Page 61 of 120 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2994
    Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw your other post now - agree they should take on contracts that expire either this year or next as they're not winning as long as Kobe's making $25mm a year. But not sure if they're a rational franchise and I put them in the bucket of teams that are holding out hope for an A lister. If I'm them, I take on Lin plus assets from Houston and see if any bargains fall out elsewhere for role players and sign them to two year deals, hoping to trade them at the trade deadline. It's a tough sell to LA fans though.
    Lin is an upgrade over Nash and he doubles the Asian Market for Lakers and can go with Kobe on good will missions. Plus they get a draft pick which they will be out of since they dealt it to Phoenix and either another PG in Beverly or Terrance Jones who's a big who can come off the bench and stretch the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand the Rockets. I mean, as soon as they didn't pick up Parson's option (which I get because they wanted the chance to match) were they really so dense that:

o They didn't think he would get a large offer?
    o That it wouldn't happen very quickly and other teams would give them the courtesy of letting them do what ever they wanted on their own time?

If it's true that they had Lin deals "lined up" but were waiting to execute them, they are kind of dumb because of the above. They had to know an offer sheet would come fast and even if they thought they could secure commitments from Bosh or Melo, they had to assume they only have 72 hours to pull everything off (finalize Asik trade, trade Lin, sign FA, match Parsons) so they should have just got everything agreed (even without Bosh commitment). Sure it's a risk losing Lin but is it really that big of a deal? Now they are in scramble mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is one cold mother if he leaves Wade hanging like that. Mother er is bringing the entire organization down.
    Two things:

1) I am sure that before opting out Lebron told them he was not sure what he was doing. As long as he was honest, Wade had to make a decision and probably understood that Bron took less (and a lot of grief) to play with Wade and he helped him win again. It's a risk, but I doubt Bron completely killed him.

2) Assuming Bron is cold blooded, how sick would it be if he went really dark on his teammates, they opted out of money and then he waits more than 3 days to decide. Then Bosh keeps waiting, HOU loses the ability to sign Bosh (and keep Parsons) and then he announces he is leaving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't understand the Rockets. I mean, as soon as they didn't pick up Parson's option (which I get because they wanted the chance to match) were they really so dense that:

o They didn't think he would get a large offer?
    o That it wouldn't happen very quickly and other teams would give them the courtesy of letting them do what ever they wanted on their own time?

If it's true that they had Lin deals "lined up" but were waiting to execute them, they are kind of dumb because of the above. They had to know an offer sheet would come fast and even if they thought they could secure commitments from Bosh or Melo, they had to assume they only have 72 hours to pull everything off (finalize Asik trade, trade Lin, sign FA, match Parsons) so they should have just got everything agreed (even without Bosh commitment). Sure it's a risk losing Lin but is it really that big of a deal? Now they are in scramble mode.
    I don't think that they accounted for LeBron holding the entire market hostage to his decision. They probably believed, like most of us did, that the Miami opt outs would be quickly resolved to create cap space for Riley to work. In that scenario, Melo is the big fish and he makes his decision within the first the few days of the moratorium. If he picked Houston, they would have had several days to work out the necessary trades before the moratorium ended. If he picked some other team, Houston goes after some lower tier free agent.

It was a high risk/high reward strategy, but the market has evolved in just about the worst possible way for Houston and now they're scrambling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things:

1) I am sure that before opting out Lebron told them he was not sure what he was doing. As long as he was honest, Wade had to make a decision and probably understood that Bron took less (and a lot of grief) to play with Wade and he helped him win again. It's a risk, but I doubt Bron completely killed him.

2) Assuming Bron is cold blooded, how sick would it be if he went really dark on his teammates, they opted out of money and then he waits more than 3 days to decide. Then Bosh keeps waiting, HOU loses the ability to sign Bosh (and keep Parsons) and then he announces he is leaving.
    2. Damn, that really would be some cold blooded . The only reason I think he stays is because of his friendship with Wade. But , if he ditched his friends on the Cavs I could see him doing it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should look into acquiring Shawn Marion w/ part of (or maybe all of) the MLE.

He's old but he's still a good defender with some position flexibility to the 4. He can be used to guard KD (while using Kawhi on Westbrook). When used as a stretch 4 vs. the Clippers, Trailblazers and Thunder, he would cause guys like Aldridge and Ibaka to defend out of the paint.

Most important, since playoffs are all about matchups, he would take a vital piece away from Dallas who was arguably the most difficult opponent last year in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for that dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $6.5 mil/per? Too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Lebron was told that Bosh would sign with Houston if he didn't sign with Miami

“At the end of the day, tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today,” James said. “They got the same personal problems they had today. And I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Lebron was told that Bosh would sign with Houston if he didn't sign with Miami

“At the end of the day, tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today,” James said. “They got the same personal problems they had today. And I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When/where is that quote from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a tad too much for General Greivis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Lebron even meet with any other teams? or was it just his agent that met with other teams?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Lebron even meet with any other teams? or was it just his agent that met with other teams?
    His agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going back to Miami. I just can't see him agreeing to a deal with another team while not directly meeting with them face-to-face.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh OK. Any idea which teams those were that his agent met with?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free agent Anthony Tolliver has been in substantial conversations with six NBA teams – including the Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers – as a stretch-forward addition, league sources told RealGM. Tolliver has also received interest from the Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, San Antonio Spurs and Charlotte Hornets among other organizations, sources said, and teams expect a possible signing next week. -RealGM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How has Broussard not been fired? He doesn't have credible sources, he isn't charismatic on air and doesn't even write interesting opinion pieces. What a country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How has Broussard not been fired? He doesn't have credible sources, he isn't charismatic on air and doesn't even write interesting opinion pieces. What a country.
    Sucks a lot of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same network that employs Stephen A. Smith tbqh.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going back to Miami. I just can't see him agreeing to a deal with another team while not directly meeting with them face-to-face.
    He supposedly just met with Ilgauskas this weekend. It was first reported That gilbert, Z and Cavs GM flew to Miami, but it was confirm that only Z went down there. Considering he Lebron are close friends, that was a smart move on the Cavs part. Z posted a picture of him Lebron in Cavs uni shortly after arriving back in Cleveland on his fb page.

So Lebron more than likely met with only Z, who was the Cavs liaison in this whole ordeal.

Thread Information