Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see them wanting Doug/Josh/Jak to really bolster what they have depth wise…and I can still see them doing 3 team deal where SA gets WB too. Couple of paths.
    moves)
    You can see them or you'd like them to ?

I don't see the Lakers trading and losing their picks for the three of these guys, specially giving Jak, Josh and Doug contractual situations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see the Lakers trading and losing their picks for the three of these guys, specially giving Jak, Josh and Doug contractual situations.
    While Jak, Josh and Doug may not be the targets the Lakers almost have to trade Westbrook for some tradeable pieces to prepare for next year. By trading for RH they have signaled their intention to not create cap space next year, but to work over the cap. Keeping Westbrook would be a huge liability going into next season because no one is going to want to do a sign and trade for him that would bring back the kind of players the Lakers need. So unless they plan to re-sign WB to a cap-friendly deal I just don't see a path to improvement for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Jak, Josh and Doug may not be the targets the Lakers almost have to trade Westbrook for some tradeable pieces to prepare for next year. By trading for RH they have signaled their intention to not create cap space next year, but to work over the cap. Keeping Westbrook would be a huge liability going into next season because no one is going to want to do a sign and trade for him that would bring back the kind of players the Lakers need. So unless they plan to re-sign WB to a cap-friendly deal I just don't see a path to improvement for them.
    It’s a terrible conundrum (or great from our perspective). With RH, they likely have minimal cap space if they renounced everyone else including Russ. They could operate over the cap and keep Russ on team-friendly deal, but they can’t refill that salary slot. Sign and trade doesn’t bring back a big trade exception or contract.

They're stuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Both lol? And it doesn’t have to be all those spurs guys going to LA; can still be SA taking on WB and using those players to send to other teams too. Like Jakob going to TOR if TOR send FVV or Siakam to LA etc..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a terrible conundrum (or great from our perspective). With RH, they likely have minimal cap space if they renounced everyone else including Russ. They could operate over the cap and keep Russ on team-friendly deal, but they can’t refill that salary slot. Sign and trade doesn’t bring back a big trade exception or contract.

They're stuck.
    Precisely why they'd be smart to operate over the cap, instead of using cap space. They won't have a max slot, but they'll have more picks to trade in the summer. They could also keep some of their players easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re still in it boys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re still in it boys.

My guess is they are looking to flip Dinwittie.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laughing at the Lakers. First Kawhi and now Irving lol
    F all those guys
    Not trading with the Lakers put your Spurs in the lottery. You'd have 25 year old Brandon Ingram leading you right now....and still have an opportunity to get Wemby (after all Pop is the tank Commander, circa 1996-1997).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both lol? And it doesn’t have to be all those spurs guys going to LA; can still be SA taking on WB and using those players to send to other teams too. Like Jakob going to TOR if TOR send FVV or Siakam to LA etc..
    I'd take that if I'm the Lakers. Clock is tickin tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trading with the Lakers put your Spurs in the lottery. You'd have 25 year old Brandon Ingram leading you right now....and still have an opportunity to get Wemby (after all Pop is the tank Commander, circa 1996-1997).
    Still not convinced the Lakers ever really put Ingram on the table because they wanted to fleece the Spurs and felt like they had all the leverage.

Even if they did....FTL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup Miguel. If we land Wemby then it all happened the way it should have

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Toronto want Jakob if they are throwing this season away? I think not. And this is a throw away season for them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sup Miguel. If we land Wemby then it all happened the way it should have
    Sup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not convinced the Lakers ever really put Ingram on the table because they wanted to fleece the Spurs and felt like they had all the leverage.

Even if they did....FTL
    No, they never offered Ingram. The Lakers were lowballing the Spurs pretty badly, like offering what's his face Deng's decrepit contract and like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Toronto want Jakob if they are throwing this season away? I think not. And this is a throw away season for them.
    They're not re-building, they're re-tooling (otherwise Siakam would be available) and even then, I'm still skeptical they'll actually trade Van Vleet or Anunoby.

Either way, this is their usual attention whoring and using their media connections to have them attempt to negotiate on their behalf.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re still in it boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not re-building, they're re-tooling (otherwise Siakam would be available) and even then, I'm still skeptical they'll actually trade Van Vleet or Anunoby.

Either way, this is their usual attention whoring and using their media connections to have them attempt to negotiate on their behalf.
    Superfan Nav is your Indian daddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure he did. But Kyrie is a franchise killer and will bring drama to the Mavs. He will probably leave them as well and then Luka will once again have no second star as well as no draft picks
    But they'll have enough cap to sign a max player. Now who that'd be I have no clue, but by moving DFS, and getting back players on their last year's, they have like 38M next season as I read it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya - in hindsight, Mavs could have paid Brunson and still had Dinwiddie/Finney Smith and kept their pick to trade for someone else. It’s….not great overall management lol
    TBF it didn't seem like Brunson was interested in staying in Dallas. Dude wanted to go to NYK.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBF it didn't seem like Brunson was interested in staying in Dallas. Dude wanted to go to NYK.
    This, Brunson's dad is an assistant coach on the Knicks. There was no way Dallas could have kept him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever wonder what the Lakers would be like if they still had Ingram, Hart, Kuz, Randle and even D’Lo?
    Last edited by Ocotillo; 02-06-2023 at 07:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, they pulled their offer because the writing was on the wall. Brunson was gone no matter the offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they'll have enough cap to sign a max player. Now who that'd be I have no clue, but by moving DFS, and getting back players on their last year's, they have like 38M next season as I read it.
    They might be able to score an opportunity to get a max player in a sign and trade, but the free agent market next year looks pretty miserable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you fail a mental exam? I know trades get voided all the time for failing a physical. If I'm a Mavs fan I'm hoping Kyrazie fails a mental cause he'll undoubtedly that franchise some way shape or form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you fail a mental exam? I know trades get voided all the time for failing a physical. If I'm a Mavs fan I'm hoping Kyrazie fails a mental cause he'll undoubtedly that franchise some way shape or form.
    hahahaha i’m all for no mental health checks. This is why you need the Zen Master and CIA Pop to act as a Puppeteer.

Pop isn’t getting paid 12mm a year to coach he is actually a low key basketball psych.

Thread Information