Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well technically it’s a Texas Longhorns Recruiting Thread.

but technicalities aside, I don’t understand why you guys troll each other. Seems juvenile to me. “He said that, so I’m a gonna say that” Fact of the matter is neither school has won anything lately. And that’s with some of the best high school talent in the nation.
    Ehh, DesignatedT has taken and given plenty of on this board over the years, I got no problem with it. We deserve some mockery until the results on the field match the wild expectations.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Well technically it’s a Texas Longhorns Recruiting Thread.

but technicalities aside, I don’t understand why you guys troll each other. Seems juvenile to me. “He said that, so I’m a gonna say that” Fact of the matter is neither school has won anything lately. And that’s with some of the best high school talent in the nation.
    for the record, i really don't troll the texas fan base. for one, i attended both schools (undergrad at A&M and graduate school at UT). second, i'm very involved in the high school football scene and so i have come to know many of the kids that have come out of the greater SA area. i root for these kids as much as i do for my team.

Haven't been here long but rjv aint bad peeps. Really just poking fun. Aint no harm in that unless you just can't take it. Otherwise, I believe there is a block/hide button.

for the record, i really don't troll the texas fan base. for one, i attended both schools (undergrad at A&M and graduate school at UT). second, i'm very involved in the high school football scene and so i have come to know many of the kids that have come out of the greater SA area. i root for these kids as much as i do for my team.
    I agree with you. I got no problem with the aggies. I went to a UT school, but have family that went to A&M. I would rather our best high school talent stay in Texas than go to OU, OSU or Alabama.
    I also love high school football, got kids and grandkids playing and coaching. There ought to be a way the Texas schools could link up and try to keep our high school talent in state. Just sayin’. Also tired of losing....

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    90% of your fan base would give their left nut for Jimbo Fisher in secret.

You just hired a coordinator who's overall head coaching record is 46-35

but YOUR BACK right??? LOL
    We are clearly not back anywhere close to a National Championship. Thats the only back there is, and almost zero on this board has claimed we are anywhere close.
    And I will give you this, Aggie does not say they are back... because the question is back to what?
    A National Championship when dinosaurs roamed the Earth?

But that big ring you gave Jimbo... thats back I guess? Keep with the SEC chants because you have a chance with that. Make sure that league keeps crushing you.

Take care of the kid. Dont follow the Jameis Winston/ Jimbo model. Jumbo Crablegs...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^^^^
    This is not your typical Aggie.
    He does not pretend he is general Patton, or demand they get a street in College Station named for pres45

And I totally get why aggy thinks UT has a considerable bunch of spoiled brats as students. We do.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas

June 18th-20th OFFICIAL VISITORS unless otherwise noted

QB Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (CA) #AllGasNoBrakes

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain #AllGasNoBrakes

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX): Let’s party. Here are the facts: He’s savvy, smooth, and fully understands his value. Maybe too well. But he can back it up on the field. The Florida trip wowed him and the Gators think they’re the team to beat. He spent time at Texas A&M this week. Wait until Austin. NIL could be the closer for UT.

WR Shazz Preston, Saint James (Saint James, LA): LSU or Alabama. Or Florida. Or Mississippi State. Not Texas barring the unforeseen but they’ll take a shot at the do-it-all receiver.

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville #AllGasNoBrakes: He took a student trip to Texas earlier last spring. He might take another visit or two, but he looks locked into the Longhorns.

WR CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Mission Hills, CA): The four-star from Cali is still in Sark’s sights and Williams is excited for his official visit. He might sneak into this class. He’ll still see South Bend in the last weekend of June. There will be pressure on the USC staff to roll out the red carpet for the local product, even though the Trojans have current official visitor Chris Marshall No. 1 on the board.

WR Brenen Thompson, Spearman (Spearman, TX) unofficial visit: One half of the Twin Turbos, the west Texas speedster is set to see UT on his own dime, then return this fall for a game in an official capacity. Texas A&M is set to receive an official visit June 21-23 and Oregon June 25-27 with Oklahoma State having already received an OV. IT continues to hear mom prefers he stay in the region.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) (UOV): There’s chatter he’s not in love with the long-term outlook at QB for UT. There’s also buzz he might commit to SMU tomorrow, and if so, obviously wouldn’t be making the Texas trip.

OL Connor Robertson, Austin Westlake: The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder from down the street is already on campus. Proximity has its privileges. There’s some pro-Texas buzz in this pursuit, but the Longhorns still have to survive a visit to Stanford June 25-27.

