Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2513
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That all said, I think it would've been interesting to have gotten Nance back instead of Aminu, but likely that would've prevented the Spurs from getting a first-rounder from Chicago. Larry is a rotation-caliber big who can and usually does play the four. That probably means Collins wouldn't've been signed, giving the Spurs $7 Million more to work with. Or they could've done the deal as is and probably gotten a better first back than the one Chicago gave up. Hopefully the Bulls getting back a first means they're going to keep trying to "win now" and be more likely to convey that first to the Spurs in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Nance goes to Portland in the deal...Jones Jr and draft capital to Chicago
    Yep, Chicago gets a 1st and a 2nd along with DJJ for a player they didnt even want. Solid deal for them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I like this move for Cleveland. He's a good fit next to Allen while Mobley develops. They need to move one of Garland or Sexton and add a shooting wing. They also really need to attach something significant to Love and move that contract. They'll have a nice little rebuild going in the east..and might even make some noise pushing for a playoff spot..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri to Cleveland in a 3 teamer including Portland
    And Markkanen will never be heard from again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri to Cleveland in a 3 teamer including Portland
    "I demand a change of scenery"

OK, you're going to Cleveland.

"Actually, Chicago is fine. I love wind and crime"

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers giving up a first round pick for Larry Nance is amazing. Olshey is truly one of the worst GMs in the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Nance goes to Portland in the deal...Jones Jr and draft capital to Chicago
    Chicago ended up getting the first round pick they wanted for Markkannen wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nance is an upgrade over Melo-- better defender, better passer, better rebounder, more steals, ok 3pt shot... but Portland's just never gonna win it all with a tiny back court that can't play defense, so it's kind of a moot point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another year of Portland keeping CJ McCollum. Dame will leave soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers giving up a first round pick for Larry Nance is amazing. Olshey is truly one of the worst GMs in the league
    When you have super star who might be thinking of leaving, GMs tend to get desperate. They also had limited options for improving the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That all said, I think it would've been interesting to have gotten Nance back instead of Aminu, but likely that would've prevented the Spurs from getting a first-rounder from Chicago. Larry is a rotation-caliber big who can and usually does play the four. That probably means Collins wouldn't've been signed, giving the Spurs $7 Million more to work with. Or they could've done the deal as is and probably gotten a better first back than the one Chicago gave up. Hopefully the Bulls getting back a first means they're going to keep trying to "win now" and be more likely to convey that first to the Spurs in a few years.
    Chris Fedor: Heard one of the many teams that showed interest in Larry Nance Jr. before the Markkanen deal was the San Antonio Spurs. But the only realistic fit was Doug McDermott who can’t be moved for a few months after signing this offseason.
    – via Twitter ChrisFedor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Cleveland trying to swing a for the fences move and go after Simmons? Now that the Cavs have Markkanen and Allen long term and Simmons has 4 years left on his deal, they could use Mobley, Sexton as the pieces to do it.

If you are the Spurs, would you trade Thad Young + whoever to get Mobley to SA, even if it meant taking on Love's contract?

Of course this would have to be multiple team trade, but would the Spurs be a facilitator if Mobley is the prize.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Cleveland trying to swing a for the fences move and go after Simmons? Now that the Cavs have Markkanen and Allen long term and Simmons has 4 years left on his deal, they could use Mobley, Sexton as the pieces to do it.

If you are the Spurs, would you trade Thad Young + whoever to get Mobley to SA, even if it meant taking on Love's contract?

Of course this would have to be multiple team trade, but would the Spurs be a facilitator if Mobley is the prize.
    I'd do if it meant getting Mobley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I do know that Mobley had a lot of teams trying to trade with Cleveland prior to the draft (including the Grizzlies, who likely offered Anderson and/or Brooks plus a pick swap in exchange for him, which is where that rumor they were in trade talks with Cleveland comes from). Once the draft was over, Memphis backed up, but the point is that Mobley has (had) suitors.

I don't think Young gets you Mobley tbh, not even close.

Mobley remains an asset CLE can leverage in a move for a better established player.

I hadn't thought of the Simmons angle because Cleveland lacks shooting but in general their moves have not made much sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do know that Mobley had a lot of teams trying to trade with Cleveland prior to the draft (including the Grizzlies, who likely offered Anderson and/or Brooks plus a pick swap in exchange for him, which is where that rumor they were in trade talks with Cleveland comes from). Once the draft was over, Memphis backed up, but the point is that Mobley has (had) suitors.

I don't think Young gets you Mobley tbh, not even close.

Mobley remains an asset CLE can leverage in a move for a better established player.

I hadn't thought of the Simmons angle because Cleveland lacks shooting but in general their moves have not made much sense.
    If Young is going anywhere it's by himself because right now, that is the only way to trade him. Everyone has talked about Phoenix being interested. You would use those pieces especially if Jalen Smith is one them, Saric is injured but his salary is movable to match money.

