Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland fans right now:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsons just put a clock on Lebron. If Lebron doesn't commit to the Heat before Parsons 72 hours are up, I think Bosh signs for the Rockets regardless and leaves Lebron in the lurch.

Even if that means the Heat sign Melo and James returns, that's a worse team than it was last year. They gonna start a 'big man' pairing of McRoberts/Andersen? Or Melo with one of those two? Indiana would destroy that tiny team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't the Rox have to move Lin to make this happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsons just put a clock on Lebron. If Lebron doesn't commit to the Heat before Parsons 72 hours are up, I think Bosh signs for the Rockets regardless and leaves Lebron in the lurch.

Even if that means the Heat sign Melo and James returns, that's a worse team than it was last year. They gonna start a 'big man' pairing of McRoberts/Andersen? Or Melo with one of those two? Indiana would destroy that tiny team.
    Bosh can't sign with the Rockets until they complete the Asik trade and then get someone to take Lin and complete that trade. Morey will be very busy trying to get that done before the clock runs out on Parsons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't the Rox have to move Lin to make this happen?
    Been hearing they have something lined up with Philly. Not sure how concrete it is, but I don't think they'll have too much trouble getting rid of Lin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been hearing they have something lined up with Philly. Not sure how concrete it is, but I don't think they'll have too much trouble getting rid of Lin.
    They better make it a very enticing deal because Lin is a suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm Riley and I see the writing on the wall he better get Bosh to push for a sign and trade and get something for everyone abandoning ship

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe that involved getting Parson bc Philly deal fell through if you kept up w it. Basically Philly said there wasn't enough meat in the trade to bite.

Lin owed 15mil this year. Rockets are going to have a hard time convincing any team on taking that salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe that involved getting Parson bc Philly deal fell through if you kept up w it. Basically Philly said there wasn't enough meat in the trade to bite.

Lin owed 15mil this year. Rockets are going to have a hard time convincing any team on taking that salary.
    Even harder when everyone else knows that they have to get the deal done in less than 72hours. The price to use someone else's cap space has to be going up.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm Riley and I see the writing on the wall he better get Bosh to push for a sign and trade and get something for everyone abandoning ship
    That is why Houston should have kept Asik and option Parson. They would have had the trade asset to get Melo or Bosh. Now they just have Lin and most GM are like no to that trade. Any trade involving Lin would probably have to include Beverly and a couple of future 1st rounders.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably going to tell Bosh that James doesn't want to play with him anymore so get the out and go to Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Houston is going to get bent over on any trades for Lin due to his contract and the limited time to get a deal done. Houston will pull the trigger, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only 8 and some change against the cap but yeah who's going to bite on that.. probably some dumbass team. Jason Kidd and Bucks will do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston has no leverage...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should consider this, get some picks to replenish there barren wasteland and pick up a guard or maybe terrance jones..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers should consider this, get some picks to replenish there barren wasteland and pick up a guard or maybe terrance jones..
    Absolutely. This is a perfect opportunity for the Lakers to turn some of that cap space into useful, cheap assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. This is a perfect opportunity for the Lakers to turn some of that cap space into useful, cheap assets.
    and the asian market doubles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black Bonner, not as good as the ginger original.
    Yep. When he made the team after shooting lights out in the summer league, he completely choked with the Spurs on the NBA level. He couldn't hit a shot at all and Bonner basically slapped him and ripped his spot back away from him. I'm not a Tolliver fan at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even harder when everyone else knows that they have to get the deal done in less than 72hours. The price to use someone else's cap space has to be going up.
    Who actually HAS cap space to trade into right now outside of the teams praying one of the A level guys signs with them?

- BOS just took salary (Thornton) into the Pierce trade exception / has the Bradley extension (though doesn't that kick in next year?)
    - CHA signed the Hayward offer sheet
    - NO has the pending Asik trade and I believe needs to ship money out to make it work
    - TOR resigned Lowry though has Novak going out - I imagine they operate over the cap
    - WAS has the Gortat deal that will push them close to if not over

Seems like there are a few teams that could make it work:
    - UTA has it until they match on Hayward
    - ATL, PHI, ORL could both sell some for future assets; SVG could do the same in DET even if they resigned Monroe
    - PHX has to make a call on Bledsoe but could upgrade some of their other pieces in a deal that takes on salary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who actually HAS cap space to trade into right now outside of the teams praying one of the A level guys signs with them?

Seems like there are a few teams that could make it work:
    - UTA has it until they match on Hayward
    - ATL, PHI, ORL could both sell some for future assets; SVG could do the same in DET even if they resigned Monroe
    - PHX has to make a call on Bledsoe but could upgrade some of their other pieces in a deal that takes on salary
    Lakers have cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers have cap space.
    Saw your other post now - agree they should take on contracts that expire either this year or next as they're not winning as long as Kobe's making $25mm a year. But not sure if they're a rational franchise and I put them in the bucket of teams that are holding out hope for an A lister. If I'm them, I take on Lin plus assets from Houston and see if any bargains fall out elsewhere for role players and sign them to two year deals, hoping to trade them at the trade deadline. It's a tough sell to LA fans though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw your other post now - agree they should take on contracts that expire either this year or next as they're not winning as long as Kobe's making $25mm a year. But not sure if they're a rational franchise and I put them in the bucket of teams that are holding out hope for an A lister. If I'm them, I take on Lin plus assets from Houston and see if any bargains fall out elsewhere for role players and sign them to two year deals, hoping to trade them at the trade deadline. It's a tough sell to LA fans though.
    All that and keep Pau for two years. Pau plus picks plus players on rookie contracts could get them in the running to acquire Love.

Thread Information