Orlando will have options. It’s just a matter of whether teams pay up.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3...-brooklyn-nets
    Finally some interesting news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what the deal would be obviously LMA to match salary but picks, any of our youngins?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Magic have a surprisingly dirty cap sheet ($124M committed next season) for such a bad team. I wonder how much of them possibly being willing to move Vucevic is salary relief, as opposed to only acquiring assets. I assume Poeltl would be part of the trade because he's on a very team-friendly deal and probably wouldn't like going back to the bench much. Gay + Poeltl + 1st probably gets it done, but that could be a high price to pay for a 30-year-old big, even though his contract is pretty good considering his production.

Vucevic shoots 41.2% on threes on 6.5 attempts per game. Having him instead of Poeltl would really goose the offense, especially with low-3PAr players like Murray and DeRozan in the starting lineup (assuming DDR stays). I haven't watched the Magic at all, though, so while I'm pretty sure Vucevic would be a marked downgrade on defense from Poeltl, I don't know how big that downgrade would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Vuc but the Spurs defense is going to fall off a cliff if they trade Poeltl or his minutes go down substantially

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't see a reason to want Vucevic with Poeltl playing so well. Gordon is the only moveable piece that makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time seeing us being interested in Vuc the way this team is constructed. I definitely think we'd be interested in Gordon and if we wanted a bigger deal maybe Fournier or Ross along with Gordon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't keep tabs on this guy. Can he play PF alongside Poeltl? Would he be upset coming off the bench? Maybe the idea is to trade him to a third team and that's where the interest comes from if it is at all legitimate.

Thread Information