Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Making this thread a tad early. The NBA season was over for us Laker fans about after the 20th game of the season--probably prior. Not sure if this team warrants its own thread, but if there are still those interested, then partake. Spur-Addict you still active?

Wonder how Eddie will fit in the backfield. Does his signing signal the lack of confidence in both Thomas Rawls or C.J Procise's health being consistent? Or, will he fall victim to his inability to stop overeating? That will be interesting to see because they hardly addressed the issue of the OL and that was what cost them last season. How many more opportunities are Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell have? With the recent revelations that Richard Sherman has held a beef with the offenses curious (and terrible) play calling in Super Bowl XLIX--where they eventually lost to Tom Brady and Co. in the most heartbreaking fashion. I personally think this will be the litmus test for Bevell as he is squandering this team's window as it is slowly coming to a close. How much longer will they have with the fissures apparent in the LOB and on that side of the ball aging?

Whilst they play in the pretty downtrodden version of the NFC West, the NFC as a whole is going to have some interesting story lines and teams that look to ascend this season. With not backup to Russell Wilson, it will be curious to see if the team adds another tepid and possibly inflammatory piece in Colin Kaepernick. Personally, I am not sure the team will make it past the 2nd round and wonder if this is the summit to the run?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't expect Lacy to get the playing time they think. Both Rawls and Procise will be hard to sit down. I think Lacy will pretty much just be that thumper to move the chains.

After studying their schedule it's really hard to see anything better than....11-5 and a 10-6 seems more realistic. Obviously they'll win the division, more about the weakness of the division.

But, can't rule out an NFC le game appearence.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-25-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't expect Lacy to get the playing time they think. Both Rawls and Procise will be hard to sit down. I think Lacy will pretty much just be that thumper to move the chains.

After studying their schedule it's really hard to see anything better than....11-5 and a 10-6 seems more realistic. Obviously they'll win the division, more about the weakness of the division.

But, can't rule out an NFC le game appearence.
    Are you kidding me? They have one of the easiest schedules in the league. NFC West is now 3 bad teams after mass exodus of the Arizona defense. And they also play the worst division in the AFC this year as well (the lousy AFC South). They still have the best HFA in the league, and are a combined 24-1 in non-division home games in the RW era. Only loss was to Dallas in 2014.

The only bad thing is they play the NFC East, including the Giants and Cowboys on the road. That, along with the opener in Green Bay, could be 3 losses, but it could very easily be their only 3 losses on the season. They do have the mettle and the heart of a champion.

They could very easily be 12-4 or 13-3 given their relative cakewalk of a schedule.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    @ Packers L
    vs 49ers W
    @ ans W
    vs Colts W
    @ Rams W
    @ Giants L
    vs Texans W
    vs Redskins W
    @ Cardinals W
    vs Falcons W
    @ 49ers W
    vs Eagles W
    @ Jaguars W
    vs Rams W
    @ Cowboys L
    vs Cardinals W

... etc. Just way too many easy games there. A lot like 2013, with the same AFC South cakewalk, not ironically the year they went 13-3 and won the championship.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    @ Packers L
    vs 49ers W
    @ ans W
    vs Colts W
    @ Rams W
    @ Giants L
    vs Texans W
    vs Redskins W
    @ Cardinals W
    vs Falcons W
    @ 49ers W
    vs Eagles W
    @ Jaguars W
    vs Rams W
    @ Cowboys L
    vs Cardinals W

... etc. Just way too many easy games there. A lot like 2013, with the same AFC South cakewalk, not ironically the year they went 13-3 and won the championship.
    They inexplicably suck within their own division. 2 losses between the Cards/Rams quartet. I also think Tennessee is primed for a playoff run if Mariota stays healthy. Throw in Atlanta as well and the best they can hope for is 10-6, which will probably be good enough to win their joke of a division. Unless the refs start swallowing their whistles again on all the egregious holding in the secondary, or the league turns a blind eye to the rampant Adderall epidemic on that team, then this won't be anything like 2013

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I doubt they lose to the Rams this year, Fisher was the one who always went tryhard against them and they canned his ass

