Page 580 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 8048053057057657757857958058158258358459063068010801580 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,500 of 40782
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our Dear Leader seems to think so.
    Is he the Candy Man for the little girls or is Obama? I really want there to be an innocent explanation for this song choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking to a friend the other day about our current herd immunity strategy and we were hard pressed to come up with a successful historical example that wasn't vaccine driven. Does anybody know of any examples throughout history or what the time frame was for that immunological outcome?
    I think the term is being misused here (on this site). Typically it means someone not vaccinated can be somewhat safe from a virus because those around them are immune, so they hide in the herd and their contacts are all immune. Expecting people to naturally develop immunity though, that's something different. Not sure how those are being equated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking to a friend the other day about our current herd immunity strategy and we were hard pressed to come up with a successful historical example that wasn't vaccine driven. Does anybody know of any examples throughout history or what the time frame was for that immunological outcome?
    https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...h-covid19.html

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are starting to relax on mask wearing and social distancing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA! USA! USA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I hope those people enjoy the longer lockdown that will result from it. People honestly need to learn how virus transmission works with regard to R0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I hope those people enjoy the longer lockdown that will result from it. People honestly need to learn how virus transmission works with regard to R0.
    It just feels like we're hanging fire in Austin with the daily new case number being flat this month. Looks like 's gonna explode if the sun doesn't shoot the virus with Lysol in May.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just feels like we're hanging fire in Austin with the daily new case number being flat this month. Looks like 's gonna explode if the sun doesn't shoot the virus with Lysol in May.
    I think one of the biggest miscommunications errors of this crisis so far has been not simply explaining the R0 factor to the American public. Yes, in many regions around the country, hospitals aren't overwhelmed and you might not know anyone who's come down with the virus. This fact is what is fueling many of the conspiracy theories, belief that the virus isn't as serious as advertised, and that social distancing and stay-at-home orders weren't really needed. But the reason a place isn't getting slammed by Covid like New York or Italy is because these orders have worked and have reduced the R0. Reducing the R0 from 1 person infects 3 to 1 person infects 2 is huge.

R0 of 2: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64, a total of 126 infections after 7 steps.
    R0 of 3: 1-3-9-27-81-243-729 a total of 1092 infections/deaths after 7 steps.

Extrapolate that to 100, 1000 steps, and the difference between the two is mindboggling, and all it took was one extra person getting infected. This is why epidemiologists and the leaders they're informing are nervous about reopening. Not because they want to control yer freedumbs and hurt Dear Leader. A marginal difference in R0 results in a staggering difference of overall number of infections and death.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just anecdotally, I would say exactly the opposite.
    Where do you live?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think one of the biggest miscommunications errors of this crisis so far has been not simply explaining the R0 factor to the American public. Yes, in many regions around the country, hospitals aren't overwhelmed and you might not know anyone who's come down with the virus. This fact is what is fueling many of the conspiracy theories, belief that the virus isn't as serious as advertised, and that social distancing and stay-at-home orders weren't really needed. But the reason a place isn't getting slammed by Covid like New York or Italy is because these orders have worked and have reduced the R0. Reducing the R0 from 1 person infects 3 to 1 person infects 2 is huge.

Extrapolate that to 100, 1000 steps, and the difference between the two is mindboggling, and all it took was one extra person getting infected. This is why epidemiologists and the leaders they're informing are nervous about reopening. Not because they want to control yer freedumbs and hurt Dear Leader. A marginal difference in R0 results in a staggering difference of overall number of infections and death.
    This is almost like sci notation.
    If you dont work with it, you dont get it.

9 x 10^2 1 x 10^4 unless its spelled out like you did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 05-01-2020 at 12:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking US will be at 200k deaths by end of november.

That's a lot of dead people.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Americans are actually proud to suck at math. You're not going to teach them about exponential growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking US will be at 200k deaths by end of november.

That's a lot of dead people.
    We're only 11,000 short of the Trump administration August projection. With 2470, 2390, 2201 deaths the last three days I guess our Dear Leader is depending on reanimating corspes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NASCAR goes green in May with four Cup Series races in 11 days
    https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...-races-11-days

NASCAR will return to action at Darlington Raceway on May 17, kicking off a packed two-week schedule announced Thursday.

The 400-mile Cup Series event on May 17 will be the first of seven events in 11 days involving all three NASCAR national series. The revised schedule has a pair of Wednesday races, fulfilling fans' longtime plea for midweek events.

Three of those races -- two Cup Series races and an Xfinity Series event -- will be held at Darlington, NASCAR's oldest superspeedway.

NASCAR joins the UFC, which returns May 9, as the first major sports organizations to announce specific return-to-play plans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/29/white...Ctp_NIFWj1rFjo

The WH gift shop is selling commemorative COVID-19 coins. Tbf the shop is privately owned and simply affiliated with the WH, but still, ho-lee balls.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Michigan:

Yeah, having two tween girls dancing around while wearing Trump and Obama masks is the kind of thing people who "just want to get back to work" would do at a protest. That said, what a surreal scene. Like something out of a Harmony Korine movie.
    Well at least they're wearing masks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, they are going to push the R0 number higher.

Experts, and anyone with any common sense have known that people will think that we over-reacted, and will, in turn, underreact.

This is like a slow-motion wreck that you see coming, but can't do anything about other than duck behind something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60M dead in just two months?

The Trump Pandemic will live forever in infamy

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We're only 11,000 short of the Trump administration August projection. With 2470, 2390, 2201 deaths the last three days I guess our Dear Leader is depending on reanimating corspes?
    He’s just going to run with the “Medical facilities are abusing the system, the real death count is much lower” excuse and anybody who believed otherwise is a lib Shillary worshipper, etc. And of course it will work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s just going to run with the “Medical facilities are abusing the system, the real death count is much lower” excuse and anybody who believed otherwise is a lib Shillary worshipper, etc. And of course it will work.
    the deep state already has designed the response from the federal government. thats why you heard Facci change his tune and really now when you hear Facci, Trump, Pence they all parrot the same thing.

they are all on board. they will do the utmost to change public perception that the economic doom will be worse than this virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60M dead in just two months?
    ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also Trumps slogan will be that he was for reopening economy so yes. he has next election in the bag

hes a ing smart guy and runs circles around the DNC deuchebags

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ====================

Same plateau-ing in MA, from Boston Globe email

Six weeks after social distancing began,

Mass. coronavirus hospitalizations and cases remain high.

Why so little improvement?

Rewind the clock a month, to late March, as nonessential businesses were closing and

Governor Charlie Baker asked us to stay home to reduce the spread of coronavirus.

Where did we imagine we would be as a state by the start of May?

A lot further along than we are now.

It’s maddening:

More than six weeks after statewide social distancing measures began to take effect,

the number of hospitalizations for COVID-19 infections is stuck in a stubbornly high place, and

the daily death toll is at once tragic and numbing.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/...ews:newsletter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information