Giannis needs to develop a jump hook.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I’ll play along and break it down more specifically for you

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    16% 3-10 feet! And worse. But sure, go ahead and take those 14% from 3 numbers. of a juggernaut

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unfortunately always been like that. When you win in this league nobody cares how you did it as long as you won. The only guy I can see where this wasn't true was Durant but for everybody else it's been that way.
    Unfortunately mostly true, but I've heard plenty of these pukes try to qualify and downplay the Spurs success.

Kawhi can put up an efficient 30/10 on ANY team and against ANY team & Lowry/Van Vleet/Siakam/Poop need him instead of the other way around. Giannis has to play like an MVP before complaining about a "flawed" 60 win team. KG/TMac got theirs & lost b/c their support cast was a bunch of journeymen. MVP Giannis literally got sonned by Butler who's basically dollar store Kawhi.
    Sure he can, so long as he rests when he sees fit (110 games in the last 3 seasons), has the most complete team in the league and catches opponent luck in terms of injuries/matchups . . . outside of those pristine cir stances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately mostly true, but I've heard plenty of these pukes try to qualify and downplay the Spurs success.
    That's due to Duncan refusing to be a media and corporate . If he had gone the other route in his career the Spurs and him would have gotten a lot of credit. #2 is getting a lot of love now simply because him and his people have made it clear that he wants to be a corporate and that he plays in the second biggest market. It's the biggest reason why you see the media cover for his boring dull personality by saying stupid like "He's a very funny guy." They never did for Duncan simply because he wasn't willing to be down with corporate interests.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's due to Duncan refusing to be a media and corporate . If he had gone the other route in his career the Spurs and him would have gotten a lot of credit. #2 is getting a lot of love now simply because him and his people have made it clear that he wants to be a corporate and that he plays in the second biggest market. It's the biggest reason why you see the media cover for his boring dull personality by saying stupid like "He's a very funny guy." They never did for Duncan simply because he wasn't willing to be down with corporate interests.
    That helps, but I still don't think they'd have done the same for Duncan. A soft spoken, below the rim big man from a different culture, is probably a tough sell to casuals, who make up the majority of any fan base in any sport.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That helps, but I still don't think they'd have done the same for Duncan. A soft spoken, below the rim big man from a different culture, is probably a tough sell to casuals, who make up the majority of any fan base in any sport.
    People can say I'm biased but #2 has a lot less charisma than Duncan and is more dull than him but the media is still trying hard to sell him to casuals. I can't just get over how the media gushes at whatever #2 says for example #2 could say "I need to go to the bathroom." Media "Ha ha ha #2 says he has to go to the bathroom this guy is just too funny." If Duncan decided to be a corporate and play in a big market I think they would have done the same for him as they are doing for #2. I think Duncan being a gamer would make him much more popular since all the kids and young adults today are gamers versus back when Duncan was in his prime. The media would have played that up a lot today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People can say I'm biased but #2 has a lot less charisma than Duncan and is more dull than him but the media is still trying hard to sell him to casuals. I can't just get over how the media gushes at whatever #2 says for example #2 could say "I need to go to the bathroom." Media "Ha ha ha #2 says he has to go to the bathroom this guy is just too funny." If Duncan decided to be a corporate and play in a big market I think they would have done the same for him as they are doing for #2. I think Duncan being a gamer would make him much more popular since all the kids and young adults today are gamers versus back when Duncan was in his prime. The media would have played that up a lot today.
    Idk, I feel like most casual fans still liked Timmy. In his prime, he was always in the top15 for jersey sales and was voted an all star starter every year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk, I feel like most casual fans still liked Timmy. In his prime, he was always in the top15 for jersey sales and was voted an all star starter every year.
    Agreed. I think there was a stretch where he was top 5 in jersey sales but I'll have to look it up. I do remember Duncan always getting voted as a starter for at least I think 10 or 12 straight years. One thing is different though Duncan never got the love #2 does from the media when he was in his prime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has nothing to do with the Spurs, you gots have your own forum for this, so piss off
    Threads get hijacked all over ST you should know that by now for example in the Spurs forum you have a bunch threads hijacked by politics.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

wow ur an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash the anointed coachwhen it counted then the freak - short list

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And down 2-0 to Jimmy Butler. You can’t be damn near 7 feet and be ing soft
    Frauden barely squeaked past Luguenz Dort. Rockets fans shouldn't be talking.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Imagine what Frauden's fluffers would be saying if Giannis shot 4-15 in an elimination game like their guy just did - while also getting badly outplayed by a rookie UDFA.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Sure he can, so long as he rests when he sees fit (110 games in the last 3 seasons), has the most complete team in the league and catches opponent luck in terms of injuries/matchups . . . outside of those pristine cir stances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team.
    HOW DARE A GUY WITH A DEGENERATIVE CONDITION SIT OUT A REGULAR SEASON GAME AGAINST LOTTO TEAMS LIKE THE SPERMS INSTEAD OF PLAYOFF GAMES LIKE WADE?!?!

