Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. I wouldn’t worry too much on Primo. I thought he was able to get to his position and shot, just that the ball wasn’t falling. But he still has a long way to work on.

Blake is the star of the Spurs in the Summer League. This guy wants to be the best player in the court, relentless and fearless. Those back-to-back triples says it all. The guy is not shy. He needs to work on finishing the basket.

Branham, a little underwhelmed. He needs to be more aggressive calling his number. As mentioned on another thread, Wesley has been outplaying him. But he could be better with better players around him that should get him open. I’m not worried.

Days is a joy to see. He’s Malik son finally arrived. The guy says he patterned his game around Draymond and PJ Tucker. Well it shows. For now he is the leading candidate for the 2nd two-way spot.

Barlow I’m not concern with his production. I’m impressed with his defense and length. And I have to always remind myself, he’s only 19. He is still going better. And I believe in him wanting to get better.

I hate to says that the refs are wearing blue/gold also. I think there are a few calls that should have not been called, and some fouls that Spurs should’ve gotten.

All in all, I’m not overly concern. Sochan could’ve help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s overlooked amidst Blake’s offensive prowess is his defense. He is hardly ever lost on defense and it’s something you don’t notice unless you look for it. His defensive cover on QSpoon on that play was *chef’s kiss*. He has potential to be a two way player which is something you cannot say for many players in this league. It’s not only the Spurs who are lucky to have this dude, but it’s Wesley who’s also lucky he’s part of the Spurs program and all the $900 million human performance that’s about to be poured onto him and all the other guys by next year. Wes is a monster in the making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking around the league and how the other players are doing…

Dyson played 8 minutes yesterday and not sure why. Injury?
    Johnny Davis 11p,4r,1a on 4-11 shooting yesterday
    Mathurin 15p,3r,1a on 6-16 shooting
    Shaedon…injured

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot Tony Parker:

- Wasn’t bashful regarding our franchises current state. Said he can’t wait to catch up with Pop and ask him what the PATFO are doing.
    - Noted he is a scout also and still doesn’t know 75% of our roster. Too bad he has so much else going on in life as he would be a solid GM.
    - Didn’t get caught sexting chicks on the sideline (true playa foreal)

Grade: A+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Kyler Edwards kicked off the team? I thought we signed that guy with an X10 deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shaedon…injured
    This right here. The reality is those three will probably be just fine, just like the young spurs will be.

The Spurs have Tre, Vassall, Keldon and Poetl locked in if Poetl isn't moved. That's a starting four that will get the majority of minutes. They also have Mcdermott, Richardson, Collins and of coure their top pick, Sochan. These young bucks are not needed at all. They will develop and get better. You pick them up young to put them in your program and train them the right way. Dejounte broke out during his second contract. These guys haven't even started playing their first.

They'll be alright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shaedon…injured
    Dyson stepped on a rival's foot while driving to the basket and rolled his ankle.
    Johnny Davis struggled a lot with efficiency, no easy baskets for him. Mathurin was the polar opposite.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s overlooked amidst Blake’s offensive prowess is his defense. He is hardly ever lost on defense and it’s something you don’t notice unless you look for it. His defensive cover on QSpoon on that play was *chef’s kiss*. He has potential to be a two way player which is something you cannot say for many players in this league. It’s not only the Spurs who are lucky to have this dude, but it’s Wesley who’s also lucky he’s part of the Spurs program and all the $900 million human performance that’s about to be poured onto him and all the other guys by next year. Wes is a monster in the making.
    The young fella is off to a good start; hopefully his growing pains aren’t very long.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This right here. The reality is those three will probably be just fine, just like the young spurs will be.

The Spurs have Tre, Vassall, Keldon and Poetl locked in if Poetl isn't moved. That's a starting four that will get the majority of minutes. They also have Mcdermott, Richardson, Collins and of coure their top pick, Sochan. These young bucks are not needed at all. They will develop and get better. You pick them up young to put them in your program and train them the right way. Dejounte broke out during his second contract. These guys haven't even started playing their first.