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    They inexplicably suck within their own division. 2 losses between the Cards/Rams quartet. I also think Tennessee is primed for a playoff run if Mariota stays healthy. Throw in Atlanta as well and the best they can hope for is 10-6, which will probably be good enough to win their joke of a division. Unless the refs start swallowing their whistles again on all the egregious holding in the secondary, or the league turns a blind eye to the rampant Adderall epidemic on that team, then this won't be anything like 2013
    Never mind Adderall or holding, they need a real QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1. You forgot that Atlanta is at home for Seattle. If it was in Atlanta... perhaps different story. They've never lost at home outside a few erroneous ones to the Cards back when they were good and one to the Rams back when they were ...not horrible.

2. Cards/Rams quartet just aren't compe ive anymore. You're forgetting the Cards have actually been good since 2012 up until this offseason, when they lost half their defense in free agency. The Rams had a good defense working, and then they inexplicably changed coordinators and schemes to a 3-4 to mess up the only good thing they had on their team. Their offense might be the worst in the league this year. The Cards are David Johnson and a bunch of TOSBs and scrubs. Seattle should mop the floor with those 3 awful teams including the Niners who just started their rebuild, they haven't had nearly this bad of compe ion in the RW era.

3. The ans will be improved, may win the division at 9-7, 10-6 is their ceiling but I think they struggle a bit early on and find their groove later. I think the Texans will suffer the biggest drop off (QB...OL...?) while the Colts continue to be average with an injury prone QB and inconsistencies on both sides of the ball.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I doubt they lose to the Rams this year, Fisher was the one who always went tryhard against them and they canned his ass
    Agreed. And Arizona still has Bruce Arians, but they no longer stack up well against Seattle with all those roster losses.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    @ Packers L
    vs 49ers W
    @ ans W
    vs Colts W
    @ Rams W
    @ Giants L
    vs Texans W
    vs Redskins W
    @ Cardinals W
    vs Falcons W
    @ 49ers W
    vs Eagles W
    @ Jaguars W
    vs Rams W
    @ Cowboys L
    vs Cardinals W

Ya had the Giants beating the Packers, wrong. Ya had the Falcons beating the Pats, wrong. Sorry if I can't put too much into your picking ability.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Never mind Adderall or holding, they need a real QB.
    They have the best QB the NFL has ever seen with five seasons of experience.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They have the best QB the NFL has ever seen with five seasons of experience.
    I agree with you on RW. CN's anti-mobile quarterbacks schtick sucks.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Ya had the Giants beating the Packers, wrong. Ya had the Falcons beating the Pats, wrong. Sorry if I can't put too much into your picking ability.
    The Seahawks just don't lose at home, especially outside their now-crappy division. Even in their last two years when they've only won 10 games with much harder schedules.

Falcons are an 11 win team this year, but they aren't going to Seattle and winning in that stadium. Plain as day.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I agree with you on RW. CN's anti-mobile quarterbacks schtick sucks.
    Everything about the got sucks to be honest. The guy has no clue when it comes to football.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Seahawks just don't lose at home, especially outside their now-crappy division. Even in their last two years when they've only won 10 games with much harder schedules.

Falcons are an 11 win team this year, but they aren't going to Seattle and winning in that stadium. Plain as day.
    I always look to be a little pessimistic with trying to pick winners in.....MAY. As we start getting a better feel for things as the new seasn is approaching I start seeing things clearer.......make sense?

I;m not one of these......... ah 13-3.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I always look to be a little pessimistic with trying to pick winners in.....MAY. As we start getting a better feel for things as the new seasn is approaching I start seeing things clearer.......make sense?

I;m not one of these......... ah 13-3.
    I'm not either. I just go by schedules and stuff like that. For example I have three NFC East teams finishing 11-5 and the other 8-8, but nobody with more than 11 wins. I have the AFC West going 10-6, 10-6, 9-7, 8-8. Denver last. And yes I know the divisions play each other and I've analyzed all the schedules and individual games.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    1. You forgot that Atlanta is at home for Seattle. If it was in Atlanta... perhaps different story. They've never lost at home outside a few erroneous ones to the Cards back when they were good and one to the Rams back when they were ...not horrible.

