Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, WH with the 14 consecutive post meltdown. You hate to see it.

One thing for sure, most people arguing for redistribution of wealth are like those arguing for recounts in elections - they personally only stand to gain.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the warehouse worker doesn't like working at amazon he should work somewhere else. If he doesn't have the skill to work somewhere else he might want to question the mul ude of choices he has made since getting spit out of his mamas cooch.
    Why on Earth would he not have the skill to go somewhere else? Surely people get a diverse education so they are very flexible in their ability to take on tasks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don't that's on them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why on Earth would he not have the skill to go somewhere else? Surely people get a diverse education so they are very flexible in their ability to take on tasks?
    Because them, they're not real humans. Wage stagnation for the last few decades is their fault because they played Call of Duty and tried to the neighbor girl in high school instead of studying all day like the kids do in China.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now even a flat tax would be class warfare against the rich?
    I am for the Flat Tax make life so much easier for everyone- All the taxing the rich will not work as they just passed tax rates they didn’t do a damn thing with all the loop wholes that’s still exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the warehouse worker doesn't like working at amazon he should work somewhere else. If he doesn't have the skill to work somewhere else he might want to question the mul ude of choices he has made since getting spit out of his mamas cooch.
    Is it really only about choices made? You're not serious about this. You said yourself half of Americans don't make enough to pay federal taxes, they all made bad choices? really?

The guy replaced by a robot or because his factory was shipped out to Mexico or China, that guy made a bad choice? This whole blaming the victim thing is ridiculous. Just say you don't give a , which is really what's going on.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    One thing for sure, most people arguing for redistribution of wealth are like those arguing for recounts in elections - they personally only stand to gain.
    Not true. You're just incapable of seeing past your own experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it really only about choices made? You're not serious about this. You said yourself half of Americans don't make enough to pay federal taxes, they all made bad choices? really?

The guy replaced by a robot or because his factory was shipped out to Mexico or China, that guy made a bad choice? This whole blaming the victim thing is ridiculous. Just say you don't give a , which is really what's going on.
    Thanks for making the point that we are in a global economy. Unskilled labor is unskilled labor and there is a worldwide compe ion for those jobs.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thanks for making the point that we are in a global economy. Unskilled labor is unskilled labor and there is a worldwide compe ion for those jobs.
    Yeah that warehouse worker should just move to China!

Also, people are lazy and need to get off their asses and work.

These two claims balance each other completely and in no way reflect an elitist disdain for the working class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you've not been paying attention. my argument is that everybody does better when everyone does better. you're also ignoring a fifty year trend of redistribution to the top end of the income scale.

which is hardly ideologically neutral. that's politics too.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-01-2021 at 06:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because them, they're not real humans. Wage stagnation for the last few decades is their fault because they played Call of Duty and tried to the neighbor girl in high school instead of studying all day like the kids do in China.
    Just because they react to stimuli doesn't mean they are alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you've not been paying attention. my argument is that everybody does better when everyone does better. you're also ignoring a fifty year trend of redistribution to the top end of the income scale.

which is hardly ideologically neutral. that's politics too.
    Thanks Karl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that warehouse worker should just move to China!

Also, people are lazy and need to get off their asses and work.

These two claims balance each other completely and in no way reflect an elitist disdain for the working class.
    Easy solution: Let more unskilled immigrants cross into the US unfettered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *TILT*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy solution: Let more unskilled immigrants cross into the US unfettered.
    so-called unskilled work isn't so unskilled.

also,

we could use the fresh blood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside, my own salary plus my wife's -- currently a figure under $90,000 -- puts us roughly in the 58th percentile. I have little to gain personally from redistribution. We don't qualify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Affordable healthcare would be nice, tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even making more than nearly 60% of Americans, we can't afford coverage appropriate for our age.

Must've been bad personal choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I took exception to the notion that this is the little's guy fault and his/her decisions. You can blame a cutthroat global economy that couldn't give two s about the little guy on anybody BUT the little guy.

We're not even talking unskilled labor here either, that's a copout. It's not like 50%+ of Americans are working unskilled jobs.

The reality is that salaries for the vast majority of people have not kept up with neither increased production nor inflation, regardless if we're talking about minimum wage or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry you didn't like my recap. I notice you didn't respond substantively to anything in it, you just went with bull psychologizing and red baiting, like you do.

Oh, and suggesting that emphasis on equitability is just being poor and resentful. Big timing the topic.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-02-2021 at 12:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How rich does one have to be in this country to get the goodies? What level of work compensation makes one worthy to receive them?

Kinda seems like you and CC judge people's social worth -- how much their lives are worth-- by how much they make.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-02-2021 at 12:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That trash on the curb doesn't remove itself.

Who picks the greens for your salad and butchers your meat? Who turns your hotel bed? Society doesn't work without these people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The warehouse man and the trucker, the stocker and the cashier at the store. Juvenile daycare, nurses and home healthcare workers.

Essential workers. breaks down without them.

That's why they were exempted from the so-called lockdown. And you on them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC has argued in the past that society is a fiction and the common interest is ersatz. There's only individuals against a doctrinally evil state. The essential problem is how to spirit whatever one can from the shipwreck of society to make a tolerable life for oneself from an immutably oppressive order.

Cheap cynicism fused with personal greed, elevated to principle.
    same with CC, tbh
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-02-2021 at 01:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How rich does one have to be in this country to get the goodies? What level of work compensation makes one worthy to receive them?
    What I don't understand is why put yourself through mental gymnastics like that? If you don't care, just say you don't care. If you're going to just pretend to care, you can do better than "half the country had it coming to them".

People like Dennison are the embodiment of this . Never worked an honest job in his life, was born with a silver spoon, dodged the draft, "only borrowed 1 million" from daddy, and gets rewarded with the US Presidency and eventually control of of the GOP.

A crook, a charlatan through and through. What were the "good decisions" he made? Getting born into a rich family? smh

Thread Information