Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Sure that's a valid criticism, but let's not pretend that Adams is some scrubby "dinosaur" while Poeltl is the best thing ever when they're practically the same player.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LMA is essentially the 30 min center. Poeltl can give 80% of Adams for a fraction of the cost. Adams is getting paid star money but will never sniff an allstar game. Poeltl should get more production in 2 to 3 years time than Adams will.

poeltl isn’t adams and never will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

poeltl isn’t adams and never will be.

I disagree. Poeltl is closer than you obvious think. We haven't seen Poeltl play 30mins a game because he is behind LMA. Regardless, Adams cost 25mil p/y. Poeltl would accept 8mil p/y right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adams is a ing dinosaur staring up at the meteor that will be his doom: today’s NBA. He got played off the floor in the playoffs.
    Well said.

Adams got his $100 million contract back when teams actually paid traditional centers. I'd much rather have Poeltl at $6 or $7 million or whatever he'll get this summer than taking on that prehistoric Adams contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would you guys be happy with 70mil x 3 year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA extended 72mil/3years, which is what I want the Spurs to offer DD. But the cap has gone up a little (but could go down depending on the China issue).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obviously you referred to Demar but as the conversation shifted to Poeltl I was like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contract-year-DeRozan looks good so far. Better defense, 3pt shooting sightings, good adaptation to the new starting unit under Murray plus only one big, clutch scoring including game winner...

Still early to calculate his value for this team. I reckon Walker, Murray and White's progression will have a lot to do with the offer PATFO puts on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contract-year-DeRozan looks good so far. Better defense, 3pt shooting sightings, good adaptation to the new starting unit under Murray plus only one big, clutch scoring including game winner...

Still early to calculate his value for this team. I reckon Walker, Murray and White's progression will have a lot to do with the offer PATFO puts on the table.

I like your optimism and I agree that individually Demar seems in shape and sharp when he is aggressive and focused. I will have to disagree on being well-adapted to the starting unit. He has been way too hesitant. He needs to just go to the rim and score first. Guys are hanging off him and he is passing out of a swarm of players keying in on him. His defense has not been impressive either really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like your optimism and I agree that individually Demar seems in shape and sharp when he is aggressive and focused. I will have to disagree on being well-adapted to the starting unit. He has been way too hesitant. He needs to just go to the rim and score first. Guys are hanging off him and he is passing out of a swarm of players keying in on him. His defense has not been impressive either really.
    Regarding his defense, he's not suddenly becoming a great defender. Last season he started as a bad defender and showed the will of reaching a decent level. This season, he looks more adapted to the defensive schemes.
    I see DeMar avoiding contact in screens more often than past season. In P&R defense, that allows him to chase down his man and disturb the pass to the roll or defend the floaters from behind. Being able of scaping from being catched in the pick, allows him also to go for the late switch if needed.
    Probably contaged by Murray, I see him more active when he's away from the ball. DeJounte's deflections provide steal+fastbreak opportunities specially appealing for DeRozan.

Murray takes the best offensive guard from rivals but I'm intrigued about the matchups if the opponent has one or two great scorers/creators between the PG, SG,SF positions. DeMar and/or Forbes will be tested and I'm looking forward to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obviously you referred to Demar but as the conversation shifted to Poeltl I was like
    Me also when I read it

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    sign him to a slightly more expensive deal than murray... then trade him.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

What the are you talking about. He has yet to make a three this year. His three point attempts per game are even lower than last year's abysmal rate. There's no indication his three point shooting has changed at all. He's the same ty player he was last year besides drawing more free throws. His impact is still negative overall. He will still be a cancer come playoff time too.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget him choking the other night at the line

This guy is a mental midget, the max would be Patty/Gasol level stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget him choking the other night at the line

This guy is a mental midget, the max would be Patty/Gasol level stupid.
    That re ed ing fade away air ball he took at the end rather than run out some clock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sign him to a slightly more expensive deal than murray... then trade him.
    Yeah, except he won't sign that low, which may be the Spurs plan. Offer him a few million less than MAX, he opts out, and goes somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adams is a ing dinosaur staring up at the meteor that will be his doom: today’s NBA. He got played off the floor in the playoffs.
    I agree on Adams, but DeRozan isn't far behind. He didn't get played off the floor in the playoffs but did post the worst advanced stats on the team that clearly showed the Spurs were more effective with him on the bench-- and that's in a very close seven game series. In six playoff years, DeRozan has never posted a positive On Court number or a positive on court/off court number-- that's a pretty damning stat. Compare with a Ginobili or even an average player like Batum, Rudy Gay, Thaddeus Young... Being entirely in the red statistically so consistently is a rare achievement.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...derozde01.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the biggest nba playoff choker of all time. And until he starts shooting and making 3s I don’t even want him on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Charles murdered the kid

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    all in:

spurs upgrade ball handling, defense, their center position. gallo would be the 6th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all in:

spurs upgrade ball handling, defense, their center position. gallo would be the 6th man.
    I would hang on the Keldon Johnson (even though pop isn’t gonna play him for 6 years)

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Poeltl can give 80% of Adams for a fraction of the cost. Adams is getting paid star money but will never sniff an allstar game. Poeltl should get more production in 2 to 3 years time than Adams will.
    The only thing I will say about Adams vs Poeltl is that Poeltl is cheaper but other than that it's pretty much the same.
    I'd much rather have Poeltl at $6 or $7 million or whatever he'll get this summer than taking on that prehistoric Adams contract.

the shortsightedness of you all overlook the fact that adams will allow for la to conserve a considerable amount of energy on the defensive side. la wants to score, not be the anchor defensively. and poeltl is no anchor.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the shortsightedness of you all overlook the fact that adams will allow for la to conserve a considerable amount of energy on the defensive side. la wants to score, not be the anchor defensively. and poeltl is no anchor.

"You've only got one job, Steven. Help LaMarcus conserve energy."

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    "You've only got one job, Steven. Help LaMarcus conserve energy."
    adams' ability to finish at the rim speaks for itself, didn't think i'd have to mention it but here i am.

Thread Information