Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's proven me wrong and I admit it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Spurs have a very, very good PG in the next five years. Just imagine when the game slows down for DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Spurs have a very, very good PG in the next five years. Just imagine when the game slows down for DJ.
    It already has. He looks like a full blown veteran this year compared to last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His ceiling of Prime Kwa Lite continues imo.

Another year removed from injury, pumping iron, overcoming Grandpas misdirection and DJ will get there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe 10 Things

7. Dejounte Murray, puffing out his chest

Murray's improvement doesn't leap off the page as a capital-B "breakout," but something is happening. Look at this dude:
    That right-to-left crossover dusts suckers every night. Murray leaves poor Luguentz Dort somewhere near Tulsa. Murray looks different: at ease, in control, confident he belongs at the head of the snake. He's posting career highs across the board, and dipping his toe into medium-volume 3-point shooting: 33% on almost 3.5 attempts per game, with fewer coming from the corners.
    He has hit 45% on long 2s, though he's perhaps too dependent on that shot. Murray is not getting to the rim as much, and has drawn shooting fouls on only 1.2% of his pick-and-rolls -- 99th among 115 players who have run at least 200 such plays, per Second Spectrum. The happy flip side: Murray has the eighth-lowest turnover rate among that group.
    Murray's improved jumper gives Gregg Popovich more flexibility trying combinations of his young core. Murray's defense is back where it was when he made All-Defensive second team in 2017-18. His arms are a menace to society.
    Murray is the furthest along of San Antonio's key young guys: Murray, Derrick White, Keldon Johnson, Devin Vassell, Jakob Poeltl, and Lonnie Walker IV. (Is it too soon to include Luka Samanic?) Does he have the best chance among them at cracking an All-Star team or two?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a fluke lost last night with too many turnovers in the 3rd, dribbling into 3-4 people in the paint, like OKC was daring Spurs to shoot from outside. Pop should’ve countered with Patty shooting outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe 10 Things
    working on his 3-point shot and drawing fouls is next for DJ to up his game further

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    working on his 3-point shot and drawing fouls is next for DJ to up his game further
    Especially the threes imo. Cutting down on the turnovers was a must and he went out and did it. If he can have similar success with other parts of his game, the sky is the limit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All These Ups And Downs Are All Apart Of The Journey. These L’s Are All LESSONS And Never Losses And I’m Just Excited For What’s To Come. Thank God For Allowing Me To Make It Through A Full Season Healthy With No Setbacks Heading Into A Monster Off Season Where I Will Take My Game To A Big Time LEVEL And I Can’t Wait To Come Back Next Season Bigger And Better In All Aspects Of My Game. Thank You To All Spurs Fans And Fans In General Who Believes In Me And Want To See Nothing Less Than Greatness From Me!!!! 💯🙏🏽 #DM5🖤 🔛🔝🔜

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely improving. The last few weeks he made a better effort to distribute, such as finding Jak in the paint, which I don't remember him doing much even earlier in the year. But it's still fairly mechanical. And to be honest, I still don't think his current role is his best role. But I do think he can be the leader of the team, but that doesn't mean he has to be the lead ball handler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds like he knows these vets are not gonna be in his way next year. We hope...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am excited for DJ. I thought he improved this year and while his shot wasn’t falling, he competed the hardest of anyone on the Spurs in the last game.

Still has to work on his 3 pt shot. Come back aggressive with it. I wish him well. Do that: focus on your 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - getting more consistent in his 3pts shots
    - finishing stronger in the basket with contacts, and earning trips to the FT. If this means adding more muscles
    - ball handling has improved a lot, but nothing wrong with getting better
    - crossover midrange is already money, floater works. Add more to his offensive repertoire. I think Pop had Kawhi watched Kobe films

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m proud he proved me and a lot of others wrong about his game. Dude played great this season and I hope he keeps grinding and gets better.

I think him and White will be a solid back court for years to come if they can stay healthy. They are the least of our teams problems. Shoot, they are one of the few strengths we have currently going into the off season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m proud he proved me and a lot of others wrong about his game. Dude played great this season and I hope he keeps grinding and gets better.

I think him and White will be a solid back court for years to come if they can stay healthy. They are the least of our teams problems. Shoot, they are one of the few strengths we have currently going into the off season
    Not the right forum, but I think Lonnie should start over White. Lonnie has the potential to be a high scoring guy given a chance, especially if Demar is not coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the right forum, but I think Lonnie should start over White. Lonnie has the potential to be a high scoring guy given a chance, especially if Demar is not coming back.
    i like lonnie but i personally wouldn't start him over white. i'd much rather see white and murray paired up. that's a solid defensive backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while in theory I agree that Lonnie and DJ would be a really good fit and it might even help White and the bench with him running that unit.......

the reality is White is the better overall player between himself and Lonnie. I hope Lonnie shows out next season because he was the guy I’ve really been the loudest about having the best potential out of our young guys to be a star. He has got to be more aggressive and study more film of how to be better off ball on offense and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk is talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while in theory I agree that Lonnie and DJ would be a really good fit and it might even help White and the bench with him running that unit.......

the reality is White is the better overall player between himself and Lonnie. I hope Lonnie shows out next season because he was the guy I’ve really been the loudest about having the best potential out of our young guys to be a star. He has got to be more aggressive and study more film of how to be better off ball on offense and defense.
    True. But as a SG, Lonnie has the higher 3pt percentage, and better explosiveness to the basket. Lonnie just needs that scoring responsibility, and he'll take off. Lonnie is a Star if he can tap his potential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Solid isn't enough, you need spectacular to even have a roadmap to relevancy.

A projected Murray-White led offense next season will be a serious candidate for worst in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid isn't enough, you need spectacular to even have a roadmap to relevancy.

A projected Murray-White led offense next season will be a serious candidate for worst in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to S&T DeRozan and attach Murray for a top 5 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to S&T DeRozan and attach Murray for a top 5 pick.
    That's hilarious you think anyone would do that deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's hilarious you think anyone would do that deal.
    Top 10?

Thread Information