Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three uneducated people third party guffawing a medical discussion they don't understand
    medical discussion. This is about the cost of medical care. Do you think insurance is going to cover this @ $1.75M
    Per dose? You try so hard to have a retort for everything.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly a lot closer to Dems than GOP...
    He's more of a populist than the Chuck Schumer team... he at least says he's against kickbacks and financial corruption and greed unlike the crony capitalist Democrat establishment base.

Heck Trumpism is left wing economics and far right wing socially.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly a lot closer to Dems than GOP...
    Different enough though that he's not a good representation of the democratic party.
    If you're talking immigrants, those people have jobs. Normally the ones citizens don't want to do, despite not getting an education.
    Pretty sure the thousands crossing borders don't have jobs. There would be no reason for an immigrant in San Antonio to travel to the border for training.

I am talking about skillsets, not just manual labor. How many border crossers do you think know how to hang drywall or tape and float it, do framing or electrical and plumbing work? Or drive a forklift or lay brick and mortar or do stone work or tile? How about actual roofing with understanding of code and safety instead of fetching shingles and materials?

If we're going to let people in (and we should) we should give them opportunity to have a marketable skillset. It helps them and the country at the same time. There's a huge deficit of certain skillsets in this country and it's only going to get worse as Americans born here refuse to touch any job that gets their hands dirty.
    Last edited by DMC; 11-27-2022 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    medical discussion. This is about the cost of medical care. Do you think insurance is going to cover this @ $1.75M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Healthcare yes, education no.

Health care falls under the "life" category of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Health care is a right.

Education... is a privilege, not a right.

As per usual the USA has it bass-ackwards
    Education is a requirement and should be considered that by governments. Many successful societies know this already and build for it. Considering it a privilege instead of a requirement makes it luxury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different enough though that he's not a good representation of the democratic party.
    His voting record says otherwise.

Pretty sure the thousands crossing borders don't have jobs. There would be no reason for an immigrant in San Antonio to travel to the border for training.

I am talking about skillsets, not just manual labor. How many border crossers do you think know how to hang drywall or tape and float it, do framing or electrical and plumbing work? Or drive a forklift or lay brick and mortar or do stone work or tile? How about actual roofing with understanding of code and safety instead of fetching shingles and materials?

If we're going to let people in (and we should) we should give them opportunity to have a marketable skillset. It helps them and the country at the same time. There's a huge deficit of certain skillsets in this country and it's only going to get worse as Americans born here refuse to touch any job that gets their hands dirty.
    I'm actually pretty sure thousands crossing the borders do have jobs (ie: seasonal migrants, which are a lot, people that have family here and can offer them a low wage job, etc) and are substantially better at the skillsets that you listed than the average American.

They're not coming here because they don't have skills, they come here because their countries are a political cluster .

But to your point, why not Americans learning those skills? Is it that they don't want to do those jobs? There's still money in them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more of a populist than the Chuck Schumer team... he at least says he's against kickbacks and financial corruption and greed unlike the crony capitalist Democrat establishment base.

Heck Trumpism is left wing economics and far right wing socially.
    But the point is you can't find a single GOP figurehead against that college loan crony capitalism. Singling out (D)s on this is disingenuous at best.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ability to “mend or fix” genes was destined to present all kinds of monetary and ethical quandaries.
    This particular gene is not the first and it certainly won’t be the last Imo.
    Once some of the technological problems are overcome and it becomes cheaper to “fix” a certain group of genes, there will be arguments on why even “fix” the problem. Ie the biological severity of not having a certain functional gene will come under subjective scrutiny.

Also, once we start to fiddle with regulatory genes, side effects will inevitably show up and other subjective decisions will be created.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His voting record says otherwise.

I'm actually pretty sure thousands crossing the borders do have jobs (ie: seasonal migrants, which are a lot, people that have family here and can offer them a low wage job, etc) and are substantially better at the skillsets that you listed than the average American.

They're not coming here because they don't have skills, they come here because their countries are a political cluster .

But to your point, why not Americans learning those skills? Is it that they don't want to do those jobs? There's still money in them.
    Americans won't walk from the corner to the store across the street to apply for a job. Some of these immigrants walk a thousand miles in hopes of having an opportunity to get a job. Americans, for the most part, have plenty opportunity and turn it down. This is why there are deficits in skilled labor positions.

Yes there is money in those jobs, lots of money. A good roofer can make 6 figures. Some of it is hard work but a lot of it is also skill based pay. If you know a good mason or painter or anything in the trades, you probably keep that person's information handy. You can go through too many ass clowns just to find one real tradesman. With so many crossing, the ass clown to tradesman ratio will get worse if there isn't a trades school for some of these people to attend.

My comments aren't altruistic. I would like to see better skillsets in the trades. I don't care where they come from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans won't walk from the corner to the store across the street to apply for a job. Some of these immigrants walk a thousand miles in hopes of having an opportunity to get a job. Americans, for the most part, have plenty opportunity and turn it down. This is why there are deficits in skilled labor positions.

Yes there is money in those jobs, lots of money. A good roofer can make 6 figures. Some of it is hard work but a lot of it is also skill based pay. If you know a good mason or painter or anything in the trades, you probably keep that person's information handy. You can go through too many ass clowns just to find one real tradesman. With so many crossing, the ass clown to tradesman ratio will get worse if there isn't a trades school for some of these people to attend.

My comments aren't altruistic. I would like to see better skillsets in the trades. I don't care where they come from.
    Plus they're seemingly jobs that are always in demand and don't require big brains... heck, Andy could probably learn to do half of them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus they're seemingly jobs that are always in demand and don't require big brains... heck, Andy could probably learn to do half of them...
    Would you want Andy in your house? Could you imagine having Hobbit tracks on your hardwood floors, urine on your toilet seat and your cat's asshole stretched?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you want Andy in your house? Could you imagine having Hobbit tracks on your hardwood floors, urine on your toilet seat and your cat's asshole stretched?
    That's definitely a problem, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you bolded the prepositional phrase instead of the direct object. You're an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you bolded the prepositional phrase instead of the direct object. You're an idiot
    Speaking of a stretched asshole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of a stretched asshole
    See, this is ad hominem. Your capitulation is duly noted.

Thread Information