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek: After seeing LSU and Oregon, Team Banks is Austin bound this weekend. He still wants to see Texas A&M, but the Horns and Kyle Flood can really solidify things with the top tackle on the board. This is a recruitment Texas has been way out in front on since the arrival of the new staff, and IT has yet to hear anything that says Texas has slipped in June.

DT Kristopher Ross, North Shore #AllGasNoBrakes: For the second weekend in a row at Texas comes at a perfect time with TCU make a very strong push, and Oklahoma hanging around.

LB Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin #AllGasNoBrakes: No interviews. Just Texas.

S Bryan Allen Jr., Aledo #AllGasNoBrakes: He’s been waiting on this official for months now. He’s connected with Blake Gideon and Jeff Banks, and his Alabama trip early in June is a distant memory.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore: The five-star returns following his spring game appearance in April. The highly-sought after cornerback popped into College Station this week, will be at Georgia June 21-2,3 and Alabama June 25-27 to finish up the visit process. LSU did a great job of making him feel like family, but IT still isn’t buying the Tigers as a real threat given the schools remaining. A July or early August decision remains likely.

CB Terrance Brooks, Little Elm: With UT hosting the four-star corner for his official visit this weekend, Brooks has approached this decision very business-like. Nick Saban has made Brooks a priority and now it’s Texas’ turn. He’ll see Alabama next weekend. This recruitment comes down to development and early playing opportunities with player development No. 1. The defensive coordinator and position coach relationship is key here.

Note on priority defensive back:

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont): The versatile DB is currently on an official visit to Alabama with a trip to Texas scheduled for next Saturday after the conclusion of the Bruins time at the Texas State 7v7 Tournament. The one-day visit to Texas will be all about spending time with Steve Sarkisian, and the defensive staff. Texas A&M’s Jimbo Fisher has taken this recruitment personally, and is the front-man doing everything he can to beat out the Longhorns. Following the visit to Texas, Anderson will sit down with his family and let them know if he has a decision, or if he needs to push back his commitment date and make an official visit to Texas at a later date. Anderson has been planning to announce July 4.

Notes on LB recruiting:

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Evanston Township (Evanston, IL) - 2022: After Notre Dame canceled his official trip this weekend, he’s headed to Ann Arbor on June 25th-27th, and tells IT that he’d like to commit in July or August. He wants to have it wrapped up before his senior campaign.

Cheeks had glowing remarks about Texas linebackers coach Jeff Choate, who is making a strong impression on recruits these days. Choate told Cheeks he’d help develop him as a football player, but more importantly as a man, a son, husband, father, and friend.

Texas likes Cheeks’ versatility and finds him to be a great program fit; an Our Kind of Guy.

LB Junior Tuihalamaka, Bishop Alemany (Mission Hills, CA): After his Texas official visit, it was believed UT pulled even with Notre Dame for the four-star’s services.

After his recent official visit to South Bend, Notre Dame has confidence it’s the Irish and he could make an announcement this weekend.

OLB Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX): The 6-foot-4, 215-pound EDGE backer has an announcement date. On July 20th, the four-star with double-digit offers will commit to his future home. Texas, OU, and Texas Tech are the main contestants, with UT holding the lead.

Note on OL recruiting:

The staff is all in on Connor Robertson and Cole Hutson (Frisco). Those two fit the type of what they’re looking for on the interior. Where it gets a little tricky is with Jacob Sexton (Deer Creek, Edmond OK) who would ideally play right tackle. The staff is high on Sexton, but it’s also high on Cameron Williams from Duncanville. There’s a sense if Williams doesn’t walk away completely enamored with OU this weekend, they’ll have a good shot to win him over when he takes his official to Texas next weekend.

IT had a recent source in Duncanville state he felt UT held a slight lead for the mammoth o-lineman.

Texas wants one of Williams and Sexton but might not have room for both.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Jordan Hudson most likely to commit to SMU. Has canceled Texas visit for tomorrow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Most believe the Irish on this one.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas is saying they don’t expect Arch Manning to commit this summer. They do feel Texas leads at this point and that it will come down to Texas and Clemson in the end.

Inside Texas is saying they don’t expect Arch Manning to commit this summer. They do feel Texas leads at this point and that it will come down to Texas and Clemson in the end.
    It sounds like Bill O'Brien was his normal charming self this weekend. Saban will regret that hire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It sounds like Bill O'Brien was his normal charming self this weekend. Saban will regret that hire.
    God I hope so.
    Im so tired of Alabama.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information