Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Actually, I've been thinking about doing TESL lately. I want to get out of America and explore the world and think that might be my chance to do it. I agree with the "good ol boy show em' hard working" bit does not work during interviews. Companies want to know if you know what you're doing and if you are good at it. Other than those two things, they don't really give a about any other things. But anyways, I've been reading about how you don't have to have a lot of money to be considered rich in China. I would definitely consider going over there to work.
    i wouldn't really bank on being rich ( no pun intended) if you choose that route, but it will definitely give you some cool life experience and there's no reason why you couldn't do it. Just realize you'll probably miss out on the "American dream" that so many people in this country are drawn to like bugs to a light. As long as you can get over that, you're ahead of the game. Charge it do game! i said i said i saaaaiiiiidddddd

The muh American Dream is what anyway? Work your ass off and compete for the best jobs, stay in shape, and then marry some spoiled American girl who is looking to take advantage of all the hard work you put in while you roll the dice on possibly losing half of it in today's court system. 'Murica! yeah! Also, while you're making $100k a year minimum, you also have to stay in perfect shape, and spend time with the kids or else Tyrone will be making regular visits to your house. Now I'm all about det work hard part but not the latter.

tbh imho fwiw, Jason Witten no helmet, Bin Laden stepping to the pearly gates 3,000 firefighters waiting for him "Don't worry, we got this", etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Actually, I've been thinking about doing TESL lately. I want to get out of America and explore the world and think that might be my chance to do it. I agree with the "good ol boy show em' hard working" bit does not work during interviews. Companies want to know if you know what you're doing and if you are good at it. Other than those two things, they don't really give a about any other things. But anyways, I've been reading about how you don't have to have a lot of money to be considered rich in China. I would definitely consider going over there to work.
    You can speak Chinese?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Nope. I've been told by the boss of my store that I won't ever be allowed to be transfer to a different store or move up to a boss position. With that type of feedback, there's no point of trying to get that at Target.
    that makes no sense

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    that makes no sense
    Which part tbh? I can totally see how the boss won't give Jacob any promotions/raises due to his horrible at ude/competence, but at the same time he can't be bothered

looking to replace his positions since he gotta interview/train a new guy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    How can a boss keep someone from transferring to another Target

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Why not tbh? he can probably tell the other branch that Jacob sucks and they won't approve it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I didn't realize Target had the luxury of treating people that actually want to work there that way.

I guess there must be a load of applications from Walmart workers trying to move a step up in life.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Have you thought about picking up an outlet to vent your frustrations on the daily? You could get into pop to do that. It's really inspiring music and music to blow off steam, or music to get you pumped up, or music to make you think life is always great even when it is not.

Check out this trancy K to the P vid and tell me it doesn't do more to relax you and get away than an hour long massage.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    Sounds like you need a dose of man the up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    This goes all the way up to college job counselors - some advice you get from them about how to find a job once you graduate:

"go in and drop off your resume! demand to speak with a manager! call them everyday about the resume you dropped off"!!

This type of advice gets your resume thrown in the trash.......sure, there might be someone out there who got a job by walking in and asking to speak to someone, but in today's age

you gotta follow the correct protocols, tbh.
    my mom's been working HR at Verizon for years and she always tells me to do that when going for a job.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    my mom's been working HR at Verizon for years and she always tells me to do that when going for a job.
    Your mom is re ed.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    it really, really depends on what kind of job.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    stop talkin , and posts pics of said mom

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    it really, really depends on what kind of job.
    Definitely.

stop talkin , and posts pics of said mom

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You can speak Chinese?
    Truth, most them teachers teaching English in China can speak some basic chinese (like that Paki bas in our high school) but I don't think it'd be that hard to comprehend a new language at a very basic level, and my Jacob is smart enough to do so imho.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't realize Target had the luxury of treating people that actually want to work there that way.

I guess there must be a load of applications from Walmart workers trying to move a step up in life.
    These type of jobs do.

They dont promote from within, when they do if at all is rare.

Retail is man. I used to work at a local Best Buy myself. Alot of work, very little pay off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    the entire low-tech service sector is pretty much imho, unless you somehow attain a managerial position which's just as hard as winning a Ph.D for us honest people who're loath to lick the boss's fat oily ass. I used to work at what some people may refer to as a "call center" where almost everyone complained about the heavy workload and the ty pay, but why didn't those s just quit that right away like I did? Most of them had families to support, I thought, but luckily I ain't got no that could shackle me, so I got the out of that rotten piece of and now I'm living a much happier life.

I just don't see how my Jacob persuaded himself to work at such a ty job (which he hates so bad) for so many years tbh. could just quit that and start living like a true badass despite his age, age ain't no issue to us celibates imho (when most of us are expected to live well past the 100 mark, like Zhang Sanfeng). Isaac Newton lived for 85yrs which was very rare back in his time, and of course, Newton was a lifelong celibate too.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    i wouldn't really bank on being rich ( no pun intended) if you choose that route, but it will definitely give you some cool life experience and there's no reason why you couldn't do it. Just realize you'll probably miss out on the "American dream" that so many people in this country are drawn to like bugs to a light. As long as you can get over that, you're ahead of the game. Charge it do game! i said i said i saaaaiiiiidddddd

The muh American Dream is what anyway? Work your ass off and compete for the best jobs, stay in shape, and then marry some spoiled American girl who is looking to take advantage of all the hard work you put in while you roll the dice on possibly losing half of it in today's court system. 'Murica! yeah! Also, while you're making $100k a year minimum, you also have to stay in perfect shape, and spend time with the kids or else Tyrone will be making regular visits to your house. Now I'm all about det work hard part but not the latter.

tbh imho fwiw, Jason Witten no helmet, Bin Laden stepping to the pearly gates 3,000 firefighters waiting for him "Don't worry, we got this", etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    my mom's been working HR
    there was no shot at the rest of your post being taken seriously after this
    HR

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    These type of jobs do.

They dont promote from within, when they do if at all is rare.

Retail is man. I used to work at a local Best Buy myself. Alot of work, very little pay off.
    Why would this be a surprise to anyone?

Chances are, if your job duties can be filled by a high school student, it's not gonna pay well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Don't ever underestimate "high school students" bro. Someone whose highest academic achievement is a high school diploma may also earn 6 figures a year, and may even find out the exact address of a girl's home by the only clue of a picture that the girl posted on the internet, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't ever underestimate "high school students" bro. Someone whose highest academic achievement is a high school diploma may also earn 6 figures a year, and may even find out the exact address of a girl's home by the only clue of a picture that the girl posted on the internet, tbh.
    just look at the ugly wankers on youtube who make a living from pulling faces...lol youtube

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just look at the ugly wankers on youtube who make a living from pulling faces...lol youtube
    Google made sure you that doesn't happen anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OP might as well buy at his workplace with employee discount and resell them on ebay or somee

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I don't want to be filthy rich. I would just like to have more money so I'm not constantly worrying about money. When did that become a crime? Honestly, I mainly want to work overseas for the experience. I want to see and experience a new culture and way of life. How many people can they have done something like that? Your worth as a human being is increased if you tell people you have worked or work overseas and have proof to back it. The place where you work overseas also depends on your value increase. If you work in like Latvia, Estonia, Paraguay, or Laos, no one will give a . However, if you work in China, Japan, South Korea, France, Germany, Brazil, or Argentina then people will give you props. Got to stay away from spare countries if possible.

Thread Information