Page 108 of 134 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Black Widow was pretty pointless IMO. It's something that should've been released years ago if they wanted to give Natasha a solo project. It's hard to get invested in a character that's already dead and a story that takes place before IW/Endgame.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I thought Iron Man 3 was great, tbh.
    Tell us about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    pleeeease talk to me. I'm so lonely here now that everyone has me on ignore

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Poor blake. Such a wounded animal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...4#post10550874

derp

Now gtfo and up one of your hundreds of comfort threads instead of this one

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...4#post10550874

derp

Now gtfo and up one of your hundreds of comfort threads instead of this one
    I just got done posting plenty as I spoke to your beta support group.

Gawd, you're a ty poster.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I haven't seen BW, but Thor 2 an captain marvel are my only tier marvel movies. Thor 2 because of Portman's phoned in role and story, Capt Marvel because the obvious

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I havent seen that since it came out, but yea its not top tier for sure. Ant man2, thor 2 and even iron man 3 are also pretty weak. Iron man, guardians, civil war and avengers are for me the best of the mcu films. I know most people love winter soldier, but thats another film i watched just when it came out and dont really remember how much i liked it.
    TWS is the greatest MCU movie tbh. Not a fan of Ant-Man 2 or Thor 2.

I thought Iron Man 3 was great, tbh.
    Iron Man 3 is a weird ass movie. The first hour is pretty damn good, then it s the bed after that in a pretty spectacular way. The Mandarin fakeout didn't work and they had the blandest villain that everyone has to google to remember his name.

Iron Man two is the opposite; the first hour was pretty bad but the last 40 minutes give it a passing grade.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Black Widow was pretty pointless IMO. It's something that should've been released years ago if they wanted to give Natasha a solo project. It's hard to get invested in a character that's already dead and a story that takes place before IW/Endgame.
    Movie itself was fine but kinda agree. I guess they were going for a dramatic irony feel with the audience knowing how it turns out for her but that didn't necessarily work. Too bad.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    seriosly? i just assumed it was between IW/Endgame, ing cop out

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Black Widow was mediocre

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    The point of a BW movie was to appease the feminists and introduce Yelena to the MCU. I'd say that the movie achieved it's goal, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    seriosly? i just assumed it was between IW/Endgame, ing cop out
    It took place between Civil War and Infinity War while Natasha was in hiding. Had it taken place in the five-year gap after the snap, that at least would've made for a more interesting setting with more story possibilities.

The point of a BW movie was to appease the feminists and introduce Yelena to the MCU. I'd say that the movie achieved it's goal, tbh.
    Yelena could've been introduced during one of the D+ series IMO. A movie wasn't necessary.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Actually, it was a lot less overtly feminist than Captain Marvel and WW, WW84 and Birds of Prey.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It took place between Civil War and Infinity War while Natasha was in hiding. Had it taken place in the five-year gap after the snap, that at least would've made for a more interesting setting with more story possibilities.
    Agreed, it would've made for a more interesting story, though it would've been hard to believe that he entire family would be intact following the blip not to mention the red room being intact.

Yelena could've been introduced during one of the D+ series IMO. A movie wasn't necessary.
    True but I think they plan to do a BW trilogy with Yelena taking over the mantle.
    Last edited by cd021; 07-12-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes

She's gonna be in Hawkeye. This was a pretty good way to get the audience familiarized with her. It's gonna be much easier to relate to her plight in Hawkeye when we see her being manipulated by Val.

Actually, it was a lot less overtly feminist than Captain Marvel and WW, WW84 and Birds of Prey.
    You're right, they didn't ruing the movie by repeatedly shoe horning the "girl power" moments at every turn.

That being said, there had been grumbling about BW not having her own movie for years. This is a good way to appease that crowd and win some political brownie pts.

All things considered, it's basically a filler movie in the MCU.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She's gonna be in Hawkeye. This was a pretty good way to get the audience familiarized with her. It's gonna be much easier to relate to her plight in Hawkeye when we see her being manipulated by Val.
    Good point. Audience knows her personality and that she isn't all bad and the audience also knows that Val is pulling the strings for a larger plan by blaming Hawkeye for Nat's death. Its not like he can just ask Yelena to take his word for what happened to Nat either because he spent most of the time after the snap slaughtering people.

You're right, they didn't ruing the movie by repeatedly shoe horning the "girl power" moments at every turn.

That being said, there had been grumbling about BW not having her own movie for years. This is a good way to appease that crowd and win some political brownie pts.

All things considered, it's basically a filler movie in the MCU.
    It is, but it's fairly well done. It will probably be better during MCU re-watches where in can be viewed in the correct chronology, after CW but before IW.

It probably would've been better served as a Disney plus series but it wasn't around at the time. Though I kinda like the idea of a BW trilogy that starts with Nat and Yelena and continues on with Yelena taking the mantle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I thought it was a decent stand alone movie like SW Rogue 1.

The only problem I have is the same problem I've always had with Black Widow is that she has no super powers but never gets shot and never gets a broken bone, even after falling from high up places.

I also thought the sister was more entertaining than BW. Red Guardian was great too, definitely needed more of him.

7/10 all in all

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

The only problem I have is the same problem I've always had with Black Widow is that she has no super powers but never gets shot and never gets a broken bone, even after falling from high up places.

I also thought the sister was more entertaining than BW. Red Guardian was great too, definitely needed more of him.

7/10 all in all
    I thought they were empowering women though?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

7/10 all in all
    Yeah, her diving off a floating ship 20,000 feet up with thousands of pounds of air debris and coming out unscathed was silly but sort of cool too. That said, I was amused that Yelena did mention that they have to take Ibuprofen after fights and she was clearly sore while she was mocking Natasha for how she poses during fights.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Wow! That was a of a finale. Just awesome. The implications here... damn. I can't wait for season 2.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So they merged He Who Remains and Kang?

Or is He Who Remains a variant of Kang?

Either way, he was goofy and annoying AF tbh…….

By the way, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Loki will be on Multiverse Of Madness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    thats because to some people feminism is any time a woman is portrayed in media

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    thats because to some people feminism is any time a woman is portrayed in media
    Unless the woman is being directed by Quentin Tarantino or George Miller, then it’s just a great movie and not feminist propaganda, since they feel the security blanket of a man behind the wheel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Thread Information