2. Cards/Rams quartet just aren't compe ive anymore. You're forgetting the Cards have actually been good since 2012 up until this offseason, when they lost half their defense in free agency. The Rams had a good defense working, and then they inexplicably changed coordinators and schemes to a 3-4 to mess up the only good thing they had on their team. Their offense might be the worst in the league this year. The Cards are David Johnson and a bunch of TOSBs and scrubs. Seattle should mop the floor with those 3 awful teams including the Niners who just started their rebuild, they haven't had nearly this bad of compe ion in the RW era.

3. The ans will be improved, may win the division at 9-7, 10-6 is their ceiling but I think they struggle a bit early on and find their groove later. I think the Texans will suffer the biggest drop off (QB...OL...?) while the Colts continue to be average with an injury prone QB and inconsistencies on both sides of the ball.
    It's takes like this where people are forced to skim over all future posts from you

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's takes like this where people are forced to skim over all future posts from you
    What? I'm NOT trying to imply that Osweiler was good, if that's what you were thinking. I was implying that their style of play is just unsustainable and their QB situation is, indeed, worse than last year as bad as it was. Tom Savage is not starter grade material and Watson is way too raw. They also lost pieces of their secondary and Wilfork retired. They could be in for a season similar to that of 2013 with the ans on the upswing.

My post was intended as drop-off for the whole team, not drop off at QB or OL. Two separate antecedents. They'll have a dropoff, BECAUSE their QB and OL suck. Not their QB and OL dropped off.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Congrats to Eddie Lacy for making the 2nd weigh-in under the weight stipulated.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Congrats to Eddie Lacy for making the 2nd weigh-in under the weight stipulated.
    Why don't they just want him to be a wrecking bull like Lynch?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If Rawls and Procise are back I can't see Lacy keeping them on the bench other than 3rd and short.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If Rawls and Procise are back I can't see Lacy keeping them on the bench other than 3rd and short.
    Rawls is a small back, they want a Lynch replacement, a beast, a bruiser, not a scatback as their #1

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rawls is a small back, they want a Lynch replacement, a beast, a bruiser, not a scatback as their #1
    Dude, why don't you take a few minutes and actually bone up on this stuff, ok?

Rawls weighs 217, the same as Lynch. He is not a little scatback, ok? Darren Sproles is a little scatback.

All that matters is that...AVERAGE PER CARRY....ok rookie?

Thomas Rawls

Thomas Rawls
    Position: RB
    5-10, 217lb (178cm, 98kg)

Marshawn Lynch

Marshawn Terrell Lynch (Beast Mode)
    5-11, 215lb (180cm, 97kg)

I have seen Lynch listed at 217. But......as you can see Rawls is no scatback.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-13-2017 at 11:20 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dude, why don't you take a few minutes and actually bone up on this stuff, ok?

Rawls weighs 217, the same as Lynch. He is not a little scatback, ok? Darren Sproles is a little scatback.

All that matters is that...AVERAGE PER CARRY....ok rookie?

Thomas Rawls

Thomas Rawls
    5-10, 217lb (178cm, 98kg)

Marshawn Lynch

Marshawn Terrell Lynch (Beast Mode)
    5-11, 215lb (180cm, 97kg)

I have seen Lynch listed at 217. But......as you can see Rawls is no scatback.
    Rawls doesn't run between the tackles well like Lynch. He doesn't turn 1 yard gains into 6 yard gains like Lynch... he doesn't push piles backward and bully himself off tackles like Lynch.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rawls doesn't run between the tackles well like Lynch. He doesn't turn 1 yard gains into 6 yard gains like Lynch... he doesn't push piles backward and bully himself off tackles like Lynch.
    As you totally ignore calling him a little back and a scatback.

Dude, why did you call him little when he's every bit as big as Lynch, well? And what 217 pound RB is "scatback" that is DeAnthony Thomas, Darren Sproles, "Mini" Mac Herron, Max Anderson, Buddy Young, Howard Stevens....ok?

Tired of you never admitting when you're wrong.

Thread Information