Page 125 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3523
    Make a trade steal
    Post Count
    Argentina has been lucky the entire tournament. Easy group then easy side of the bracket.

Australia and a draw shootout with the Dutch and Croatia is an easy path to the fianls. You take that any day coming into the tournament.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Guardiol isnonemof the best players in this tournament

Definitely makes 1st team allstar

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Argentina has been lucky the entire tournament. Easy group then easy side of the bracket.

Australia and a draw shootout with the Dutch and Croatia is an easy path to the fianls. You take that any day coming into the tournament.
    Netherlands in an elimination game isn’t something I would call lucky bracket. And Croatia didn’t lose a game till the semi-finals. Also, Brazil was supposed to pass there. Croatia was the finalist in 18’, probably not so easy game.

Neither think France made it to finals by pure luck, they are certainly good plus have the best Worlds player at this moment.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

Bias and ignorance are not a good combination.
    In the first game against the Saudis, we played bad and STILL shouldn't have lost. It'd take 100 tries at the same chances they had for the Saudis to score twice like they did in that game. Both other group opponents we beat soundly.
    Australia wasn't a particularly strong opponent, but France faced Poland, Brazil met South Korea, England faced Senegal, Portugal faced Switzerland... it's par for the course.
    The Dutch in the quarterfinals were neither the strongest nor the weakest opponent, but we were UNLUCKY against them and not the other way around. That game should have NEVER reached the penalties, if you happened to watch it. Played better, the Dutch miraculously tied past the ridiculous 10th minute of stoppage time, and stomped over them in extra time.
    In the semis we faced previous WC runner up and returning semifinalist Croatia. We weren't any luckier than Brazil, it's just that we actually beat them soundly when they couldn't. France faced Morocco. I'd say it's about even.
    So all in all, we didn't have a significantly more favorable draw than just about any team, we just happened to do what we were supposed to where others didn't. Not our fault.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    at one point you have to confess that France is totally depleted… even mild , one cannot afford not everybody at 100%. We are playing with a mix team, half of that team is made of subs utes. We are not playing against Morocco anymore lol
    France still has their 2 best players at full strength, much better than, for instance, Argentina had in 1990 when Maradona was at 30% and Caniggia was suspended for the finals, along with a depleted and worn out team. Or Brazil did in '98 when their best player was sleepwalking through the court for the entire match because he was having seizures hours before the match. Don't remember that stopping the French from celebrating their victory.
    Benzema is out by choice, your problem. Only Pogba and Kante are real misses, and no team is ever 100%. And now we're supposed to feel simpathy for a couple of players sneezing a few times a week before the match? nah. You're in better shape than Argentina was in either final we lost to Germany. You can win or you can lose, and nothing is set in stone. Man up.
    Last edited by Ariel; 12-17-2022 at 10:41 AM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    This is a possible France team for the final:
    Lloris; Koundé, Varane, Upamecano / Konaté, Theo Hernández; Tchouaméni, Fofana; Dembélé, Griezmann, Mbappé; y Giroud.
    Other than Benzema (who is in France's list of players and supposedly physically, so if he doesn't play it's by choice), I don't think that's far off from their best team. Even the replacements of the players out have done a fantastic job (like Tchouameni and Giroud), that's a super talented lineup, so I'm not buying into the whole "France is depleted" argument.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    N Africans cry a lot

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Croatia vs Morocco 2:1

Croatia ends in third place. Morocco forth.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    N Africans cry a lot
    you’re easily triggered

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    This is a possible France team for the final:
    Lloris; Koundé, Varane, Upamecano / Konaté, Theo Hernández; Tchouaméni, Fofana; Dembélé, Griezmann, Mbappé; y Giroud.
    Other than Benzema (who is in France's list of players and supposedly physically, so if he doesn't play it's by choice), I don't think that's far off from their best team. Even the replacements of the players out have done a fantastic job (like Tchouameni and Giroud), that's a super talented lineup, so I'm not buying into the whole "France is depleted" argument.
    The final still has to be played tomorrow. It’s football, nobody knows the outcome. Then people may talk this or that. Some luck is definitely necessary to win it all, since no team is completely dominant.

And in the end there are always some problems with the roster, for every team.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    at one point you have to confess that France is totally depleted… even mild , one cannot afford not everybody at 100%. We are playing with a mix team, half of that team is made of subs utes. We are not playing against Morocco anymore lol
    We're not 100% either, no team at this stage is, tbh. We also had to send home 3 players before the world cup started. You don't make the final if you don't have a solid team.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The game has definitely advanced in Africa. Some teams were near semifinals in the past, but this time Morocco deservedly made it to the semifinals.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I'm buying. I think France is in trouble.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    you’re easily triggered
    I would say observant
    And truthful
    Last edited by GAustex; 12-17-2022 at 01:48 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Imagine losing to Morocco

Portugal sacked Fernando Santos, about damn time. Four years too late if you ask me, it should have happened after WC 2018, when Portugal lost to Uruguay in round of 16.

Anyway, the team is too young and dynamic to be playing such an antiquated brand of football. Time for a new school manager.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Apparently Deschamps can’t stand Benzema and that’s the reason sent him out of the team convocation. Benzema is ready to play actually. Ballon D’Or, incredible.

https://youtu.be/MShJSSuKLWU

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I remember Cruyff couldn’t play in 78’ because his family got kidnapped in Barcelona shortly before the Mundial and was unable to concentrate. Big loss for Netherlands back then, that made it to the finals.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    No European team in the final, tbh, as expected…

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The game has definitely advanced in Africa. Some teams were near semifinals in the past, but this time Morocco deservedly made it to the semifinals.
    their physical play is whats costing them games...these european south american cucks all fall on any form of contact to bait the refs...

the asian teams smaller in size, have to work 2-3x harder but they all have a ceiling anyway wont get far...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    their physical play is whats costing them games...these european south american cucks all fall on any form of contact to bait the refs...

the asian teams smaller in size, have to work 2-3x harder but they all have a ceiling anyway wont get far...
    Decent showing, one team in finals - still alive, another to quarter-finals, two more almost made it out of group phase. Only 4 teams. Several European teams didn’t even win a game.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Decent showing, one team in finals - still alive, another to quarter-finals, two more almost made it out of group phase. Only 4 teams. Several European teams didn’t even win a game.
    I guess. Senegal made the KOs and got hammered

Morocco is born, raised and trained in Europe.

Is African footy better off today than 2010? Eh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    No European team in the final, tbh, as expected…
    Factos

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

To conclude from my favorite WC. Is the 2006 Finale.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Born
    Raised
    Trained

Because momma changed the diaper? These people are European. Give us credit for grooming men.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I guess. Senegal made the KOs and got hammered

Morocco is born, raised and trained in Europe.

Is African footy better off today than 2010? Eh.
    Mane was missing in Senegal, I think they definitely improved. Morocco is a good team, sent Belgium, Spain and Portugal packing, ended first in group, didn’t lose a game till the semi-finals.

Thread Information