Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it begins.

Lies ("it was antifa, durr"), spin (it wasn't that bad, BLM something, duh), etc. We see it here already.

The overriding need to be the victim means they will turn this into something other an a literal violent assault on democracy itself.

------------------------------------------------

The perpetrators of the assault on the Capitol and their sympathizers in the media and Congress lost little time in claiming the mantle of victimhood/

History is rewritten by the self-styled victims.

Even after more than four years of rationalizing and excusing every violation by the president, Donald Trump’s enablers have their work cut out for them this week, after a mob incited by Trump sacked the U.S. Capitol, disrupted cons utional order, and killed a police officer. But, undeterred, they are still energetically devoted to the task.

I warned yesterday that Trump’s remaining allies would seek to memory-hole the January 6 attempted coup and convince people that it didn’t happen the way it did. The whitewashing is already in full motion. Some takes the form of dangerous disinformation—false claims, for example, that antifa was behind the siege and not Trump backers, even though Trump cheered them on. Those are fringe ideas catering to a fringe audience, however, and they mostly serve to muddy the waters.

The more common argument on the mainstream Trump-friendly right is simpler: It contends that what happened wasn’t so bad, and anyway it was someone else’s fault. The real victims, it turns out, are Trump and his supporters.

In an absurd video statement released this morning, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida tried to have it every way he could. He condemned the riot and warned against seeking “political shelter in divisive political movements and in conspiracy theories,” but instantly pivoted to talking about the real problem: the press.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...imhood/617604/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These peoples' minds have been raped into submission by right wing propaganda for decades...they'll lie to themselves to warp reality because accepting the truth damages their existence.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol @ anyone thinking this would die with Trump.

Banned
    My Team
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Post Count
    Indeed. All those treasonist lawmakers want you to know that they're the real victims.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. All those treasonist lawmakers want you to know that they're the real victims.
    derp springing in to prove this:
    These peoples' minds have been raped into submission by right wing propaganda for decades...they'll lie to themselves to warp reality because accepting the truth damages their existence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump leading a revanchist movement to topple the US government has already started, the only suspense is whether this movement will be crushed in its cradle or given room to grow, thrive and crush US democracy.

Republican cries of "unity" and "meanie bobeanie" disclose a preference for the latter imho.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 01-09-2021 at 12:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all you need to know about how gently these traitors were treated.

Remember, June 1 was the day all these people got gassed and assaulted and arrested for [checks notes] standing in a public square near a church.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ anyone thinking this would die with Trump.

absolutely true.

for 30 years now the people that think for these losers have stoked every single flame of division and fear and hatred of everything different, only to immediately try to position themselves as victims of unfair treatment when called out for their actions. It’s very much part of their playbook.

the stupids will fall in line, just like always.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump leading a revanchist movement to topple the US government has already started, the only suspense is whether this movement will be crushed in its cradle or given room to grow, thrive and crush US democracy.
    Yes this event should be used to crush political rivals and establish permanent one party rule. Capitol Hill Riot Decree should be Biden's first act. He could use the Reichstag Fire Decree as a template.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it begins.

Lies ("it was antifa, durr"), spin (it wasn't that bad, BLM something, duh), etc. We see it here already.

The overriding need to be the victim means they will turn this into something other an a literal violent assault on democracy itself.

------------------------------------------------

The perpetrators of the assault on the Capitol and their sympathizers in the media and Congress lost little time in claiming the mantle of victimhood/

History is rewritten by the self-styled victims.

Even after more than four years of rationalizing and excusing every violation by the president, Donald Trump’s enablers have their work cut out for them this week, after a mob incited by Trump sacked the U.S. Capitol, disrupted cons utional order, and killed a police officer. But, undeterred, they are still energetically devoted to the task.

I warned yesterday that Trump’s remaining allies would seek to memory-hole the January 6 attempted coup and convince people that it didn’t happen the way it did. The whitewashing is already in full motion. Some takes the form of dangerous disinformation—false claims, for example, that antifa was behind the siege and not Trump backers, even though Trump cheered them on. Those are fringe ideas catering to a fringe audience, however, and they mostly serve to muddy the waters.

The more common argument on the mainstream Trump-friendly right is simpler: It contends that what happened wasn’t so bad, and anyway it was someone else’s fault. The real victims, it turns out, are Trump and his supporters.

In an absurd video statement released this morning, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida tried to have it every way he could. He condemned the riot and warned against seeking “political shelter in divisive political movements and in conspiracy theories,” but instantly pivoted to talking about the real problem: the press.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...imhood/617604/
    Crazy. Almost identical to may.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy. Almost identical to may.
    No.

You are low information, low IQ and mentally ill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this event should be used to crush political rivals and establish permanent one party rule. Capitol Hill Riot Decree should be Biden's first act. He could use the Reichstag Fire Decree as a template.
    *Biden is the real Hitler*

saucy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as it provokes trump tears, let's do it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are remarkably well-versed in fascist political history yet so very ignorant in pretty much everything else.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    an in-plain-sight MAGA coup attempt is not akin to the Reichstag Fire, pre-emptive hand-wringing about law enforcement excesses when investigations have merely commenced is telling.

bad conscience?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this is really stupid. A new low for you, and that’s saying something.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of them are victims though, many are just ing idiots who have no idea what they represent, because they are literally stupid. They were sent out by parties who should really be punished, but wont

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of them are victims though, many are just ing idiots who have no idea what they represent, because they are literally stupid. They were sent out by parties who should really be punished, but wont
    Being gullible is not a defense, tbh... first time offenders will probably get a reduced sentence anyways...

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being gullible is not a defense, tbh... first time offenders will probably get a reduced sentence anyways...
    contrary to what Dems believe, you can be a victim, and it can be your fault

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are millions of people in this country who firmly believe that the elections are rigged against them, that Christianity is going to be banned, that we are headed towards a leftist dystopia where their thoughts and actions are policed by globalist elites who hate America. If you really believe this was happening, why wouldn't you try to overthrow such a government?

But of course none of that is happening, and those beliefs are put in their head by leaders who suffer absolutely no consequences from doing so, and in fact benefit politically from doing so. Same goes for conservative media and personalities who bring in millions and curry favor from Republicans from scaring their minions to this point.

And of course now they want unity and harmony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BE NICE OR WE'LL DO IT AGAIN

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are remarkably well-versed in fascist political history yet so very ignorant in pretty much everything else.
    Well I did warn all of you about 10 months ago that SAR-CoV-2 was the 5th endemic HCoV and would burn through the entire globe. Called it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did any politician set up a fund to bail these people out?

I know the VP-elect set up something like that for social justice "activists".

Thread Information