Love is already coming out and saying he's not taking a buy out. And yes, Cleveland is within the Eastern Conference, but 76ers would be sending Simmons to NBA Purgatory!! For 4 years!! Like any small market team, Cleveland needs stars to win but also to MARKET the team. Simmons, Markkanen, and Allen would be on three 7ft posters everywhere! Philly wouldn't care as long as they get a decent return. Garland is a better passer and 3pt shooter than Sexton, Cavs will keep him. You could be looking at a Garland, Simmons, Okoro, Markkanen, Allen starting lineup. If Okoro develops a jumper/3pt shot, they can run, spread out, pick and pop with Markkanen, pick and roll Allen, anyone but Allen can rebound and start the break, and Simmons won't have a consistent post presence getting in his way as he goes downhill ... Philadelphia doesn't need Mobley, but SA does! 76ers are looking for picks and contributors for a playoff run this year.

I would've traded for Love if the Cavs put the 3 pick with it to begin with for the chance of getting a Mobley or Kuminga before the draft. If you can facilitate a multiple team trade to get Philly close to what they want for Simmons, and the prize at the end of it is Mobley, I would take on Love's contract if I'm the Spurs. And if I'm Love, and the Spurs showed interest, I'd be thrilled because Pop had a plan in mind for him at the Olympics before Love withdrew. Love also fits on the FA 2023 timeline, because what does cap space do you for FA 2022 but leave you open to the potential of bad long term contracts.

You could be looking at :
    SL : White, Johnson, McDermott, Love, Mobley
    Bench: Jones, Forbes (disgusting), Vassell, Aminu, Landale
    (Jones, Vassell, Aminu, Collins, Landale - when Collins is healthy)
    Forbes, Primo, Eubanks, Jeffries, Hutchinson
    Two way - Wieskamp, KBD??

Young, Murray, LW4, Samanic, and Poeltl would be involved in the multiple team trade, plus picks. But I wouldn't use my own but the ones we're getting from other teams. You're building for the future, you would get a great asset in Mobley, you are setting yourself up for the big FA Class of 2023 with cap space, and you don't sacrifice your own draft picks to do it. But, who knows what will happen ... interesting possibility though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mobley for funny assets?...

nice joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mobley is 20, on a rookie scale contract, and has the potential to be the best player in his draft class... why on earth would Cleveland be thinking about trading him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Fedor: Heard one of the many teams that showed interest in Larry Nance Jr. before the Markkanen deal was the San Antonio Spurs. But the only realistic fit was Doug McDermott who can’t be moved for a few months after signing this offseason.
    – via Twitter ChrisFedor
    Good to file away, in case the Portland situation detonates.

Also, if the Kevin Love situation is (finally) heading to a separation, I’d look at salary dump play there. Sounds like they’re looking at a buyout, so maybe a home for some of our excess players.

Just saying, Thad, Aminu, Hutch for Love’s contract and a pick would be decent.
    Last edited by CGD; 08-29-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mobley for funny assets?...

nice joke
    This forum is obsessed with the idea that we can land lottery type if we simply take a bad contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm also curious about Sekou and whether the Spurs would trade for him, considering it sounds like Detroit wants to give him away. The Spurs definitely seemed interested in him two years ago. Team's don't normally give up on lottery picks after two years, so that's a red flag.
    They gave up on him, because he’s awful. Like Hutchison level awful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Mobley stuff is laughable.

As for Doumbouya, perfect example of why I say there's a non zero chance Samanic gets cut. The former was regarded as a better prospect/project, yet the Pistons are already ready to give up on him.

Just because it's known going in that it'll likely be at least 2 years before a player is likely able to contribute, they still have to progress at a certain rate for a team to continue to invest resources in their development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some confirmation of teams being interested in Thad:

The Suns are among the contenders who have pursued Spurs forward Thaddeus Young, sources said. San Antonio acquired Young in a sign-and-trade — along with a first-round pick and two second-round picks — and now are expected to receive strong interest in the veteran forward from compe ive teams. Young averaged 12.1 points, 6.2 rebounds and 4.3 assists while playing in 68 games (23 starts) and shooting 55.9 percent from the field a season ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be excellent sign if SA parlayed Thad into another first and/or a younger prospect they like that fits the timeline better.

Hopefully they really do get a good deal pre season for Thad - would help me be more comfortable knowing their heads are in the right spot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be excellent sign if SA parlayed Thad into another first and/or a younger prospect they like that fits the timeline better.

Hopefully they really do get a good deal pre season for Thad - would help me be more comfortable knowing their heads are in the right spot
    Not many teams give good value in the pre season. Your best return usually comes in February, when contenders become convinced that the piece you hold is the one that puts them over the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many teams give good value in the pre season. Your best return usually comes in February, when contenders become convinced that the piece you hold is the one that puts them over the top.
    That’s fine - I still think he should be moved now. Any increase in value by waiting is likely offset by risk of his value going down in the system + injury. Get a first now and be happy.

Thread Information