And speaking of those “complete teams” loaded with all-time greats like Siakam/Van Vleet, based on that logic then Magic/Bird/Jordan/Shaq don’t deserve credit. Also, please remind me of a chip the warriors won without an opponent being injured? Never mind, 90% of the championship teams are illegitimate. #staySalty

BTW, forgot to address your "outside of those pristine cir stances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team"

Let's see, he has had 4 All-Star seasons with one of them being this season. So, your referendum applies to 3 postseason run.

-'16: Kawhi/Softridge neutralized Durant/Westbrook but Timmay/Diaw/D-Worst got destroyed by Adams/Kanter.
    -'17: Zaza
    -'19: Chip

So, you're telling me Kawhi essentially going 1-1 (w/ '16 being a co-star role) is proof that he's underwhelming as "the best player on a team".

P.S. If you're going to claim Kawhi was the best player on the team in '15 (Timmay led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com...l#advanced::20) then he was also the best player in '14 (Kawhi led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com...l#advanced::20) thus his record would be 2-2 & he's only getting better. (But...but...but..they those were pristine cir stances)
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-04-2020 at 02:43 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Similar to DRob

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    HOW DARE A GUY WITH A DEGENERATIVE CONDITION SIT OUT A REGULAR SEASON GAME AGAINST LOTTO TEAMS LIKE THE SPERMS INSTEAD OF PLAYOFF GAMES LIKE WADE?!?!

And speaking of those “complete teams” loaded with all-time greats like Siakam/Van Vleet, based on that logic then Magic/Bird/Jordan/Shaq don’t deserve credit. Also, please remind me of a chip the warriors won without an opponent being injured? Never mind, 90% of the hampionship teams are illegitimate. #staySalty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe in 99-04

Kobe in 07 (LOL, up 3-1)

Kobe in '10-13

Anytime Carmelo was the No. 1 option on his team. Pip without Black Trump holding his hand. LBJ is up there as well. Pat Riley Knicks teams. Teams coached by Budz.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And speaking of those “complete teams” loaded with all-time greats like Siakam/Van Vleet, based on that logic then Magic/Bird/Jordan/Shaq don’t deserve credit. Also, please remind me of a chip the warriors won without an opponent being injured? Never mind, 90% of the championship teams are illegitimate. #staySalty

BTW, forgot to address your "outside of those pristine cir stances, he's done nothing but underwhelm as the best player on a team"

Let's see, he has had 4 All-Star seasons with one of them being this season. So, your referendum applies to 3 postseason run.

-'16: Kawhi/Softridge neutralized Durant/Westbrook but Timmay/Diaw/D-Worst got destroyed by Adams/Kanter.
    -'17: Zaza
    -'19: Chip

So, you're telling me Kawhi essentially going 1-1 (w/ '16 being a co-star role) is proof that he's underwhelming as "the best player on a team".

P.S. If you're going to claim Kawhi was the best player on the team in '15 (Timmay led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com...l#advanced::20) then he was also the best player in '14 (Kawhi led the team in RS WS: https://www.basketball-reference.com...l#advanced::20) thus his record would be 2-2 & he's only getting better. (But...but...but..they those were pristine cir stances)
    Raging and describing 110 as "a regular season game"
    Thinking the caliber of team matters (typical hipster NBA fan with the classism high-school bull )

The Raptors had a deep team and rotation stocked with average or better 3-point shooters and defenders at every position and most of them can make plays too, either in a primary or secondary fashion.

He wet the bed in '15 and had to be bailed out by Duncan. When Duncan could no longer cover for him in '16 when he did so again, they flamed out despite being overwhelming favorites (I never considered them to be though). Then he quit in '17 due to an ankle injury.

Keep though because outside of the ass kissing media and the fans of his team of the moment, people don't respect this puke, including a lot of his peers.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Raging and describing 110 as "a regular season game"
    Thinking the caliber of team matters (typical hipster NBA fan with the classism high-school bull )

The Raptors had a deep team and rotation stocked with average or better 3-point shooters and defenders at every position and most of them can make plays too, either in a primary or secondary fashion.

He wet the bed in '15 and had to be bailed out by Duncan. When Duncan could no longer cover for him in '16 when he did so again, they flamed out despite being overwhelming favorites (I never considered them to be though). Then he quit in '17 due to an ankle injury.

Keep though because outside of the ass kissing media and the fans of his team of the moment, people don't respect this puke, including a lot of his peers.
    So, 2-2 as the “best player”? Got it! (Btw, opponents shyt their pants out of respect)

It also funny how Kawhi fits wherever he goes but Giannis/Harden had teams constructed around them but their team is somehow “imperfect”. You would have still been hanging on to the same straw man “pristine” narrative had Kawhi swapped place with either one.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-04-2020 at 07:32 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

is this y’all ?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

dodging this