They'll be alright.
    ^this. Spurs Talk, where history & facts don’t matter!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to ever say that coming to Las Vegas has been a sobering experience, but this has been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op has to be trolling at this point… always with throwaway lines like “heady passes” when a player he likes has no redeeming qualities in the game he’s reviewing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like PATFO overrated Primo and are trying to overburden him as he comes along. They should probably him just play like a SG/wing and then learn the ropes of ball handling, instead of being thrust into the lead ball handler role. With the Spurs rebuilding (purposeful but unintentional tanking), they will have plenty of time and opportunities to allow for a more organic progression for the young Primo. They do need to identify a young backup to Trae Young though, lest the other wings' development gets stunted. A trade for a talented young PG while giving up McDermott works somewhere? I dont know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty spot on grades. the player who so far looks the most like a legit NBA starter has been wesley. but, he will need time in the g league to get some work on how to respond when he gets to the rim. at least he can get to the rim with frequency because the same cannot be said for primo. i'm just thinking he is better off ball. and yes, maliki needs to learn how to get more involved. i don't think he was disengaged as much as he was lost. barlow shows promise for someone with such limited experience and days works hard. i'm not that impressed with jordan hall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo does not look good. He looks slow, unathletic and I have hardly seen him get past any defender in either of these summer league games. To top all that off, his shot was off and his handles weren't great either. Was that a joke that the Spurs viewed him as their PG of the future?Please, please keep Tre Jones as he looks like Gary Payton next tot his guy.

Also, Blake Wesley is awesome. I love the way he's playing. I feel he should have gotten a foul call towards the end of the game where he was stripped towards the sideline. Not sure about the last play as they don't normally call it, but it seemed like he was fouled. I don't see why people are saying he's the one that needs to go to Austin when he's been by far the Spurs' Summer League best player so far.

I assume the Spurs play less games if they don't make the tournament at the end? I don't care about the losses, but just wanted to see them play more games, so I am upset with the loss if it means they end up playing less games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we assume primo is a plus nba shooter, something which he has not demonstrated, i think its much more likely that Tre just develops a better jumper than primo developing literally everything else

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we assume primo is a plus nba shooter, something which he has not demonstrated, i think its much more likely that Tre just develops a better jumper than primo developing literally everything else
    Sit back and enjoy summer league sir! Primo will be fine, the rookies will need time so be patient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sit back and enjoy summer league sir! Luka will be fine, the rookies will need time so be patient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of, I have no idea why people here are so down on Tre. Dude was a steal where we got him. Has done nothing but get better and be the only ACTUAL PG this team has had. Everyone else is a combo. Tre is an actual PG that makes his teammates better, plays good defense, and is reliable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ its redic the hate he was getting mid season because he has no 3point shot meanwhile he does so much else pretty damn well for a 2nd rounder learning the ropes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of, I have no idea why people here are so down on Tre. Dude was a steal where we got him. Has done nothing but get better and be the only ACTUAL PG this team has had. Everyone else is a combo. Tre is an actual PG that makes his teammates better, plays good defense, and is reliable.
    tre will have to be the starter but my biggest concern is who will be the back-up if primo is a bust at the point and the spurs move him back to an off-guard position. will we have to sign another veteran? i think, ultimately, wesley can come in and play the back-up but that may not be until a couple of months into the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp do the Spurs really view Primo as a PG of the future? We need some updates here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting to see Primo look like a legit NBA player....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be evident to everyone by now that Primo is Slo Mo 2.0. He doesn't have speed to break down a defender and didn't show any last season. He was constantly covered defensively as he tried to drive with no problem by his defender and often got caught down low with nowhere to go and no shot. I was surprised that he defended as well as he did, considering his lack of speed.

He drives me crazy with his limp-wristed flip pass that doesn't have enough speed or snap to it and is often picked off by a defender of his intended target. I suppose they can break him of that as a bad habit.

I believe he will have to be a catch and shoot guy on the perimeter but doesn't his shooting percentage of 36% last year (89th in the league) mean something after all???

I hope they give him a starting role this coming season so we can see if he has what it takes to be an effective player.

Thread Information